Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2014, 04:18 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
The problem was worse through the Bush and early Obama administration. It got better only when the economy collapsed.
it did improve during the down turn. Why was that? There wasn't any jobs. Enforce the laws and cut off the jobs.

Quote:
18 billion is not even enough to contain the problem at the existing level. It simply slows the rate of growth a bit. Again see the last 30 years.
We have never taken the laws seriously.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Bottom line. Obama is a habitual liar that can't be trusted with bus money let alone real money.
If you don't want to give him the money, then quit crying about the problem.

You want services, but you wont pay for them, and then you cry when you don't get them. It's as lame as as it gets.

It's almost as if you thrive on complaining. You don't want to fix problems because then you'd have nothing to complain about.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:42 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,811,791 times
Quote:
it did improve during the down turn. Why was that? There wasn't any jobs. Enforce the laws and cut off the jobs.

We have never taken the laws seriously.
I don't believe there is an issue that illegal immigration is driven by jobs...pretty much self evident. But a downturn in the economy hits all jobs. The under the table get hit maybe even worse than the above board ones. That is not true for the law. The law makes off the books more attractive and hits only the above board ones. So you move the illegals to the below ground not out of the country.

If you believe that the laws are not taken seriously you are making a good case for legalization to get rid of the problem or reduce it to the point it can be managed.

So if you serriously believe more money will not help you would be for legaiization as the only rational approach left. You cannot really be suggestion that making laws which are ignored tougher is going to fix anything.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you don't want to give him the money, then quit crying about the problem.

You want services, but you wont pay for them, and then you cry when you don't get them. It's as lame as as it gets.

It's almost as if you thrive on complaining. You don't want to fix problems because then you'd have nothing to complain about.
He isn't going to get any more money so I'm not complaining. He created the problem, he can figure out how to deal with it.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I don't believe there is an issue that illegal immigration is driven by jobs...pretty much self evident. But a downturn in the economy hits all jobs. The under the table get hit maybe even worse than the above board ones. That is not true for the law. The law makes off the books more attractive and hits only the above board ones. So you move the illegals to the below ground not out of the country.
There is only a need for so many Gardner's.

Quote:
If you believe that the laws are not taken seriously you are making a good case for legalization to get rid of the problem or reduce it to the point it can be managed.
No country has open borders. There is a reason for that.

Quote:
So if you serriously believe more money will not help you would be for legaiization as the only rational approach left. You cannot really be suggestion that making laws which are ignored tougher is going to fix anything.
No, I believe we should get rid of those who refuse to do their constitutionally mandated job.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
He isn't going to get any more money so I'm not complaining. He created the problem, he can figure out how to deal with it.
Obama created illegal immigration? You can't make it up folks :

Old 07-12-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Obama created illegal immigration? You can't make it up folks :
The banks didn't create the real estate market but they sure screwed it up.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:56 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,811,791 times
Quote:
There is only a need for so many Gardner's.
And construction workers? And Janitors? And hotel maids? etc...etc. etc.

And pushing a system that rewards off the books employment has to be one of the dumber pieces of policy imaginable.

Quote:
No country has open borders. There is a reason for that.
All of Europe within the confines of the EEU. If you folk have your way that may be the outcome. After we have absorbed all of the available Mexicans we really no longer have a reason to defend that border strongly...just go to an EEU style structure and open both Canada and Mexico. Make the whole border thing much simpler.

Quote:
No, I believe we should get rid of those who refuse to do their constitutionally mandated job.
So do I. So you will sign up to get rid of the Republican Congressmen?

It would be nice to give Obama some relief. Trying to seal a border with 10% of the required funding has to be an unpleasant task.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:12 PM

62,996 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Obama encouraged more immigration by his policies that weren't even approved by congress aka executive orders. Telling Homeland Security not to deport any illegals unless they are convicted criminals, DACA, etc. just encouraged more to come here. In essence he watered down our immigration laws. Promising amnesty all along the way just encouraged more to come also.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
And construction workers? And Janitors? And hotel maids? etc...etc. etc.

And pushing a system that rewards off the books employment has to be one of the dumber pieces of policy imaginable.
If you are willing to lose everything you have over tax evasion charges I'm not feeling to sorry for you.

Taxes in general do this.

Quote:
All of Europe within the confines of the EEU. If you folk have your way that may be the outcome. After we have absorbed all of the available Mexicans we really no longer have a reason to defend that border strongly...just go to an EEU style structure and open both Canada and Mexico. Make the whole border thing much simpler.
Canada doesn't seem any too willing to open their borders. I can't say that I blame them.

Quote:
So do I. So you will sign up to get rid of the Republican Congressmen?
For what here? There is no mandate to pass laws you do not support. As I've shown the president is required to enforce them like them or not.

Quote:
It would be nice to give Obama some relief. Trying to seal a border with 10% of the required funding has to be an unpleasant task.
The sky is falling died with the stupid sequester claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies