Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 09:37 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times

Advertisements

Obama telegraphed his entire presidency in 2008. His history as campus radical, community organizer rabble-rouser, Illinois Senate thugocrat and brief stint in the US Senate told everyone all they needed to know about the man and what would come from electing him.

THEY CHOSE TO NOT SEE, TO NOT HEAR, AND TO NOT LISTEN. Now they're mad that they made that choice.

He didn't promise one thing and deliver another. He promised progressivist big government crony capitalist welfare statism, and he's delivered it by the truckload. Most everything he's done in 5.5 years was something he promised. Sure, crap like transparent administration and bipartisan blah blah were broken promises, but all of his tyranny stuff? Oh no, he told you about that back in 2004. It's in his books. It's in everything he ever says.

He was always going to be an emperor, and he was pretty open and up front about it. Everyone regretting voting for him now just refused to pay attention.

For the European asking the question, Obama and his current popularity is no different than Francois Hollande and his decline. That knucklehead won the job HANDILY by promising exactly what he's delivered....increased economic misery for France. But he told the French people exactly what he was going to do, they were just stupid enough to think it might work, now a growing segment of France is mad at realizing how stupid they were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 09:37 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,483,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
No sane person would think Romney was a "tea nut loon" or hateful.
Yes, but you don't just elect a president, you elect a whole entourage of bureaucrats, and the GOP of 2012 seemed packed to the brim with crazies.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:38 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Not vetoing the NDAA was a big deal for me. Probalby the biggest issue I have with his entire presidency, honestly.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Sure, crap like transparent administration and bipartisan blah blah were broken promises, but all of his tyranny stuff? Oh no, he told you about that back in 2004. It's in his books. It's in everything he ever says.

He was always going to be an emperor, and he was pretty open and up front about it.
Where was that in his books?

Old 06-10-2014, 09:39 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Yes, but you don't just elect a president, you elect a whole entourage of bureaucrats, and the GOP of 2012 seemed packed to the brim with crazies.
Like who???

Old 06-10-2014, 09:41 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,036,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
No sane person would think Romney was a "tea nut loon" or hateful.
That was all part of the smear campaign against him.
You miss the point. Romney was the only sane person out of the Tea Nut clown car of candidates. By the time the Tea Party lunatics for president had finished speaking and revealing their ignorance and hatred to the world - often with no shortage of cheers from the audience - many people were not going to vote for that party, no matter who they eventually selected as their candidate.

And, then there was Romney himself - the great flip-flopper. One moment, he's creating universal health-care in Massachusetts. The next moment, he's saying what a horrible idea universal health care is... One day he claims to be "for the people," and the next he's hiding his tax returns and reminding us that he doesn't care about 40-some percent of the population. Truthfully, I only think he got as many votes as he did because some percentage of the people in this nation would have voted for a serial killer before voting for Obama since they see the current president as the "root of all evil" or some drek.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:42 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,036,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post

He was always going to be an emperor, and he was pretty open and up front about it. Everyone regretting voting for him now just refused to pay attention.
Let me guess - as "emperor" he was also going to cancel the election in 2012, right? I've heard that one before, too...

Old 06-10-2014, 09:44 AM

25,770 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I understood Obama perfectly as he spoke as a candidate.......we pulled out of banks as soon as he won.

We avoided buying much his first term.......last year I was getting to low on deprecation....so I had to make few purchases.

Next year is our year to replace work trucks.....I am still on the fence about what to do.
If I have been absorbing some of your past posts accurately, it may just be time to pull out completely and do the fun in the sun Central America plan.

Get out while the getting is good? Just my opinion, but I don't see things getting any better in the foreseeable future. We are (and have been) on a slow, steady decline, and at this point I'm not so sure that it matters who is in the white house. A slowing decline is still a decline.

I've been entertaining the idea of South America (Uruguay in particular) for years. Each year it gets more appealing.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:44 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Romney, not being a "tea nut" would not have surrounded himself with "tea nuts" either.

However, people that keep believing otherwise will keep voting stupidly in presidential elections. Not much I can do about that until they've learned a hard lesson from their poor voting choices.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Like who???
The most notorious faces of the party at the time were Akin and Mourdock. But there's always the Gohmerts and the Brouns, and of course the Pat Robertsons and Michelle Bachmanns, and all the other remnants and sweepings to give the party its inimitable kookiness.

Those are not the people, but are the type of people we could be expecting to fill our Executive Branch in just about any conceivable Republican administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies