Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 01:10 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Believe it or not, Democrats are Americans, too.
Only by birth. Democrats do not believe in America. You can't repudiate the founding documents of America while claiming to be an American. Doesn't work like that. America isn't just a set of borders on a map. America has a set of guiding principles found in the constitution. Democrats do not support those ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 01:15 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am a White American male Vietnam veteran and the Democratic Party has never lost me. It is not likely to lose me in the future. The Republican Party has never offered me anything useful except great entertainment from their lunatic racist religious fanatic fringe. Their core of financiers, religious bigots, billionaire elitists have always impressed me a group of selfish monomaniacs that not only offer me nothing but take from me due to their monopoly pricing of energy and control (Forever War foreign policy) of the government.

Presumably you're not working class, the working class cannot afford the depressed wages and inflated rents that illegal immigration bring. Nor can the working class afford environmental policies designed to cause electricity prices to necessarily skyrocket.

The working class needs and does not have a political party that relates to them.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:19 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Only by birth. Democrats do not believe in America. You can't repudiate the founding documents of America while claiming to be an American. Doesn't work like that. America isn't just a set of borders on a map. America has a set of guiding principles found in the constitution. Democrats do not support those ideas.

I'm not a Democrat, but as a member of a class of citizens excluded from writing and adopting the founding documents, I question their moral legitimacy.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:47 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,744,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Thank you.

You can not support American sovereignty and support a open border.

You can not claim you support education when you fight school choice and school vouchers.

You can not claim you support reducing energy cost when you block oil and gas development supporting the most expensive and inefficient energy source base on thing but emotion and ideology.

You can not claim you support reducing regulation when you pass a 2,500 page bill without reading and it have it create 20,000 pages of regulations and counting.

You can not claim you support immigration reform when you reward people who broke the law while you have fought every attempt to secure the border and lower legal immigration.

You can not claim you support personal choice and freedom when your side wants to tax everything and every action.

You can not claim you support the 2nd Amendment when every bill and law to restrict the 2nd Amendment has come from your party since the 1836 and has started a never ending wave of attacks since one the 2nd Amendment since 1934.

They claim they love America and are Americans but they dislike everything about this nation and want to change everything about it, its culture, its views, its values, its history, its heritage, its national language, its Constitution and the power and role of government through activist judges and abuse of power via government agencies like the IRS, EPA, ATF, Department of Education ect to get what they want..

"I never use the words Republicans and Democrats. It's liberals and Americans."-James Watt

How true of a statement.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I'm not a Democrat, but as a member of a class of citizens excluded from writing and adopting the founding documents, I question their moral legitimacy.
Women or black? You are aware that were meant to be applied to all person and the founders did their best to end slavery right?

Old 08-16-2014, 01:49 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,071,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
After calling them racists for the last 6 years? Good luck with that.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
After calling them racists for the last 6 years? Good luck with that.
It been closer to 6 decades. Why do think they want to add 30,000,000 new entitlement voters to voter rolls via amnesty?

"The modern definition of 'racist' is someone who's winning an argument with a liberal"-Peter Brimelow

Old 08-16-2014, 02:08 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times
Quote:
It not about illegals, Are you saying that democrats do not want to grant citizenship to illegals for a massive politician gain?
DO conservatives not want illegal immigrants to push down labor costs while simultaneously wanting to pretend they want them gone?

Old 08-16-2014, 02:09 AM

Quote:
It been closer to 6 decades. Why do think they want to add 30,000,000 new entitlement voters to voter rolls via amnesty?

"The modern definition of 'racist' is someone who's winning an argument with a liberal"-Peter Brimelow
I'm sitting in here Texas and the Republicans have not done ONE thing to prevent illegal immigration. Lots of rhetoric but no action. Yours are a bunch of hypocrites.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Oops. Wrong party, Greg.
Warren Buffett
George Soros
James Simmons
Irwin Jacobs
etc.

(Note to moderators: all images appearing in this post have been linked via HTML text command in a legally permissible manner per the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Perfect 10 v. Amazon ruling, and as such do not constitute copyright violation.)
Warren Buffet is a democrat now? He's supported both sides of aisles.... But hey..... If your side is giving him away I think liberals will take him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies