Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 01:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Premiums went up because you can't exclude sick people, can't charge more for have preexisting conditions, can only have a 3X premium differential in the market, can't have more than a $6350 out of pocket expense, can't cap lifetime payouts, etc. Basically, there is no underwriting involved now. The ACA capped the max deductible. Pre ACA my HSA plan was about $80 for a $3.5K deductible. Post ACA that deductible is going to cost $270/month. Oddly, for $279 I can get a plan with a $0 deductible and a $35 copay.
Still waiting for you to post the company that offers 46 plans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 01:13 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
more off-topic nonsense.

The discussion had strayed into how liberals want all their decisions made for them. Like, having employers choose their insurance, having the government choose what their employers can choose, having the government choose the terms of thier job, having the government control their money for them, having their vehicle choices, toilet choices, education choices, loan choices, all these things chosen FOR THEM, apparently because they are petrified with fear at the thought of having to do anything themselves.
Now you are just being silly! Have you really downed two more beers since I last posted?

Here's the deal...I showed you mine; you show me yours.

Put your money where your mouth is!

Otherwise, you got nuthin'!

Old 07-18-2014, 01:14 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
My premiums went up, but not by much.

However, my deductible was cut in half!

There are now many routine things that are covered 100% that were not previously.

Horse ****!

Old 07-18-2014, 01:16 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
more off-topic nonsense.

The discussion had strayed into how liberals want all their decisions made for them. Like, having employers choose their insurance, having the government choose what their employers can choose, having the government choose the terms of thier job, having the government control their money for them, having their vehicle choices, toilet choices, education choices, loan choices, all these things chosen FOR THEM, apparently because they are petrified with fear at the thought of having to do anything themselves.
What in the world are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What healthcare insurance do you have where you have 46 plans to choose from ?

I've had UnitedHealthCare and Aetna..both big names and neither had anywhere near 46 different plans.
Chicago market has 46 plans.

BCBS 16 plans
Aetna 6 plans
Humana 19 plans
Coventry 5 plans

United is mainly offering employer plans, but some individual plans are still available.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:16 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Horse ****!
You're right, I made a mistake!!!!!

I stated that my deductible was cut in half.

My yearly deductible used to be $5,000; now it's $1,250!

More than half!

so sorry...

Last edited by Fox Terrier; 07-18-2014 at 01:43 PM..

Old 07-18-2014, 01:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
What in the world are you talking about?

Chicago market has 46 plans.

BCBS 16 plans
Aetna 6 plans
Humana 19 plans
Coventry 5 plans

United is mainly offering employer plans, but some individual plans are still available.
Good Lord..anyone can go out and get their own insurance if they wanted to.
So basically you have no employer insurance and have to go out and buy your own.

Way to deceive people.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Good Lord..anyone can go out and get their own insurance if they wanted to.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean they will have many choices.

Quote:
So basically you have no employer insurance and have to go out and buy your own.
I did obtain insurance through the private market. I let it lapse because I'm not paying $200+/month for something I will never use. The only reason I had it in the first place was for the HSA account. It isn't clear whether my company offers the HSA plans or not, but I figure I just spend the $50 and take what they offer.

Quote:
Way to deceive people.
How did I deceive anyone? You said you have 4 choices to which I replied that some markets aren't very enticing. In Alcolu, SC you have a total 9 plans, in Amherst, NH 11, in Chicago, IL there are 46 plans.

Quote:
LOL..Obamacare is Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum..4 magician choices
Quote:
Yeah, some markets aren't very enticing. I have 46 plans to choose from.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:47 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Of course, the big problem with Obamacare is that enrolles don't understand their plans. At all, apparently.

Yes, kids, there is a difference between premiums, deductibles, co-pays, and OOP expenses.

New challenge for Obamacare: Enrollees who don

Old 07-18-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Of course, the big problem with Obamacare is that enrolles don't understand their plans. At all, apparently.

Yes, kids, there is a difference between premiums, deductibles, co-pays, and OOP expenses.

New challenge for Obamacare: Enrollees who don
In Soviet Russia insurance doesn't understand you.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:53 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You're right, I made a mistake!!!!!

I stated that my deductible was cut in half.

My yearly deductible used to be $5,000; now it's $1,250!

More than half!

so sorry...
I believe you.

You're one of millions of winners under Ocare. Other people here are among the millions of losers. I believe them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies