Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 03:25 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Of course Columbia cannot release Obama's transcript. Obama, however, can release it. Why does he choose not to do so?
Because he's the President and that comes with the perk of not having to say "How high?" when a bunch of crackpots say "Jump!"

Old 06-26-2014, 03:37 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Because he's the President and that comes with the perk of not having to say "How high?" when a bunch of crackpots say "Jump!"
It's no longer the days of Abe Lincoln... and I don't think it's a crackpot idea to see college
transcripts of our presidents.

I know it's not the law now, but really, how many academically challenged Presidents are we going to have

Old 06-26-2014, 03:41 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Did Barry Soeterro claim to be an Indonesian when he entered Columbia?

There's really no other reason to hide the transcripts.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:43 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i think that birtherism will always be looked back up on as the classic example of how internet rumors and hoaxes can have an affect on the political perceptions of a significant percentage of the voting population ( about 20-30% according to polls ).

People will believe anything when it validates their perceptions and biases.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:45 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
It's no longer the days of Abe Lincoln... and I don't think it's a crackpot idea to see college
transcripts of our presidents.

I know it's not the law now, but really, how many academically challenged Presidents are we going to have
<shrug> Remember how the Birfers said "If only he'd release the long form, all of this would be settled"? They lied then. I think they're lying now.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:45 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,428,693 times
Quote:
What a bunch of crap.
Why yes, you did bring a bunch of crap to this argument. Let's see if we can help you though.

Quote:
1. Did you read the links to the people who "knew him"? Two professors, who apparently had Obama in thier classes, had to be reminded that he was in thier class- they did not remember him.
Only one person on your list "remembers" him in a class. The roomie did not have him in a class.
Clearly YOU did not read any of those links. From the Michael Wolf link:

Quote:
One person who did remember Mr. Obama was Michael L. Baron, who taught a senior seminar on international politics and American policy. Mr. Baron, now president of an electronics company in Florida, said he was Mr. Obama’s adviser on the senior thesis for that course. Mr. Baron, who later wrote Mr. Obama a recommendation for Harvard Law School, gave him an A in the course.

Columbia was a hotbed for discussion of foreign policy, Mr. Baron said. The faculty included Zbigniew Brzezinski, the former national security adviser, and Zalmay Khalilzad, now the American ambassador to the United Nations. Half of the eight students in the seminar were outstanding, and Mr. Obama was among them, Mr. Baron said.

Michael J. Wolf, who took the seminar with him and went on to become president of MTV Networks, said: “He was very smart. He had a broad sense of international politics and international relations. It was a class with a lot of debate. He was a very, very active participant. I think he was truly distinctive from the other people in that class. He stood out.”
Professor Davis also clearly remembers him. Where do you get they "had to be reminded?"

Quote:
2. Obama did not graduate with ANY HONORS from Columbia (i.e. crap grades). Now how in the hell did someone with NO HONORS get into Harvard Law?
Your ignorance of how higher education works is showing here. I know an attorney who graduated Harvard Law who also graduated from his undergraduate institution "without honors." "Without honors" doesn't mean "crap grades" at all, least of all in Columbia, where one can only graduate with honors if they attended Columbia for more than two years. Beyond that, only 25% of a graduating class at Columbia is awarded honors and someone can meet the cutoff and STILL not receive honors. Are you suggesting 75% of Columbia's graduating class has "crap grades?"

Quote:
What was the specific reason I didn’t get honors, as I meet all of the criteria in the Bulletin? Many students meet all of the criteria identified in the College Bulletin, however because only 25% of all graduating seniors can receive College Honors it is always the case that not all students who meet the criteria will receive Honors. The faculty Committee on Honors, Awards, and Prizes takes great care to fully assess the transcripts and faculty recommendations of all eligible students but, with a specific limit on the number of students who can receive Honors, some students will not be as competitive as others
So Obama didn't receive honors because...he wasn't eligible for them since he only spent two years at Columbia and even if he had spent more than two years, there's no guarantee he would have received them.

Quote:
3. Of course Columbia cannot release Obama's transcript. Obama, however, can release it. Why does he choose not to do so?
a. crappy grades
b. permanent address probably listed as Indonesia or Kenya
c. status as a foriegn student
Why hasn't every other US president released their transcripts? Because they're under no obligation to do so. As for point "b" as you can see in the Columbia directory image in my earlier post, his permanent address is clearly listed as Hawaii, so your assumption "B" is right out. His grades were clearly good enough to be accepted into Columbia as a transfer and to get into Harvard Law, so assumption "A" is likely out, and as for assumption "C" there's no proof to speak of here and plenty proof to the contrary.

Quote:
4. How the hell did Obama afford TWO Ivy League schools?
The same way most people do. Student loans and/or any need/merit-based funding he'd have been eligible for.

Quote:
5. You did not address the communists in Obama's life-
a. mother and father
b. grandparents
c. mentor as a young adult
d. Bill Ayers
Given that Obama hardly knew his father and spent so little time with his mother, who cares? As for his grandparents - source? Considering Madelyn Dunham was the vice-president of a bank, I'm thinking she wasn't exactly singing the Internationale and fretfully hoping for the collectivization of farms to occur posthaste. Stanley Armour Dunham was a World War II veteran buried with honors in a military cemetery. I'm thinking that's a no-go either. His paternal grandparents are irrelevant to this entirely. As for his "mentor as a young adult," whom I assume you to mean Frank Marshall Davis, there's no evidence Davis was Obama's "mentor," let alone a Communist. There's some evidence he was a radical and may have joined the CPUSA during World War II, but not that he was a continuing or active member. As for Ayers, considering they only met in 1995 when they first served together on the board of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge and by all (sane rational) accounts show their relationship wasn't particularly one of significance, again, who cares?

Last edited by garnetpalmetto; 06-26-2014 at 04:02 PM..

Old 06-26-2014, 03:51 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Introverts come in different colors, types and persuasions.

People who meet me think I'm engaging and friendly, curious about a wide range of topics, very chatty. In point of fact, I'm an INFJ personality. About as introverted as they get. I like to travel alone. I like to watch movies alone. I like to go to museums alone. I like to shop alone. I can go for days without talking to another living soul. But like every single one of us, I have a social persona, and a private persona. And most people who know me casually think I'm very outgoing.
I would just call that being fake but you can
attach any fancy title you want INFJ: Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging
Glad I wasn't a psych major

Though I have heard, two heads (or in your case, two personalities) is better than one

Old 06-26-2014, 03:56 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
obama could hold a press conference and say to everybody "f- yall i'm from kenya" and it wouldnt even matter

so everybody needs to just let it rest time will tell

Old 06-26-2014, 09:56 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
so everybody needs to just let it rest time will tell
time has told, repeatedly. why won't you listen?

Old 06-26-2014, 10:00 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
just as things were hitting a lull in the birther universe we get this bit of comedy:

Pat Boone predicts: Birth certificate fraud will be proven by September | Obama Conspiracy TheoriesObama Conspiracy Theories

in an interview with alan colmes, boone claims to be in contact with "trained detectives and investigators" and that they have the proof of "... the major smoking gun, which is a high crime, not just a misdemeanor, but a high crime, ...". i think it's pretty safe to say that those "trained detectives and investigators" are sheriff joe arpaio's cold case posse ( which, as far as i can tell, consists solely of mike zullo who isn't a trained police detective or investigator ). my guess is that boone has been contributing money to the posse and they're stringing him along to keep the donations coming.

it will be interesting to see if boone says anything in september when, once again, the posse fails to deliver "universe-shattering evidence".

LOL I love how the article states that it was a rambling comment. And who is this guy anyway. Is he like Sylvia Brown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies