Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2014, 07:55 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
People like Sheila Jackson Lee though are too racist to be representing "the people".
She had some nasty racist comments regarding Obama's trip to Iowa regarding jobs.
Hispanics though are becoming the majority minority here and so far it seems they are more open to be representing all people, not just "their own" like many of the Blacks in Congress do.
Hispanics are open to representing all people? Surely you jest. Most of them are all about La Raza including those here illegally of their own ethnic group. If they are embracing others from the outside it is only those who are willing to sell our country down the river for illegal aliens via amnesty.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I don't know that I would say that "many of the Blacks" in Congress do that. I'm sure SOME do - just as SOME White reps feel they are only representing "their own".

Ken
They certainly don't voice it like Sheila Jackson Lee..the "freed slave".

And the Black Caucus in Congress say the 50% rule of elections in SC is racist against Blacks and they want it changed to 40%.
Since when is requiring 50% of the vote + 1 to win racist against Blacks ?

And this coming from a Black Congressman who has served 7 terms.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:00 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Maybe they SHOULD.
The REASON desegregation was FORCED on the deeply conservative South was because segregation was SO BAD there and it was pretty apparent those Southern states were not willing to do ANYTHING about it. It was wayyyyyyyy more pervasive in the South then than it is ANYWHERE today (including the North)
No. Look at the segregation levels of the following:

The 10 most segregated urban areas in America | Slide Show - Salon.com

Milwaukee is the most segregated, with a segregation (dissimilarity) level of 81.52. That means 81.52% of an individual race would have to move to get every neighborhood to reflect the racial composition of the city as a whole.

Additionally...

New York Schools Most Segregated in the Nation: The Civil Rights Project at UCLA

Quote:
NO ONE is "proud "of increasing segregation. They've just been ignoring it.
The Federal Government and blue states are ignoring their increasing segregation in blue states, but going after a minutely small student demographic shift elsewhere? Why? Just another way Democrats are failing minorities in their own blue states.

Holder went after Louisiana's voucher system because 9% of the vouchers were going to white low-income students. The other 91% were going to minority low-income students, but that didn't matter. Holder wanted to end them for the minority 91% to go after the white 9%. How absurd is that? If he's going to be so zealous in going after what he ridiculously thought was segregationist, why won't he go after the blue states' segregation problems? Segregation is okay if you vote Democrat but must be quashed if you vote Republican? Isn't that quite blatantly hypocritical?

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Hispanics are open to representing all people? Surely you jest. Most of them are all about La Raza including those here illegally of their own ethnic group. If they are embracing others from the outside it is only those who are willing to sell our country down the river for illegal aliens via amnesty.
The fact that you honestly think that "Most of them (Hispanics) are all about La Raza" tells us very about what Hispanics are really about, but reams about what YOU are about.
And wingnuts wonder why rational people think they are racists!!!!!

Ken

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Hispanics are open to representing all people? Surely you jest. Most of them are all about La Raza including those here illegally of their own ethnic group.
There is a mix....just like every group.

My Hispanic X-sister-in-law is VERY conservative.......much more than me.

IMO.....it comes from her deep Catholic childhood teachings.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:02 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,459,436 times
Quote:
The New America? You mean the one where women are legally allowed to kill their own babies? You mean the one where marriage is allowed between the same sexes? You mean the one where one is called a racist for wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced? You mean the one where conservatives and conservative views are viewed as vile and they are demonized? You mean the one where multiculterism is embraced rather than encouraging common bonds and assimilation? The one where we find ourselves trillions in debt and millions of Americans are out of work? That New America? No thanks, I'll pass.
The right wing agenda has failed. America has changed but the radicals have not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico
But if Republicans lose the race for the White House in 2016, it will be because of their party’s polarizing, out-of-step stances on those very same issues, which alienate much of the broader electorate the GOP needs to win a national contest in a country whose demographics and political realities are shifting under its feet.
In short, "Leave it to Beaverism" is dead, and multiculturalism is alive. Educated people understand this and embrace this evolution. Only those who are ill-equipped for change resent it. You need to come to terms with this reality.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Not from what I've seen here in Texas and read about in Florida.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:08 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,888,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
I don't know, I sort of like the new and changing America. The America that's becoming more progressive, more tolerant. The America were the extremist right wing that has held America back is dying out. I like moving forward, and I resent moving backwards, so things are good with me and the changing country I live in.
Here is a person who welcomes communism. One can only hope you don't understand what you just said...

Old 05-26-2014, 08:11 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
I don't know, I sort of like the new and changing America. The America that's becoming more progressive, more tolerant. The America were the extremist right wing that has held America back is dying out. I like moving forward, and I resent moving backwards, so things are good with me and the changing country I live in.
Um... you do realize that we are moving backwards, no?

Income Inequality has grown much faster under Obama than George W. Bush

Old 05-26-2014, 08:14 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,459,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Here is a person who welcomes communism. One can only hope you don't understand what you just said...
Thank you for proving my point -- I do appreciate it.

"Communism?" How 1950s! No need to check under your bed or in your closet for those darned Commies. It's 2014. Embrace reality or suffer the well-earned scorn (or pity) your fantastic, indeed laughable, beliefs deserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies