Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 09:46 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Where was that in his books?
It's the entire theme of both.

Oh wait, are you one of those folks asking where is the specific sentence that uses those exact words, because you only know literal meaning and have never been acquainted with figurative? If so, stop reading here because critical thinking is required from here on out.

His books are what I like to call "Obama's Two Treatises on Grievance." Couple what is printed in them with his actual resume, and read a history book on how Nixon weaponized the Executive Branch for the same kind of psych profile...and yeah, Obama telegraphed his imperial presidency all the way back to how he won his state Senate seat in Illinois.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 09:47 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,483,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Romney, not being a "tea nut" would not have surrounded himself with "tea nuts" either.
Not necessarily true. George W. Bush was not commonly considered a neoconservative, and look what we ended up with.

Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama did not have the same foreign affairs philosophy, and we saw where she ended up.

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
You miss the point. Romney was the only sane person out of the Tea Nut clown car of candidates. By the time the Tea Party lunatics for president had finished speaking and revealing their ignorance and hatred to the world - often with no shortage of cheers from the audience - many people were not going to vote for that party, no matter who they eventually selected as their candidate.
I miss no point from partisans such as yourself, because there is none. Not a valid one at least. It's 95% progressive propaganda.

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
The most notorious faces of the party at the time were Akin and Mourdock. But there's always the Gohmerts and the Brouns, and of course the Pat Robertsons and Michelle Bachmanns, and all the other remnants and sweepings to give the party its inimitable kookiness.

Those are not the people, but are the type of people we could be expecting to fill our Executive Branch in just about any conceivable Republican administration.
And of course, having former domestic terrorists placed in the Executive Branch by the Other Flavor is preferable.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Oh wait, are you one of those folks asking where is the specific sentence that uses those exact words, because you only know literal meaning and have never been acquainted with figurative? If so, stop reading here because critical thinking is required from here on out.
I'm one of those folks who doesn't spend so much time reading between the lines that I neglect to read the lines.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:48 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Just a guess, but maybe Obama's many lies have finally caught up to him? Maybe that is why his followers have turned away from him.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And of course, having former domestic terrorists placed in the Executive Branch by the Other Flavor is preferable.
Who would those be?

Old 06-10-2014, 09:49 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
I'm one of those folks who doesn't spend so much time reading between the lines that I neglect to read the lines.
I love honesty.....thank you.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:51 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
A president that is portrayed as "the one", "the savior". There are many pictures of Obama with a halo of light around his head. A media that continues to promote that image no matter what goes wrong. Then Obama saying

They'll warn that tyranny always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices.
-- Barack Obama

When a media does this and a politician tells you reject voices that warn against it,.. take a good hard look. Too bad the Germans didn't wake up in time. No-one, and I mean no-one, from any party should be looked at and promoted as like this.

When too few hold too much power it will always be abused.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:53 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
And folks like Obama count on you for that. But in his two books, it's on the lines, between them, around them, on the dust jacket, etc. He's been peddling Grievance, Inc's snake oil since he left college.

What do you think would happen if Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson were elected President and had Harry Reid defending their every move in the Senate? No, neither has said they'd be emperor, but are you kidding me that you can't imagine what lifelong grievance peddlers would do with that kind of power?

Obama was, is and will always be a pissed off grievance peddler. Re-read those books. Seriously. He told you everything you ever needed to know about him, same as Nixon did in 1960.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies