Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2014, 01:04 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Then tell Congress to fund the cost of finding, jailing, and rounding up every swinging dick and sending them back where they came from. See haw far you get.
Congress, who controls the purse strings could do it at any time.
On this issue, your problem is not with Obama, it is with the Republican controlled congress.
$18 billion dollars in 2012. It's not all that expensive to enforce the laws already on the books especially when they would also bring in millions more in fines.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Which bill authorized the money to build the fence to seal the border?
I'm not interested in deflection. No fence is necessary if the administration enforced our current laws.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:13 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Allow states to enforce the law. If the FED won't or can't, then allow states to do it for them. Does the fed force a town cop to release a drug smuggler because he violated federal law and it isn't his jurisdiction? How about a kidnapper? The peeing contest over whose job it is is crazy.
Any Governor of any state can call up the National Guard if they declare an emergency situation or feel it is in the best interests of the state. Perry could call up the National Guard if he so chose to do so and close the Texas Border completely.
But you know what? Up to 40% the total revenue of the American Cities located on or near the Texas border comes from the free flow of Mexican nationals back and forth across the border.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
$18 billion dollars in 2012. It's not all that expensive to enforce the laws already on the books especially when they would also bring in millions more in fines.
Do you have the actual expenditures or are you just guessing how much it costs to do the job properly. If so, please provide a link. I'd be very interested to see exactly how much the republican congress appropriated for the illegal immigration situation and where the money was actually spent.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Do you have the actual expenditures or are you just guessing how much it costs to do the job properly. If so, please provide a link. I'd be very interested to see exactly how much the republican congress appropriated for the illegal immigration situation and where the money was actually spent.
$18 billion dollars. Enforce the laws.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I kinda get where you're going but your bumper sticker posts on issues get's tiresome after a bit. No meat.......just sloganeering.
For example, "Enforce the Laws" make a great bumper sticker but Which laws are you referring to?
I'd bet a ton of money right now and give odds that you are not too happy that Obama is enforcing the law to the letter when it comes to those 60 thousand children who are considered refugees under a Bush law and entitled to an individual court hearing for each and every one of them. In the meantime, they are to be housed, fed and treated in a humane manner or released to relatives wherever possible until their hearing.
I'll bet you're not so happy about that law?

Last edited by mohawkx; 07-12-2014 at 01:45 PM..

Old 07-12-2014, 01:42 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
It takes $28-40 billion to fix the problem. If you do not consider it expensive, then so be it, but that's what it would cost.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
I'm not interested in deflection. No fence is necessary if the administration enforced our current laws.
Then quit deflecting and tell me where the 28-40 billion will come from.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
They spent the 18 billion enforcing the laws, but it takes 28-40 billion to fix the problem. It is not complicated. You keep saying they are not enforcing the laws, and then you say they spent 18 billing enforcing them. Which is it?

Old 07-12-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I kinda get where you're going but your bumper sticker posts on issues get's tiresome after a bit.
We need billions more to not enforce the laws on the books is far more tiring. Sometimes it really is as simple as "enforce the laws, it's your job".

Quote:
No meat.......just sloganeering.
For example, "Enforce the Laws" make a great bumper sticker but Which laws are you referring to?
I'd bet a ton of money right now and give odds that you are not too happy that Obama is enforcing the law to the letter when it comes to those 60 thousand children who are considered refugees under a Bush law and entitled to an individual court hearing for each and every one of them. In the meantime, they are to be housed, fed and treated in a humane manner or released to relatives wherever possible until their hearing.
I'll bet you're not so happy about that law?
We could have stopped them before they ever got here. There are many here that have had hearings, have been declared illegal and simply released. Enforce the laws. If we held businesses to the law, there is no reason for them to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies