Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 10:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Intervening guarantees being shot, and the NYCP is a huge fan of overkill. If you want 50 or 60 bullets heading your way, go for it.
The people have been feared into submission.
What you post is 100% correct.

The ultimate...when "troops" dressed in camo and armed to the teeth patrolled the streets of Boston and checked homes. And the citizens were "grateful" that the law was there to protect them.

Never thought I'd ever see something like that happening on US soil in my lifetime.

All my wonders about how these notorious dictators came to power and how police states really formed have been answered.

It doesn't happen overnight and then one day you *see it* but by then it's too late to do anything about it.

In a mere 10 years our entire country got changed. And we allowed it to happen. People welcomed it.
All in the name of being protected against the bad guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 11:14 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I think when someone weighs 400 lbs. cops tend to throw the guidebook out.

Princess Bride Dream Of Large Women - YouTube

That might have worked for Cary Elwes against Andre the Giant in The Princess Bride but similar tactics being used by NYPD ought to be inconceivable even if they think that they are killing someone like civilized gentlemen.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:31 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,134 times
Tazer him...but the libs scream about that too.

Why dont the cops just walk away and let the dirtbag go on his way...sounds good to me....but then again....i dont live there and dont have to deal with the creep.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post

Why dont the cops just walk away and let the dirtbag go on his way...sounds good to me....but then again....i dont live there and dont have to deal with the creep.
He's selling cigarettes that didn't pay NY tax.
He's hurting no one except the wallet of the NY government.

White collar type crime.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:34 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
it does not matter what technique is used by the police, it will be condemned by CDF posters. BTW 19% of americans are felons.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:42 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it does not matter what technique is used by the police, it will be condemned by CDF posters. BTW 19% of americans are felons.
Well once it is understood that police are employed by various government agencies to harvest revenue,it all becomes much clearer.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:01 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
His death was a tragic outcome of his resistance to be arrested. If the officer that used the choke hold is deemed to have caused his death then criminal and civil actions should be taken if choke holds are not proper policy when affecting an arrest where the suspect is resisting.

FYI this incident and death had NOTHING to do with selling untaxed cigarettes. Did anyone read the damn story?

Law enforcement is way over militarized in this country but that's exactly what a majority of voting Americans want at the ballot box.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:28 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post

you know nothing about the guy who died yet you call him a creep and dirtbag? I live un this neighborhood and know people who know this guy. From what they told me he was a.good man, keep your OPINIONS to yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

The ultimate...when "troops" dressed in camo and armed to the teeth patrolled the streets of Boston and checked homes. And the citizens were "grateful" that the law was there to protect them.

Never thought I'd ever see something like that happening on US soil in my lifetime.

All my wonders about how these notorious dictators came to power and how police states really formed have been answered.

It doesn't happen overnight and then one day you *see it* but by then it's too late to do anything about it.

In a mere 10 years our entire country got changed. And we allowed it to happen. People welcomed it.
with how people are today makes it seem like the terrorists completed their Job. Scared the people enough, and helped to allow the neo-cons to do what they do best restrict the rights of there own people in the name of safety. Oh and remember anyone who spoke out against it
Is unamerican

Old 07-19-2014, 01:07 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
My son in law is working for Caterpillar repairing heavy machinery so that you can enjoy new roads, housing and malls. The government put him in some really bad places which he does have a hard time dealing with still today but I'm guessing he is proving more to society today than you are.
So? I have veterans in my family too, does not invalidate what I say. Too many PTSD vets are applying for, and getting positions, as police officers; a position which should only be for civilians, not ex-military cutouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Theunbrainwashed volunteering for active duty so we don't have this stupid grunt problem?

Well go ahead, take their place sitting in a damp, stinking and bug infested fighting hole for days on end with nothing to do except wish you weren't so cold and wet with an *** crack full of sand.

Until then, **** and enjoy the wonderful life our fighting men have given you.
Vets have not given me anything that I have now since World War II. I never buy the line that we have to fight them over there so we can be free here. That's something for neo-Confederates who become sexually aroused looking the pistols and shotguns on the cover of Guns & Ammo to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
His death was a tragic outcome of his resistance to be arrested. If the officer that used the choke hold is deemed to have caused his death then criminal and civil actions should be taken if choke holds are not proper policy when affecting an arrest where the suspect is resisting.

FYI this incident and death had NOTHING to do with selling untaxed cigarettes. Did anyone read the damn story?

Law enforcement is way over militarized in this country but that's exactly what a majority of voting Americans want at the ballot box.
That's what happens when PTSD vets have little job prospects except LE. There are better adjusted vets who are getting jobs in the private sector, but I think we can both agree that TOO MANY PTSD vets are becoming police officers. Unacceptable, and that is a failure of the government.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:40 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

I realize I'm going to lose my coveted white racist card(sigh), but we applauded when it was only black+brown men being shot, choked, and tazed to death. All the while the police state grew bigger and more intrusive.

Now we see white families and homes (they shoot a lot of our dogs too it seems) targeted for BS by cops right out of 1984, and it's sinking in to us that this crap is wrong.....too late though.

The time to speak up on this crap was 50 years ago when it was just starting, but again, as long as it was black (and I guess hippy) skulls being cracked open by nightsticks, not enough citizens cared to stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies