Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 12:14 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
That is already illegal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
But isn't that why people visit sites like Breitbart and Drudge? Simply for the purposes of getting mad at something?
Probably why Breitbart passed away - that much rage can't be good for the ticker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 12:16 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,644 times
Government and sexual behavior has a history of trying to tell us what is good and or bad etc.

Moral choices of individuals are their choices, this is also part of the issue with drugs, and or other behavior.

Because California thinks young adults are to stupid to engage in sexual encounters they felt then needed to make a law to do something. What is does I am not really sure.

I think the government is not the moral teacher on what is good or bad. Setting laws that protect people from other peoples ACTIONS (not preventing) is the role of government. Example murder, stealing, etc this all have laws after the fact for actions taken against people via force.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:16 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Still it happens all the time. Some guys need extra reminding.
I know it still happens, making it extra super illegal instead of just regular illegal isn't going to chnage anything.

This bill is just a waste of time.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:19 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,533,732 times
I was worried for a second after reading that headline. I thought the State of California just had a problem with the Eighties supergroup Asia and banned having sex while this classic track was playing... whew!

Asia - Heat of the Moment - YouTube

Old 06-06-2014, 12:42 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
That's not what this is all about. That would be rape, not heat of the moment sex. Your comparison is nonsense.
That's because this bill is in fact about rape, not heat of the moment sex. Because Breitbart is staffed by liars, mmkay?

There's a huge problem with college rape being under-reported and under-prosecuted. Colleges (who for some bizarre reason have their own police forces) will of course rather avoid the image issues.

So this bill makes it clear to the colleges - not the students - that if they want to get that sweet government money, they're to live up to a standard where consensual sex is defined as being preceded by :

Quote:
an affirmative, unambiguous, and conscious decision by each participant to engage in mutually agreed-upon sexual activity. Consent is informed, freely given, and voluntary. It is the responsibility of the person initiating the sexual activity to ensure that he or she has the consent of the other person to engage in the sexual activity. Lack of protest or resistance does not mean consent, nor does silence mean consent.
Shouldn't be necessary, but apparently it is.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:46 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
That is, in fact, what it's all about.

College students have been getting away with rape for decades under the pretense that some girl at the frat party drank too much and just "forgot" that she consented.

This is a well-know problem and has nothing to too with poor widdle mens being persecuted unfairly. I suggest you do some reading on the subject. And no, The Simpsons doesn't count.
I believe that you believe that, and that we can both agree on.
Enjoy your cats...................lucky out LOL

also, that's not the simpsons

Old 06-06-2014, 12:58 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,184,449 times
This is why I almost consider the political forum possibly the most entertaining of all on CD, lol
Boy I miss a lot of bullsh*t since I got rid of my tv
I only hear this stuff from this forum, or honestly I'd be oblivious to it.....
But that's not a bad thing

Btw-- no bill, no law, no body is going to prevent rape-
It happens in the blink of an eye & seriously the people who are bold enough &
crazy enough to force someone to have sex against their will-
could care less about the laws.
I'm speaking from firsthand experience.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:59 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,269,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's because this bill is in fact about rape, not heat of the moment sex. Because Breitbart is staffed by liars, mmkay?

There's a huge problem with college rape being under-reported and under-prosecuted. Colleges (who for some bizarre reason have their own police forces) will of course rather avoid the image issues.

So this bill makes it clear to the colleges - not the students - that if they want to get that sweet government money, they're to live up to a standard where consensual sex is defined as being preceded by :

That definition is still a bit vague. If I were in CA, would my gf have to say "yes I want to have sex with you" or would her engagement in the act be enough to imply consent.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:06 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,778,487 times
California is too far out there for me.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:08 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
an affirmative, unambiguous, and conscious decision by each participant to engage in mutually agreed-upon sexual activity. Consent is informed, freely given, and voluntary. It is the responsibility of the person initiating the sexual activity to ensure that he or she has the consent of the other person to engage in the sexual activity. Lack of protest or resistance does not mean consent, nor does silence mean consent.

By that definition, every man and woman I know is a serial rapist. Is my GF a rapist for surprising me with oral sex in the morning. Seriously, who on this thread has ever sat down with someone they wanted to have sex with and said "so do I have your consent to to bone you?", and then proceeded to make out and have sex.

Sounds like a recipe for really awkward sex with a hint of stage fright for the future of this country. I'm glad I didn't have to deal with nonsense like this when I was in college.

If they really want to do something to help prevent rape on college campuses, then they should just make them all dry and actually enforce it by expulsion for those that bring alcohol on to campus. A pollicy like that would almost eliminate the problem if it was ACTUALLY enforced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies