Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 12:39 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Sure it is. I'd knock a woman out cold same as any guy if she got too nuts. I see more and more women acting crazy nowadays and then hiding behind their gender status to avoid repercussions. I had a buddy whose girlfriend smashed a clay pot over his head during an argument, resulting in him having to go to the hospital for stitches. If youre going to hit like a man, you deserve to get hit like one.

I would never put my hands on a woman arbitrarily, guys who beat their wives or girlfriends are scum but if you raise your arm to me or try to hit me, expect I will fight back.
Ok, if you are using an example like that I can understand your reasoning. No woman has the right to physically attack a man and think she can get away with it. My argument was directed more at guys who knock women around without her having laid a finger on him, like verbal abuse or throwing things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
No, I'm stating what women want, but can't truly handle

Like someone else mentioned, a man would knock out a short dude who attacks him, why would he not do the same against a woman? Women are oh so independent, strong willed and intelligent.
If a woman is physically attacking a man then yes, you are right. If she doesn't lay a hand on him then no.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:03 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,689,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Ok, if you are using an example like that I can understand your reasoning. No woman has the right to physically attack a man and think she can get away with it. My argument was directed more at guys who knock women around without her having laid a finger on him, like verbal abuse or throwing things.
I think we're in complete agreement on thatm. I'll go further and say that there is no good reason to turn a verbal argument into a physical conflict, that just screams a lack of self control.

I've had big fights with girlfriends before but the few times I felt my temper boiling over, I simply walked away. Nothing good can come out of arguing in such a state. I got a chance to collect my thoughts, she could do the same and when I returned, things were far more restrained and amicable.

Theres nothing wrong with having a temper as long as you know how to deal with it in a proper fashion.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
I think we're in complete agreement on thatm. I'll go further and say that there is no good reason to turn a verbal argument into a physical conflict, that just screams a lack of self control.

I've had big fights with girlfriends before but the few times I felt my temper boiling over, I simply walked away. Nothing good can come out of arguing in such a state. I got a chance to collect my thoughts, she could do the same and when I returned, things were far more restrained and amicable.

Theres nothing wrong with having a temper as long as you know how to deal with it in a proper fashion.
That is what I have tried to instill in my own sons.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:22 PM

877 posts, read 1,317,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
If a woman is physically attacking a man then yes, you are right. If she doesn't lay a hand on him then no.
I think we kind of agree...

I'm not saying he should hit her for craps and giggles or because words upset him. But if she puts her hands on him, well obviously he's going to defend himself or fight back

People still shouldn't hit one another, regardless of what's being said or what is taking place

Old 07-26-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I think we kind of agree...

I'm not saying he should hit her for craps and giggles or because words upset him. But if she puts her hands on him, well obviously he's going to defend himself or fight back

People still shouldn't hit one another, regardless of what's being said or what is taking place

Old 07-26-2014, 01:31 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,460,718 times
no it is not acceptable to ever hit a woman. But sometimes these "woman" are not woman.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:32 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,252,369 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3PgH86OyEM

Old 07-26-2014, 08:35 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Well, the wife of Ray Rice apologized for upsetting him enough to let it escalate to the point that it did

I guess women shouldn't provoke men into beating them. Women shouldn't push the mans buttons or put their hands on him, thinking they can get away with it simply because they are female.

If you know he has an anger problem, don't make him angry and then proceed to taunt him verbally or physically.

And if you're for equality, then expect to get your butt handed to you if you put your hands on him.

In today's politically correct society, it's deemed irrelevant. We dare not make any group or individual feel responsible for their wrong doings. We wouldn't want to make them feel bad, now would we?

Someone's anger problem is HIS problem. It's not the responsibility of other people to have to tiptoe around a hothead.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:43 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
Quote:
Mmmm, nope. I'm a girl and I don't believe in anyone putting their hands on anyone. But if you know someone has an anger problem, why taunt them? And why do some girls insist on hitting men, somehow forgetting about how much they desire equality?

A guy would knock another guy out for putting his hands on him, so why should he react differently with a woman? Women want equality, so they'll get it
Except guys must be cognizant of their strength differential. A 175 pound guy is capable of several times the force factor of the 175 pound woman. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies