Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 12:58 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I wish he had been buried alive like his victim. He got off easy.
Sounds like he sort of was....how does that make us better than him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 01:10 PM

15,650 posts, read 10,402,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sounds like he sort of was....how does that make us better than him?
Nonsense. He raped, shot and buried alive a 19 year old girl. His death by comparison was easy. My compassion is for her parents that will always live with the knowledge of her suffering at the hands of this monster who lived an additional 15 years after her murder.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Nonsense. He raped, shot and buried alive a 19 year old girl. His death by comparison was easy. My compassion is for her parents that will always live with the knowledge of her suffering at the hands of this monster who lived an additional 15 years after her murder.
I understand the feelings of her parents. I don't yours. It's wrong for him to kill, but you get a kick out of it and all is well.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:14 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,961,338 times
Maybe a little karma at work here.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:28 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,476,038 times
My brother-in-law was tortured and murdered. I and his parents didn't wish for an agonizing death or torture for his convicted murderers.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:34 PM

15,650 posts, read 10,402,982 times
Quote:
I understand the feelings of her parents. I don't yours. It's wrong for him to kill, but you get a kick out of it and all is well.
As a person who lost a family member to violence I would have gladly pulled the trigger on the perpetrator myself, as I’m sure any parent would if given a chance.

It’s so easy to have compassion when it wasn’t your young daughter who was raped and buried alive….

Some murderers violate the social contract with such viciousness that they don’t deserve any compassion. I’m all for airing the hideous details of their acts at the time of their execution, just so we don’t ever forget what some people are capable of.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
As a person who lost a family member to violence I would have gladly pulled the trigger on the perpetrator myself, as I’m sure any parent would if given a chance.
Probably so. If it had been my daughter and I was able to get close enough with a baseball bat, I can imagine bashing his head in. That doesn't mean as a society we should condone that. If things fell apart and my kids were hungry I might steal some food. I don't think as a society we should condone theft.

Quote:
It’s so easy to have compassion when it wasn’t your young daughter who was raped and buried alive….
I have no compassion for him. It's not about him.

Quote:
Some murderers violate the social contract with such viciousness that they don’t deserve any compassion. I’m all for airing the hideous details of their acts at the time of their execution, just so we don’t ever forget what some people are capable of.
Putting a bullet through the head of someone strapped to a gurney?

Old 04-30-2014, 01:45 PM

21,484 posts, read 10,591,140 times
Quote:
I think my reading is fine. You support putting the bullet through the head of some guy strapped to a table.
What I said is far more humane than watching the guy suffer waiting for the heart attack. You said I was bloodthirsty for saying the guy should be put out of his misery. Obviously once the drugs start, they can't be stopped. The difference is how long will it take.

And I won't apologize for thinking the guy should have his sentence carried out. He did the crime and it was extremely cruel. He was tried and convicted by a judge and jury. He had several years to appeal the decision. Now he paid for his crime, with the added benefit of getting peace if he believed in penance and salvation. Obviously he wasn't at peace and was very scared going in, but imagine that 19-year old girl watching her own grave being dug and then shot and buried in it alive. She could feel the dirt being shoveled back in on her face and body. So who is the bloodthirsty one here?

Old 04-30-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What I said is far more humane than watching the guy suffer waiting for the heart attack. You said I was bloodthirsty for saying the guy should be put out of his misery. Obviously once the drugs start, they can't be stopped. The difference is how long will it take.

And I won't apologize for thinking the guy should have his sentence carried out. He did the crime and it was extremely cruel.
But you seem to think putting a bullet through the head of someone strapped to a gurney is humane. This is my entire point.

Quote:
He was tried and convicted by a judge and jury. He had several years to appeal the decision. Now he paid for his crime, with the added benefit of getting peace if he believed in penance and salvation. Obviously he wasn't at peace and was very scared going in, but imagine that 19-year old girl watching her own grave being dug and then shot and buried in it alive. She could feel the dirt being shoveled back in on her face and body. So who is the bloodthirsty one here?
You, the other guy isn't here and is dead.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:10 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,464,800 times
I find it amusing that many of the same people who scream and cry about any sort of gun control being a violation of their Second Amendment rights don't seem to have a problem violating the Eighth Amendment with all this talk of torturous death, being glad the guy suffered a particularly heinous death, and so on and so forth...

I'm not talking about the fact that the guy was executed - that is a different argument. I'm talking about the fact that by a matter of making the guy suffer for 45 minutes, the Eighth Amendment was violated and, yet, these same "Constitutionalists" don't seem to care.... In fact, they seem to revel in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies