Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:07 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Really so it crome lines your barrel, Really? Me thinks not. The machine that does the actual work has limits, just so ya know.
As I asked why the excitement? Why not just buy what you want, or is what you want illegal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosopis View Post
Don't be an idiot. People get excited about technology because it's the snazzy new thing, not because it'll let them do illegal stuff. Your implication is juvenile.

People also like the challenge of building what they could buy. Same as climbing a mountain rather than riding to the top in a ski lift? Why run a marathon when you can drive instead?

Barrels need not be chrome lined incidentally. Many 22lr barrels are not even especially hard steel.
yep, none of my guns have chrome lined barrels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 07:08 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,746,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
At least they have minds to lose.

And your comment makes it appear that you care less about the issues than just being obnoxious.
Anyone who thinks it funny to shoot innocent people is a nut, that person was and is a nut..

And I love this issue, making things cheaper and making bans worth less then nothing...

Old 07-28-2014, 07:11 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why? Why not just go down and buy the gun you want knowing it will be well made and have a warranty? Seems silly to be so excited about 3D printers when many of the processes would still be out of your capabilities such as the inside of the barrel. To me it is alot of excitement about nothing.
It is excitement about nothing, especially since these guns will probably be made almost impractical and/or illegal to possess anyway, like automatic weapons, missiles, grenades, and tanks. I actually hope these types of guns would be made illegal. Plus, even the GOP supports making plastic 3D printed guns illegal, which it should be anyway.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:10 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,076,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
God I can not wait until the affordable 3D metal printer arrives.
Are you a Cody Wilson style crypto-anarchist or something?

Old 07-28-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It is excitement about nothing, especially since these guns will probably be made almost impractical and/or illegal to possess anyway, like automatic weapons, missiles, grenades, and tanks. I actually hope these types of guns would be made illegal. Plus, even the GOP supports making plastic 3D printed guns illegal, which it should be anyway.
Yeah no one of know who has the printers..

And you can legally buy and own machines, missiles, grenades and tanks..

Not going to happen, and the New GOP supports the 2nd Amendment.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Are you a Cody Wilson style crypto-anarchist or something?
I just like methods of productions, privacy, and protection the freedom and right the protects all others..The 2nd Amendment..

Old 07-28-2014, 09:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
no lack of weapons. the problem is automatic homelessness joblessness and prison time if for any reason at all you use it.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:57 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
Sorry DumDumocrats..............this is just the beginning.

Everything surrounding home manufacturing of firearms....open source code, composites, CNC, sintered metal, 3d printers, off the self parts/kits........will just get cheaper, more sophisticated
and more reliable.

Time for the Stinkocrats to start yammering about banning all this stuff, YAY!!!!

Old 07-28-2014, 10:19 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Sorry DumDumocrats..............this is just the beginning.

Everything surrounding home manufacturing of firearms....open source code, composites, CNC, sintered metal, 3d printers, off the self parts/kits........will just get cheaper, more sophisticated
and more reliable.

Time for the Stinkocrats to start yammering about banning all this stuff, YAY!!!!
Thank you for your vastly intelligent addition to the conversation. I especially love the "Dumdumocrats". It wasn't even done grammatically correct. "Dumocrats" would have been better, but no taking the conversation to that low brow of a conversation was beyond you, you had to mess up even that simple of a word.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:24 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times
Quote:
People do sound that way when you don't bother reading what they write and don't bother seeing the world from anyone's perspective than your own.... now if I were you, I would say "typical liberal" or something... but I'm not you, and I do realize that many liberal people have many rationally held opinions, and a few of my acquaintance even go to some lengths to understand others' points of view.

The point was that you had no answer to my applying reason to your nonsense - implying that a group of one political leaning was more sane and rational than a group of another political leaning (liberal gun owners vs. conservative ones). Having no desire to engage in intelligent conversation, you reply with (paraphrasing) "oh yeah, well its conservatives' fault anyway for letting crazy people get guns". If I had any confidence in your being a rational person, I would explain the flaws in this response of yours. Since you are little more than a schoolyard taunter, I shall save myself the trouble.

No disrespect but I honestly could not understand what you were saying.

This is what you wrote:

Quote:
On the contrary, most mass shooters are too whacked to have any coherent political ideology. You fella's made sure to prove that point when it was going around that most of them were lefties. And prove it they did, but you can't have it both ways.
Ok, let me go through it once sentence at a time:

Quote:
On the contrary, most mass shooters are too whacked to have any coherent political ideology.
Ok, mass shooters are too mentally handicapped to think coherently. I think that's pretty obvious. There is nothing I can do with this statement, it's just stating the obvious.

Quote:
You fella's made sure to prove that point when it was going around that most of them were lefties.
This sentence, I have no clue what you're saying. "You fellas" I guess mean liberals. "Prove that point" -- prove what point? "When it was going around that most of them were lefties" -- what was going around?? Are you trying to say that most mass shooters are lefties?? If so, where is the basis for that statement?

Quote:
And prove it they did, but you can't have it both ways.
"And prove it they did" -- prove what??

"but you can't have it both ways." -- Eh? What can't I have both ways? I didn't even make any relevant point that would even warrant "having it one way", let alone both ways. This comes out of left field, even for your standard.

So bottom line, you'll need to clarify your statement if you want me to understand what point you are trying to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies