Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you still support Obama
YES 40 28.57%
NO 100 71.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 12:29 PM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj0065 View Post
Its funny because everyone thinks if you support Obama in anyway then you must worship him. I actually haven't been thrilled by his presidency. There are issues that I think he could do much better on and get republicans and democrats to come together on. However right now given the republican house of representatives I realize that this man has been fought against tooth and nail from the very beginning. From the 'waterloo' comment to the minority leader saying they wanted to make him a one term president. You can't govern over the country if you don't work together. I have not seen a jobs bill, a healthcare bill, an immigration bill, a tax reform bill, or anything out of the republican led house. They haven't explained it if they have one. Probably because they know its something that wouldn't pass.

What have the house actually done?

A bill on abortion. Try to destroy Obamacare. Anyone have anything else?

Say what you want but this president has resided over the most hostile times in politics. Therefore I know its not all Obama's fault as many on this forum try and paint it as. They say he is destroying the country but are not offering anything to help the country. Frankly Obama is the only one doing anything. The sad thing is once upon a time Republicans were at least willing to work with him. But now the Tea Party has taken over.

My question when are people going to have an honest discussion in these boards about policy and why they think its wrong and offer some solutions that your side have. The only thing we get is Obama Hate and that's it.

And polls. If they recognize the numbers for the president are bad then surely they must see that Republican's numbers are much worse. And congress as a whole is hated.

Anyways yes I still support the president because really he is the only one trying to do something.
well, I'll tell you what, if I were in the house, and any president wanted to give amnesty to illegals, I'd do the very same thing. We have laws on the books that are supposed to be upheld to, and not one person in Washington is abiding by those laws, including Obama....all our systems are broken....all of them....Washington hands out money and no one is held accountable as to how it is spent, and if you don't believe that, just take a look at what is happening to our Veterns...everything is in dire straights and people are so unwilling to face those facts...even our infostructure is waiting to erode and they've even had to shut down bridges, why? Because they are failing....and yet, everyone thinks and believes all is well here in America, and will be blindsided when it all shuts down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I don't understand the point people try and make about black people voting for Obama because he is black. People voted against him I'm sure for the same reason. It happens.

if you don't understand it, wait until Hillary runs, woman, will vote for her simply b/c she is a woman and for no other reason....
You don't understand it? It is as plain as the nose on your face.

Remember the black woman, screaming, "I'm voting for Obama b/c I got a free Obama phome" she wasn't even able to speak english correcting, but she is voting for him simply b/c she got a phone?

Sheeesh....

not everyone is qualified for a job due to their gender or skin color, but try and tell some Americans that?

http://www.obamamustgo.com/

and read this, is this the reason Obama wants to open the boarders....
Yanno, when 911 happened, I really thought, this country would close up the boarders....honestly I was shocked, when they didn't....and now, the terrorists have camps here, actual camps....before, during and after 911....but they still will not close off the boarders....not even Bush administration did so....why?

this statement you made, can work both ways, for both parties involved....

Old 07-07-2014, 12:43 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,408,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
if you don't understand it, wait until Hillary runs, woman, will vote for her simply b/c she is a woman and for no other reason....
You don't understand it? It is as plain as the nose on your face.

Remember the black woman, screaming, "I'm voting for Obama b/c I got a free Obama phome" she wasn't even able to speak english correcting, but she is voting for him simply b/c she got a phone?

Sheeesh....

not everyone is qualified for a job due to their gender or skin color, but try and tell some Americans that?

Barack Obama Bad for America

and read this, is this the reason Obama wants to open the boarders....
Yanno, when 911 happened, I really thought, this country would close up the boarders....honestly I was shocked, when they didn't....and now, the terrorists have camps here, actual camps....before, during and after 911....but they still will not close off the boarders....not even Bush administration did so....why?

this statement you made, can work both ways, for both parties involved....
1) Most people don't vote on stupid **** like getting a "free phone." That story is publicized for the wingnuts to get angry.

2) 9/11 was the biggest act of treason in the modern era. There is no terrorism on American soil. It was all created by the Bush Administration to ram the Patriot Act down our throats and attempt to move towards martial law.

3) We don't close off borders because big money likes the cheap labor. Big money controls the government.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:44 PM

506 posts, read 326,896 times
I still support him because I cannot imagine what would have happened to the U.S. if Romney was elected.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:45 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Its funny because everyone thinks if you support Obama in anyway then you must worship him. I actually haven't been thrilled by his presidency. There are issues that I think he could do much better on and get republicans and democrats to come together on. However right now given the republican house of representatives I realize that this man has been fought against tooth and nail from the very beginning. From the 'waterloo' comment to the minority leader saying they wanted to make him a one term president. You can't govern over the country if you don't work together. I have not seen a jobs bill, a healthcare bill, an immigration bill, a tax reform bill, or anything out of the republican led house. They haven't explained it if they have one. Probably because they know its something that wouldn't pass.

What have the house actually done?

A bill on abortion. Try to destroy Obamacare. Anyone have anything else?

Say what you want but this president has resided over the most hostile times in politics. Therefore I know its not all Obama's fault as many on this forum try and paint it as. They say he is destroying the country but are not offering anything to help the country. Frankly Obama is the only one doing anything. The sad thing is once upon a time Republicans were at least willing to work with him. But now the Tea Party has taken over.

My question when are people going to have an honest discussion in these boards about policy and why they think its wrong and offer some solutions that your side have. The only thing we get is Obama Hate and that's it.

And polls. If they recognize the numbers for the president are bad then surely they must see that Republican's numbers are much worse. And congress as a whole is hated.

Anyways yes I still support the president because really he is the only one trying to do something.
+1. This post says it all. I support President Obama because I recognize the efforts he has made to try to reach across the aisle, and the absolute refusal by the right to so much as acknowledge that effort, much less meet it halfway. He has presided over a uniquely hostile opposition party who cared nothing about the health and well-being of the country, they only cared about denying Obama anything he might attempt to do and actively working to make him fail. They even bragged that that was their goal. It doesn't get much more hostile than that.

History is not going to be kind to the Tea Party-controlled House. It will label them as the bigoted obstructionists they are. President Obama broke a barrier, and like all ground-breakers, that first one through always suffers a lot of abuse from people who don't want that barrier breached. This is going to be one of those times in history that Americans in future generations will not be proud of. But for his part, the president has handled it with dignity, and for that I commend him.

In the end, keeping "bomb, bomb, bomb, Iran" McCain and birdbrain Palin, and then Mr 1% and "I got mine" Ryan far, far away from the Oval Office was a service the country can never repay.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Yep. I support any president in office. Doesn't mean that i'd vote for him/her.

Would i vote for Obama for a 3rd term. Nope.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
1) Most people don't vote on stupid **** like getting a "free phone." That story is publicized for the wingnuts to get angry.

2) 9/11 was the biggest act of treason in the modern era. There is no terrorism on American soil. It was all created by the Bush Administration to ram the Patriot Act down our throats and attempt to move towards martial law.

3) We don't close off borders because big money likes the cheap labor. Big money controls the government.
Your so wrong, and if there were no terrorism on American soil, how did those terrorists get planes during 911, and even took lessons....
My girlfriends son served on Homeland Security, there are terrorists right here in America!

your number 3. comment is correct.....

Old 07-07-2014, 12:51 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
I voted for him in 2008 and 2012. I wasn't all that thrilled about him either time, but I chose what I felt was the lesser of two evils.

In 2008 I was worried about John McCain's advanced age and health problems and his selection of Sarah Palin as his running mate. If she had not been on the ticket, there is a good chance I would have voted Republican for the first time ever in a presidential election.

In 2012, there was no way I was going to vote for Mitt Romney. He is a member of a religion I consider a cult, and I can't vote for a Mormon. Sorry.

I'm utterly disgusted by Barack Obama's approach to illegal immigration. I'm WORSE off now than I was when he took office. If I had it to do over again, I'd have just stayed home in '08 and '12.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:03 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
This is critical. The question is irrelevant in a vacuum. It only has significance in comparison to an alternative.

It is inanely silly to post such drivel, given that efforts such as the jobs act was scuttled by the president's opponents. Ignoring political reality like that does nothing but make your comment look naïve. No matter how much you try to hide it by fixating on the current administration's failures, what the president's opponents advocate for is simply bald faced immoral egoistic avarice. No amount of nonsense you post can truly hide that reality.
It is BO who has "scuttled" our economy...period! The guy must have flunked economics 101. Maybe that's why he has spent a fortune to keep all his records hidden.

Then there seems to be the obvious conclusion that you don't seem to understand anything about how American economic and political influences have to work to keep us continuing the wonderful life Americans have always enjoyed. BO is taking us to 3rd-world country level and tipping us rapidly into Communism if we don't stop him and his very dangerous, ignorant and stupid agenda.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:07 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
This poll is pretty telling of how American's as a whole feel about Obama with > %40 supporting him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies