Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2014, 09:01 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Ken,

Far be it from me to assume racism on your part, because unlike the PC crowd who throw around the label without regard to substantive proof, I will not follow their lead.
Having said that, and I am looking forward to you expanding on my question as to why you seem to disdain "old white men", don't assume people against illegal immigration are doing it based on racism.

Lets take me for instance. I live in S FL, where there are plenty of Hispanics, a majority of Cubans, but a growing number of Central & South Americans. I call many Hispanics my friends, who I work with, eat with, and socialize with. Yet I can say without concern of my motivations, that illegally aliens, regardless of their origins, should not be allowed to stay in this country, and certainly not be rewarded for entering the country illegally.

As to how this would all flesh out politically, there is little doubt that most illegals from Mexico would vote (D), despite your assumption about their socially conservative tendencies. You are not even on the right track assuming Catholics vote conservative, because in the last few elections, a majority of Catholics voted (D).
Can you not read?
Where did I say I "distain old White men".
Clearly your reading comprehension skills are poor.

Ken

Old 05-26-2014, 09:02 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
This admin blames people for not trusting it. The blatant lies have piled up. Who can trust proven liars?

Old 05-26-2014, 09:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This admin blames people for not trusting it. The blatant lies have piled up. Who can trust proven liars?
LOL..they even lie to themselves (Clapper and Congress come to mind) and do nothing about it.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:13 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Can you not read?
Where did I say I "distain old White men".
Clearly your reading comprehension skills are poor.

Ken
I can read, and am a little disappointed with your obtuse reply.

As an FWI, white men have been governing well beyond the 1700's, and much of what we have in this country today is a result of that. I'd bet the stats would show that up until the last 20-30 years, this country was run almost exclusively by white men. How do you fit that square peg into the round circle you would like us to believe?

Old 05-26-2014, 09:24 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,459,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I agree. But as this forum proves, the rightwing extremists are not going quietly.

But the facts are undeniable, they are going....
And not just by dying off, but by the increasing rejection of their weird, anti-social beliefs. And most people just want to live and let live, and not be bossed around by the American Taliban. Their day is ending.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
And not just by dying off, but by the increasing rejection of their weird, anti-social beliefs. And most people just want to live and let live, and not be bossed around by the American Taliban. Their day is ending.
Is that really what you think of Americans that want to follow the Constitution as it was intended to be followed for our countries continued existence?

One wonders what type of a country it would be if liberals were to have governed for the last 100 years. Of course if the country was is ruins, I'm sure it would somehow be blamed on the moderates and conservatives. After all, if you can accuse non liberals of being the Taliban, you are so far too the left you wouldn't know what a true moderate was.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:34 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,129 times
The c-d leftists posting in this thread show all of us not only their incredible ignorance but just how sick in their minds and hearts they truly are. What a sad bunch they are.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The c-d leftists posting in this thread show all of us not only their incredible ignorance but just how sick in their minds and hearts they truly are. What a sad bunch they are.
Terribly sorry you feel this way, but if you think equality and progress are sick, then I think you need to reflect on your flawed beliefs. But you best hurry, as we are, sadly, I guess, leaving you behind.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Terribly sorry you feel this way, but if you think equality and progress are sick, then I think you need to reflect on your flawed beliefs.
That of course is not what he said, but it does not come as a surprise you took it that way. Based on the few posts I've read of yours, I honestly believe it is you who need to re-evaluate your beliefs as it relates to the direction our country is headed in.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
That of course is not what he said, but it does not come as a surprise you took it that way. Based on the few posts I've read of yours, I honestly believe it is you who need to re-evaluate your beliefs as it relates to the direction our country is headed in.
Then we shall simply have to disagree. But it's clear that the country is moving towards a more progressive, more equal society and there's simply nothing you or your brethren can do to change this reality. I imagine that must be a lonely position to be in, but there it is.

Some people choose to live their lives retrospectively, but I look to the future and I like what I see. Living in and clinging to the past is not a good place to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies