Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 08:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
The nation of Israel is EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL.

The majority of Americans do not approve of our Government's blind support of everything Israel does.
I think the troll line has just been crossed... I do have to say that I'm surprised that there's still internet access from the bunkers in Gaza...

Old 07-22-2014, 08:29 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,252,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
The nation of Israel is EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL.

The majority of Americans do not approve of our Government's blind support of everything Israel does.
No such support. No such evil. The evil is from Nazis, Hamas, and other haters, and from people who support those haters, by posting propaganda in favor of them. Such people are worse than felons.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:36 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,252,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by local2rtp View Post
But you do realize though how people tend to conveniently ignore facts not supporting their arguments.

I wish they were evenly matched or otherwise had some form of mutually-assured-destruction to get them both to the negotiating table instead of killing innocents under whatever pretext/ justification.
That wouldn't help. Assurance of being destroyed does not motivate insane people the same way it motivates normal people. And MAD was always mad, even when it was between the USA and USSR.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:54 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
I admit to be being more of a hawk than a dove.

I also admit I don't fully understand the Israel/Hamas conflict, although it seems to be a religious war with larger consequences for the world than simply squabbling over a couple of small, albeit significant, pieces of land.

The legitimate Palestinians seem to have a legitimate claim to the area, or at least some of it, as do the Israelis. Clearly, the use of the Gaza strip by a small group of militants to launch a religious war against Israel is, to put it mildly, inappropriate.

Now, just some observations:

Israel seems to have done everything reasonable to move civilians out of the area before they attack a military target. These military targets seem to be bunkers and bases, but also schools, churches, hospitals and other civilian places where the militants feel they can hide, and from which they can make accusatory statements which make Israel 'look bad' because they bombed, ostensibly, a "civilian" target.

I am curious why they residents of Gaza don't simply turn over the militants in order to save their own butts? Is it because the people know that Hamas has no hesitancy to kill civilians in the desire to achieve their objectives?

The world seems to be enjoying making Israel out to be 'bad people' because of civilian deaths, yet they make no mention that the civilians are used as shields for hostile militants without any regret on the part of Hamas? Basically, the militants have no problem killing their own citizens, or at least using them as shields.

I appreciate the way Israel fights....specific, weighted, no ***** footing around. If you are in the line of fire, and if you don't honor the warning to leave, you will die. Period. Seems like the US could learn from this strategy and save us a LOT of time, money , and life in the places where we have military excursions.

This is at least the third squabble over this area. Without the militants trying to use it as an attack base against Israel, there probably would be no military action in the area. I would like to see Israel drive through to conclusion this time, rather than stop short of annihilating the militants who continue to barrage Israel with missiles and bombs.

Looks to me like a true example of "shock and awe". Whatever else, the Israelis are an extremely well trained and equipped (thank you America) fighting force.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:04 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
I am curious why they residents of Gaza don't simply turn over the militants in order to save their own butts?
They elected them. They are their chosen leaders.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:35 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,656,908 times
One side has a missle defense system to protect its civilians.
The other side use its civilians to protect its missle systems.
Guess who's who

Old 07-22-2014, 09:56 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I think the troll line has just been crossed... I do have to say that I'm surprised that there's still internet access from the bunkers in Gaza...
hahaha...I guess that is the best debate they have - repeating Isreal is EVIL sixteen times over. Yeah, ummmm, yeah that convinced me. Sure.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:07 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,585,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And exactly how would you suggest they go about protecting themselves? Give more land? That worked well so far. How about money? Nope, hasn't stopped it even though Hamas has been given billions.
I know, maybe all jews should just walk themselves into the ocean. That'd stop Hamas....
Its not for me to figure out. Maybe Israel needs to figure out a better way to engage its neighbors. Bombing Gaza into oblivion is not a realistic strategy for success no matter how its defined. All it will do is create more hatred towards them. And the people who are sympathetic to Israel will start reconsidering their support.

And they are not killing Hamas. They are killing Palestinian women and children.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:09 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Its not for me to figure out. Maybe Israel needs to figure out a better way to engage its neighbors. Bombing Gaza into oblivion is not a realistic strategy for success going forward. All it will do is create more hatred towards them. And the people who are sympathetic to Israel will start reconsidering their support.

And they are not killing Hamas. They are killing Palestinian women and children.
The Palestinian women are part of the group that voted Hamas into power in Gaza.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:44 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Its not for me to figure out. Maybe Israel needs to figure out a better way to engage its neighbors. Bombing Gaza into oblivion is not a realistic strategy for success no matter how its defined. All it will do is create more hatred towards them. And the people who are sympathetic to Israel will start reconsidering their support.

If they wanted to "bomb Gaza into oblivion" I assure you the IDF has the means readily available, without any harm to their own military. The fact that they are sending in there military tells us that their offensive is targeted at military aims and contradicts your statement - tunnels, manufacture centers, hamas military leadership. It can be argued that it's actually costing IDF lives in order to save Palestinian lives, since instead of "bombing Gaza into oblivion" they are fighting up close and targeting on the ground specific military objectives as best they can.

Hamas itself is admitting that there military forces are taking casualties. Israel grund troops are also taking casualties. Israel is also effectively shutting down these tunnels, blowing up a number of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies