Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 05:01 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
I don't know, I sort of like the new and changing America. The America that's becoming more progressive, more tolerant. The America were the extremist right wing that has held America back is dying out. I like moving forward, and I resent moving backwards, so things are good with me and the changing country I live in.
Explain extremist or are you just parroting the quacks on Capitol Hill.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:01 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
From the link in the OP:
Quote:
"So long as I have the privilege of serving as attorney general of the United States, this Justice Department will never stop working to expand the promise of a nation where everyone has the same opportunity to grow, to contribute, and to succeed," Eric Holder told a civil rights group on Friday, the 60th anniversary of the Supreme Court's school desegregation ruling."
Holder and other Black Democrats are too under-informed to realize that blue states have the most school segregation and the widest income gaps.

The most segregated schools may not be in the states you’d expect - The Washington Post

Income inequality is greatest in blue states

That's the "new America" they want?

Old 05-26-2014, 05:08 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
From the link in the OP:

Holder and other Black Democrats are too under-informed to realize that blue states have the most school segregation and the widest income gaps.

The most segregated schools may not be in the states you’d expect - The Washington Post

Income inequality is greatest in blue states

That's the "new America" they want?
If you REALLY want to be considered "informed" maybe you should actually READ the links you post:

"...The demographic and economic factors that influence income inequality throughout the country are complex, and Barrington wasn't suggesting a causal relationship between the way a state votes in a presidential election and its structural economic situation.

"But I think it might provide some clue as to why this is more of a hot-button issue with Democrats than with Republicans," he said...."

Ken

Old 05-26-2014, 05:11 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,755,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
I don't know, I sort of like the new and changing America. The America that's becoming more progressive, more tolerant. The America were the extremist right wing that has held America back is dying out. I like moving forward, and I resent moving backwards, so things are good with me and the changing country I live in.
so progress is the same as moving the country back to a totalitarian society? I don't know about you, but I don't like being photographed when I am driving in my car and being mailed a ticket. what happened to due process?

Old 05-26-2014, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Progressing towards what, exactly? Higher unemployment? Higher debt? Higher illegitimate birth rates? Higher drug use? Higher surveillance? Higher taxes? Higher income gaps? Higher insurance premiums? Higher numbers of drone attacks? Higher education debt?

The extremist right wing that held America back made it the strongest and most technologically advanced nation in the history of the world. In the time you progressives have amassed power we have seen only one thing: decline.

Moron progressives so aborbed with tolerance that they are completely incompetent at managing foreign relations, technological advance, or the economy. So you'd think that they should at least get that tolerance right. But nope. They're abject failures at that too. Racial tension is higher now than it was 20 years ago. The plight of minorities is worse now than it has been in decades - poor education, families falling apart, violent crime, drug use.

Progressives sacrifice everything in service of their vision of social justice, and then fail miserably at that social justice. Complete and total ineptitude.
Exactly.

And minorities continue to vote against their own best interest.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
so progress is the same as moving the country back to a totalitarian society? I don't know about you, but I don't like being photographed when I am driving in my car and being mailed a ticket. what happened to due process?
You still have due process. You can fight it in court - just like you could if a COP pulled you over and gave you the ticket.

Aside from that, what does photo-tickets have to do with Holder?
That's a LOCAL issue you need to take up with your LOCAL government. It has NOTHING to do with Holder, the DOJ, or the Federal Government.

Ken

Old 05-26-2014, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
You still have due process. You can fight it in court - just like you could if a COP pulled you over and gave you the ticket.

Aside from that, what does photo-tickets have to do with Holder?
That's a LOCAL issue you need to take up with your LOCAL government. It has NOTHING to do with Holder, the DOJ, or the Federal Government.

Ken
I realize I can go through the hassle of going to court. I would win too, because they'd be unable to provide a witness to my crime. I have done it before. that is moot though. I had to take a day off work to go to the courthouse. my point was that we aren't progressing. we're regressing. and you're right, traffic cameras have nothing to do with the federal government. they like drones better. just ask the remote controlled murderer in chief.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:22 AM

Quote:
If you REALLY want to be considered "informed" maybe you should actually READ the links you post:

"...The demographic and economic factors that influence income inequality throughout the country are complex, and Barrington wasn't suggesting a causal relationship between the way a state votes in a presidential election and its structural economic situation.

"But I think it might provide some clue as to why this is more of a hot-button issue with Democrats than with Republicans," he said...."

Ken
There's no excuse for why blue states have the most segregated schools and the widest income gaps. Clearly, demographic and economic factors are WORSE for minorities in those states than for their more successful state citizen peers. Racism and classism are worse in blue states than red. That seems to be what Democrats want. They're not doing anything to change that.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I realize I can go through the hassle of going to court. I would win too, because they'd be unable to provide a witness to my crime. I have done it before. that is moot though. I had to take a day off work to go to the courthouse. my point was that we aren't progressing. we're regressing. and you're right, traffic cameras have nothing to do with the federal government. they like drones better. just ask the remote controlled murderer in chief.
And you wouldn't have to take the day off if a COP wrote the ticket?
When was the last time drones were used to write you a ticket?
Regarding "murderer in chief" - that's war. It's an ugly business. What's the difference if it's a drone-fired missile or jet-fired missile? - the targets are BOTH dead. Frankly, I'd rather NOT risk OUR men's lives if we can do the job with a drone. Do you have a PROBLEM with "not risking OUR men's lives"?

Ken

Old 05-26-2014, 05:31 AM

Quote:
And you wouldn't have to take the day off if a COP wrote the ticket?
When was the last time drones were used to write you a ticket?
Regarding "murderer in chief" - that's war. It's an ugly business. What's the difference if it's a drone-fired missile or jet-fired missile? - the targets are BOTH dead. Frankly, I'd rather NOT risk OUR men's lives if we can do the job with a drone. Do you have a PROBLEM with "not risking OUR men's lives"?

Ken
there is a difference between a ticket issued by an officer, and a ticket issued by a machine. the machine is produced by a private company. in VA, they were caught shortening the sequence at stoplights to issue red light violations. they took many of the cameras out after that. it's a moneymaking scheme and it's sickening. a camera can't ask you if you were speeding for a reason. a camera doesn't recognize explosive diarrhea as a reason to speed, but I do. yup, that is war, and I am sick of it. we've been at war for over a decade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies