Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 05:12 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

All it takes is one horse sized dose of any one of those injections.

They don't need a cocktail if they just jack him up full of one ingredient.

Frankly I don't care. His victims suffered before they died, and died prematurely by his hand.

Screw em. Good riddance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 05:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Evidently, the drugs used do make difference or else the state of Oklahoma wouldn't have hidden the drugs.

To me giving the government the power over life and death is too much power, and state killings are legal, but

state governments can't kill people inhumanely.

Now either someone who supports state executions agrees with this, or they support state sanctioned torture.

I'll let you in or a little secret, governments that torture people as a matter of law are horrible governments to be ruled by.
If the governor had walked in and said fine, firing squad it is and the lawyers would have packed up with a win I wouldn't question their motives. I doubt that would have happened.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
ok and? Who runs the state of Oklahoma government? conservatives Let's not kid ourselves generally speaking this is the kind of state sponsored power that conservatives love.
I didn't see a large segment of the left complaining when Obama argued he could drop a bomb on the head (to be more precise in the vicinity) of American citizens based upon his say so.

There were a few and some of them also complain here. All due respect to them.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I've wanted a guillotine for years in front of the court house. Has nothing to do with any drugs. You are the ones crying about the drugs.
No, I'm arguing that the drug issue is largely a straw man.

Quote:
I think this clown should have suffered longer. Maybe get em addicted to heroin and let em flip out and overdose. Would probably cost less and get rid of em. Some who do things like this guy did lose their chance to live in our society. Sad but true. You defend them for some reason.
No, I condemn those who say "Kill him, kill him and make him suffer on top of it".

Old 04-30-2014, 05:23 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If the governor had walked in and said fine, firing squad it is and the lawyers would have packed up with a win I wouldn't question their motives. I doubt that would have happened.
Firing squad? You think these conservatives are so blood thirsty to kill people that they'll suggest firing squads if they can't get the drugs needed to humanely kill people?

Wow, conservatives get more insane each passing day. Smh.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:24 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I'm not okay with the suffering, but let's get real here. This was the State of Oklahoma's fault! They should have given a higher dose. Didn't they consult with anyone about the proper lethal dosage for a man of his height and weight? Why wasn't there an IV? I'm not at all familiar with how these things work, but I would think that if there was an IV they could have at least given him more drug to end his suffering.
You might want to read up on what happened. Right after this story hit last night's news, they said the man's veins collapsed/exploded.

It had nothing to do with the State of Oklahoma.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:25 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
ok and? Who runs the state of Oklahoma government? conservatives Let's not kid ourselves generally speaking this is the kind of state sponsored power that conservatives love.
lolol. This is the next best thing to "it's Bush's fault".

They never stop, do they?

Old 04-30-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Firing squad? You think these conservatives are so blood thirsty to kill people that they'll suggest firing squads if they can't get the drugs needed to humanely kill people?

Wow, conservatives get more insane each passing day. Smh.
Its how we are killing thousands in other countries every day.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:27 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I didn't see a large segment of the left complaining when Obama argued he could drop a bomb on the head (to be more precise in the vicinity) of American citizens based upon his say so.

There were a few and some of them also complain here. All due respect to them.
This is not about President Obama. Stay on topic.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:28 PM

125 posts, read 143,648 times
I understand the visceral revenge factor, and this guy was obviously a POS, but the job of the criminal justice system should be to be as cold and emotionless as possible and not take emotion into the equation. If executions are to be allowed, they should be as quick and painless as possible, just a procedure that does the job efficiently

As to the death penalty itself, I would have no problem with using it in the most heinous of crimes (murder, rape of a minor) IF the criminal justice system was 100% accurate and never convicted innocent people. HOWEVER, that is not the case, there have been plenty of people on Death Row later found innocent, so I can't in good conscience support it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies