Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2014, 11:03 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Terribly sorry you feel this way, but if you think equality and progress are sick, then I think you need to reflect on your flawed beliefs. But you best hurry, as we are, sadly, I guess, leaving you behind.
Don't be in a hurry to see the conservatives go.

The extreme left could never support this nation.

There is only so much giving before you reach the point of the well being dry.

There has to be a balance.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:06 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,129 times
ab is the perfect example of what I was talking about.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:22 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Alfie is without equal.

He seems die abetic.

Someone give that boy some "Equal".

Classic, Sucralose, and Saccharin Sweeteners | Equal
More off-topic jibber-jabber.

If you want to discuss sugar substitutes, the Food and Drink boards are that way. --------->

Old 05-26-2014, 11:23 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
I don't know, I sort of like the new and changing America. The America that's becoming more progressive, more tolerant. The America were the extremist right wing that has held America back is dying out. I like moving forward, and I resent moving backwards, so things are good with me and the changing country I live in.
You sound exactly like a brown shirt. You're saying things that are the exact opposite of reality. We have become a country full of uber-political-correctness and extremism called progressivism. To say we are moving forward means you haven't looked back. You learn from the past, and cannot progress without history.

Trust me, the 70s/80s were far more tolerant than it is today.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:28 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
So the fact that you've seen families happy on their vacations means the world is all unicorn farts & rainbows ? Most people are happy when and IF they can happen to afford a vacation.

I would think a more reliable indicator of how this country is REALLY doing would be to observe the working class ( you know, the majority of us) during their day to day lives. I suspect you move in a rarified world where the real ugliness & hardships don't touch you.

As to what your 86 year old mother thinks, yeh right... like any member of the working class is going to take what an obviously well off retired senior citizen thinks. How much of the ugly harshness of the world actually touches her, or others of her demographic ? Seriously !
Well, apparently there are PLENTY of "families happy on their vactations". Disney parks have reported new records in regards to attendence numbers (Disneyland was down a bit but Disneyworld was up). The fact is MOST people are doing fine - even among the "working class".

Disney's theme parks set attendance records while hauling in more profits

Ken

Old 05-26-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
We sure did not establish this country for people like him. Holder needs to find his own piece of land and start his own country.
Like what?

Ken

Old 05-26-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I can read, and am a little disappointed with your obtuse reply.

As an FWI, white men have been governing well beyond the 1700's, and much of what we have in this country today is a result of that. I'd bet the stats would show that up until the last 20-30 years, this country was run almost exclusively by white men. How do you fit that square peg into the round circle you would like us to believe?
So?
How many countries out there run by "old White men" are basketcases?
There's NOTHING special about "old White men" that makes them better qualified than any other demographic.
Very few women have ever ruled, but those who have have generally been more successful than your average "old White man" who's run things. Yeah, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abe Lincoln were "old White men" - so too were Joe Stalin, Adolph Hitler, and Benito Mussolini. The overall governing record of "old White men" throughout history is mixed at best (actually probably rather poor) - certainly no better (and actually much, much worse) than the governing record of women. While their record in THIS country is good, what makes you think couldn't women have done as well (or maybe even better)?

Ken

Old 05-26-2014, 11:45 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,459,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You sound exactly like a brown shirt. You're saying things that are the exact opposite of reality. We have become a country full of uber-political-correctness and extremism called progressivism. To say we are moving forward means you haven't looked back. You learn from the past, and cannot progress without history.

Trust me, the 70s/80s were far more tolerant than it is today.
Okay, I'll bite: how were the 70s and 80s more tolerant than today?

As to being a brownshirt, well, say what you want: it's still a semi-free country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
So?

While their record in THIS country is good, what makes you think couldn't women have done as well (or maybe even better)?

Ken
We'll find out when Elizabeth Warren gets elected president in 2016.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:47 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
We sure did not establish this country for people like him. Holder needs to find his own piece of land and start his own country.
"We?"

He's here, and so are millions of people like him. If you can't handle that, maybe you should go somewhere and start your own country, since you are so adept at doing that.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:54 AM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Well, apparently there are PLENTY of "families happy on their vactations". Disney parks have reported new records in regards to attendence numbers (Disneyland was down a bit but Disneyworld was up). The fact is MOST people are doing fine - even among the "working class".

Disney's theme parks set attendance records while hauling in more profits

Ken
You do realize that MANY of those "happy families" are international visitors, right? esp. Walt Disney World.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies