Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2014, 06:58 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,994,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
This is true. Rick Perry has the Texas National Guard at his disposal and can call it up any time he wants and secure the entire Texas border. Why doesn't someone ask him and Governor Jan Brewer why they haven't called up the guard?

Back in the 1930s the State of California used its National Guard and State Police to bar the entry of another group of unwanted poor, dirty desperate people from making a mess of Californias relatively prosperous small cities and towns. They set up internment camps to hold them before they could be deported back to where they came from. After a while the crowds of Okies became to much of a burden and Okies got in to the State. Lucky for California the Second World War came and all those Okies were there to take over all the farms and shops stolen from Japanese-Americans and Okies could work in all those Defense plants which sprung up like mushrooms after 1940. Happy days were here again!!!!

Old 07-12-2014, 07:03 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If you are willing to lose everything you have over tax evasion charges I'm not feeling to sorry for you.

Taxes in general do this.
Nonsense. Practically never prosecuted against a low income worker. Worst case they pay the FICA on half or a third of what they made.

Quote:
Canada doesn't seem any too willing to open their borders. I can't say that I blame them.
Canada has always been willing to let Americans and Canadians slide back and forth. Border tightening is a US thing.

Quote:
For what here? There is no mandate to pass laws you do not support. As I've shown the president is required to enforce them like them or not.

The sky is falling died with the stupid sequester claims.
There is a requirement to fund what you write into law. Immigration is funded well below that level. If they wish to have a righteous position they should either fund the law or change it.

Sequester has enough lies on both sides to leave no one unstained.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:38 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

Canada has always been willing to let Americans and Canadians slide back and forth. Border tightening is a US thing.
LOL.....yep we can just walk in get a job and apply for benefits in Canada. LOL

seriously, even faking it you can do better than this.

Quote:
There is a requirement to fund what you write into law. Immigration is funded well below that level. If they wish to have a righteous position they should either fund the law or change it.

Sequester has enough lies on both sides to leave no one unstained.
18 billion dollars. It doesn't cost much to deport people.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:48 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL.....yep we can just walk in get a job and apply for benefits in Canada. LOL

seriously, even faking it you can do better than this.
Actually in the 1960s it was about that simple going both ways. My employer used to move employees from NY to Ontario and back quite simply and my wife is a Canadian who came in the 60s based on a job offer from a Candy shop owner who sponsored 50 other Canadian women.

Quote:
18 billion dollars. It doesn't cost much to deport people.
Utter BS as the last 30 years have shown. Off by at least 5 and probably 10 times.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:54 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,091,016 times
Quote:
If I understand you post correctly, you are discrediting three of the smartest, richest men in the world and telling me that they don't know what they are talking about?

I beg to differ. I think they are intimately involved with the situation and Sheldon Adelson is a Conservative Republican kingmaker who spent at least 50 million of his own money on the 2012 presidential election trying to get a conservative republican elected president. More than any other individual in the nation.
These men are rich, smart and concerned about the future of the nation. I think their words carry weight.
As I stated, when the conservative republican handlers tell the base it's time for comprehensive immigration reform, as they are sure to do, you like all the rest of the base will roll over like a two legged dog and blame Obama for stalling the necessary reform.
No, I am not trying to discredit them. I am trying to discredit anyone who would use them as an example in the argument against having a closed border. Because they are rich, they can afford to say anything they want about how everyone else SHOULD live, because it will never change the way they can continue to live.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:09 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,091,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

Well there's your solution! We can do what Mexico has been doing. When the illegals enter our country on the southern border we just stick them in buses and shove them over into Canada. I'm sure Canada will be glad to have them.

Old 07-13-2014, 04:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Perry said he does not want a fence. He does not seem to want anything but pass blame.

You don't need a fence if they could not find a job here working, while touring the nation.

Go after those employing them!!! That's it. That's all that needs to be done and poof, they are gone, taking their anchor babies with them!

Seize all business and personal assets!
The corporate media will never let that happen. The attack would be issued immediately, to get emotional support. I can hear it now, "It is killing businesses and the kids are starving...."

Old 07-13-2014, 05:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Here's one Dem that has a solution...send DHS down to these central American countries and process the people for asylum and give them refugee status before they make the trip here and it will alleviate our border problem.

ROFLMAO....and this Dem is from Texas no less.

He was on CNN this morning saying this.

Dem Congressman Wants DHS in Central America to Process Immigrants for US Entry - YouTube

Old 07-14-2014, 02:34 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
If that's the attitude, why the hell does Congress even bother to come to Washington?
As long as Obama is President, and the House refuses to do their constitutional duty to impeach Obama, the House should completely defund the federal government for the rest of the fiscal year, and go home. With a criminal President and a criminally complicit Senate majority leader, what is the point of staying?

Old 07-14-2014, 05:02 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Every time the House passes a bill, Harry Reid puts his azz on it and the bill goes nowhere.

That being said, the Democrats want more Democrat voters and the GOP wants cheap labor for business. The Catholic Church is trying to increase declining parishioner numbers and Big Labor is trying to get more dues paying union members due to declining membership. None of them gives a rat's butt about the rest of us except at election time. Immigration laws are supposed to protect the American taxpayer but they have to be enforced. We are not supposed to let so many poor people into the country so that the American taxpayer is burdened.

The educated people who claim their hearts go out to illegal immigrants and "can't see them swarming over the border from their house" aren't competing with them for jobs and can afford to be noble. If thousands/millions of college professors or lawyers were pouring into this country illegally you better believe they'd be whistling a different tune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies