Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 10:36 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,911,625 times

Advertisements

I'd like to see the actual bill instead of the babble in that blog. "Affirmative consent" would just mean the girl has to say she does want to have sex so no having sex with chicks who are passed out and so can't give consent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 10:36 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I'd like to see the actual bill instead of the babble in that blog. "Affirmative consent" would just mean the girl has to say she does want to have sex so no having sex with chicks who are passed out and so can't give consent.
Bill Text - SB-967 Student safety: sexual assault.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:42 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,673,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Your scenarios are ridiculous, while that does happen the women would still stand a far better chance of not being raped if she had a gun with her. A gun empowers people, it empowers women, why would anyone have a problem with that? The average woman probably does not have the physical strength to fend off a rape attack from a much stronger man, but give her a gun and now she can.

Carrying a gun on your side is not uncomfortable, I know many women who would like to do so but cannot as California is an anti-2nd Amendment State and wants women to be victims rather than survivors. I take it you have little to no experience with firearms? A gun is a solution, it would cut rape and all violent crime, including mass shootings, by a strong amount.

Did you read my link?
No, I'm not going to read your pro-gun propaganda crap, for god's sake.

A man comes up from behind and attacks a woman. The gun she has will do absolutely nothing to protect her and will more likely be used AGAINST her. It is not a ridiculous scenario and takes very little imagination.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:46 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
No, I'm not going to read your pro-gun propaganda crap, for god's sake.

A man comes up from behind and attacks a woman. The gun she has will do absolutely nothing to protect her and will more likely be used AGAINST her. It is not a ridiculous scenario and takes very little imagination.
It is not "Pro Gun Propaganda", it is just official statistics and facts. Facts are propaganda? In what world?

There are a million different ways that scenario can go, a woman who is trained with a handgun and is trained to recognize potential threats to her life can easily shoot and kill a rapist.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:47 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
That is already illegal

Old 06-06-2014, 10:49 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,960,888 times
Another case of Democrats invading everyone's bedroom and trying to control people's sex lives. What else is new?

Old 06-06-2014, 10:57 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Yes, Republicans, please come out fully against this bill and continue your successful outreach to women voters.
Yes, because only women can be victims from "heat of the moment" sex.

No man in the history of everything has ever got caught up in the moment and had sex with someone only to regret it.

there are millions of men with genital herpes that might disagree lol

Old 06-06-2014, 10:58 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
"college students obtain “an affirmative, unambiguous, and conscious decision by each participant to engage in mutually agreed-upon sexual activity.”

What a crazy, unrealistic idea.

#YesAllWomen.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:59 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
Yes, because only women can be victims from "heat of the moment" sex.

No man in the history of everything has ever got caught up in the moment and had sex with someone only to regret it.

there are millions of men with genital herpes that might disagree lol
Well, let me know when a male college student wakes up from a drunken stupor to find a woman having sex with him.

Happens all the time to female college students. That's what this is about. I'll be interested to read your examples of this for males.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
None of the state's business.

The California legislature should not be snooping in private bedrooms.

Why do liberals want to control everyone's life?
Rape is none of the state's business ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies