Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 01:11 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Yeah the left also speak of such actions...

Furthermore we are a Constitutional Republic, not a mobocarcy just because 50.00001% of people elect a party side party can not violate the Constitution...

Really? So what does that make those elected to high office and violate the Constitution?

Yeah with 3D printing that is not really going to happen and even if they do they will be unable to enforce it.
Really? Only time I ever see Lefties mention a civil war or fighting among Americans unless it is in response to what a rightie has already said.
I know we are a Republic, I have no idea what is a mobocracy is, if they violate the Constitution it can be brought before the SC and that will be that, not even sure what you trying to say there.
They will not be able to enforce any laws that remove the 2nd A from Americans, many law enforcement agencies will not enforce such laws and most Americans would ignore such laws, we are very good at that, look at the many drug and moratiy laws people routinely ignore, think gun laws would be any different? That said, ONE MORE TIME I repeat, I am not against the 3D printers, I just do not see the big deal. If arming yourself with high quality firearm(s) is the goal it is far quicker and cheaper to simply buy what you need and as it stands the government does not know you have those firearms after you do. I see the 3D printer only useful for some very rare and selective uses and I for one do not want or need one. But let me remind you that you could go out an buy a nice high quality AR, extra mags, a combat vest with mag pouches and built in detachable handgun holster, a sling, a good red dot sight, a high quality handgun with spare mags and still have money left over from what you would spend for a 3D Printer and you would have them the same day, so if money is an object I would opt out on the printer, buy one if you want when you can afford it and the techology improves more and the price goes down, a win win scenerio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 01:13 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You can't make 3D printed guns entirely out of plastic like some people have done. You have to have an arbitrary metal component on the gun so it can be picked up by a metal detector. If it doesn't, the gun is illegal and, I believe that possessing such guns is a felony.
Some believe they can do so in secret, thing is we know how people just love to talk, especially when it comes to something they made, people forget not everyone around you is really your friend or may not be one next year, then what.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:16 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,937,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Why bother with printing a gun? I can buy a new 12 ga. SxS shotgun for under $150 and turn it into a great house defense gun in 5 min with a hacksaw and a file. An older but not antique shotgun would be even cheaper.
3D printing of a gun is not a good application of this product, but it is being heavily hyped and promoted as a reason to clamp down on 3D printing. 3D printing, combined with open source, especially, is a complete economic/social game changer. Only decentralization in the energy sector would be a bigger change.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:18 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,746,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You can't make 3D printed guns entirely out of plastic like some people have done. You have to have an arbitrary metal component on the gun so it can be picked up by a metal detector. If it doesn't, the gun is illegal and, I believe that possessing such guns is a felony.
You can so easily make those parts on a mill/CNC machine and within 10 years cheap metal printers will be on the market..

You dont not the "arbitrary metal components" You have to have a metal firing pin, and the ammo is also metal...

And even if you had a shell casing and bullet made of out something other then metal some of the propellant has some trace of metal in it...So yeah the "Undetectable Firearms Act" bans things which can not and do not exist.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:19 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
3D printing of a gun is not a good application of this product, but it is being heavily hyped and promoted as a reason to clamp down on 3D printing. 3D printing, combined with open source, especially, is a complete economic/social game changer. Only decentralization in the energy sector would be a bigger change.
Exactly.

The basic rule of government: If it cannot be taxed then it must be banned.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:19 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And you have nothing to say about the quotes below? Typical leftist, the left can say and do what they want, but when a rightie does it...well it's wrong....don't beleive it, look at these quotes from an anti gunnner in this thread...yet nothing from you...why is that?

[/i]

What about hte abouve quotes? Why do you agree with them, or are you just being a true leftist, do as I say and not as I do...

Typical lefties....
It's too bad some people neglect to think at a deeper level.

-- "In fact, 3D printing guns is exactly the type of thing that appeals to intellectuals like liberals. As a matter of fact, 3D printing was invented.... by a liberal."

3D printing is invented by Hull, who is anti-gun and advocated against using his invention to print guns. Of course, this information just threw over your head when you read my statement.

Furthermore, many liberals by nature are intellectually curious and like to think outside the box; 3D printing, printing of guns included, would be something that might spark a liberal's interest where he/she might not have that interest in guns prior to the mass availability of 3D printing.

-- "A new way for RWNJ to shoot themselves. Yay!"

Roughly 15,000 to 19,000 people accidentally shoot themselves every year. This is a serious issue. Just because I was poking fun at it doesn't mean it's not contributing to the thread.

How do you prevent kids or someone who shouldn't have access to guns from using the 3D printer to print guns? What about people using a 3D printer to breach security - for example, carrying a 3D printer into a courthouse, etc. These are serious questions.

-- "Any type that can put holes in a RWNJ.
Just kidding, that'd be a waste of ammunition..
"

This is in response to a wing-nut asking what type of guns do lefties shoot. Talk about cherry picking!!

As you can see, the reason why you didn't get it is because you failed to think at a deeper level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, you have very clearly shown you have none!
Yeah, this guy is accusing people of dumbing down the thread. This.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Really? Only time I ever see Lefties mention a civil war or fighting among Americans unless it is in response to what a rightie has already said.
I know we are a Republic, I have no idea what is a mobocracy is, if they violate the Constitution it can be brought before the SC and that will be that, not even sure what you trying to say there.
They will not be able to enforce any laws that remove the 2nd A from Americans, many law enforcement agencies will not enforce such laws and most Americans would ignore such laws, we are very good at that, look at the many drug and moratiy laws people routinely ignore, think gun laws would be any different? That said, ONE MORE TIME I repeat, I am not against the 3D printers, I just do not see the big deal. If arming yourself with high quality firearm(s) is the goal it is far quicker and cheaper to simply buy what you need and as it stands the government does not know you have those firearms after you do. I see the 3D printer only useful for some very rare and selective uses and I for one do not want or need one. But let me remind you that you could go out an buy a nice high quality AR, extra mags, a combat vest with mag pouches and built in detachable handgun holster, a sling, a good red dot sight, a high quality handgun with spare mags and still have money left over from what you would spend for a 3D Printer and you would have them the same day, so if money is an object I would opt out on the printer, buy one if you want when you can afford it and the techology improves more and the price goes down, a win win scenerio.

Mobocracy-Mob rule.

For mean time yes..But give it at most 10 years..God know what we will have in the way of cost and quality..

That is the plan..

Plus I have seen mags and holsters made out of ABS, they are really great and lighter then hell.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:25 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,937,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Exactly.

The basic rule of government: If it cannot be taxed then it must be banned.
Taxing is a part of it, but taxing is just one revenue stream. It is more about corporate central management. That is the model for the entire commerce system. Open and decentralized is clearly not the model of choice atm of those benefiting most from the current system. So-called govt investment funds make more on investments in TNCs than they do on taxes.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:29 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
A good gun is expensive.................... 3D printed guns are evolving... some time in the future, it may be just as good as a manufactured gun and cost less than 10% of the price... excited yet?
Someone will make universal, high quality steel parts that can be inserted into a 3D gun to make it more rugged.

This does have the ability to put lethal weapons into the hands of criminals, who may not have access to actual handguns.

But the left-wing loons are not concerned about criminals, because politics runs their puny brains. Their knee-jerk reaction is to only worry about "RWNJ" as in law abiding people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
A new way for RWNJ to shoot themselves.

Yay!

Old 07-29-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It's too bad some people neglect to think at a deeper level.
I know, its a shame some people are driven by envy and emotion..

I mean its not like we are using our rights, liberties, and our minds to make bans a thing of past and creating new products and methods of distribution of goods and information.

Quote:
-- "In fact, 3D printing guns is exactly the type of thing that appeals to intellectuals like liberals. As a matter of fact, 3D printing was invented.... by a liberal."

3D printing is invented by Hull, who is anti-gun and advocated against using his invention to print guns. Of course, this information just threw over your head when you read my statement.
I find that fitting and the irony makes me love this tech even more if such a thing is possible..

Yeah he can advocate as much as he wants, its not really possible to put the genie back in the bottle..You do understand this fact?

Quote:
Furthermore, many liberals by nature are intellectually curious and like to think outside the box; 3D printing, printing of guns included, would be something that might spark a liberal's interest where he/she might not have that interest in guns prior to the mass availability of 3D printing.

-- "A new way for RWNJ to shoot themselves. Yay!"
Very "intellectual" of you.

Quote:
Roughly 15,000 to 19,000 people accidentally shoot themselves every year. This is a serious issue. Just because I was poking fun at it doesn't mean it's not contributing to the thread.
complete lies..

Quote:
How do you prevent kids or someone who shouldn't have access to guns from using the 3D printer to print guns? What about people using a 3D printer to breach security - for example, carrying a 3D printer into a courthouse, etc. These are serious questions.
You dont...And that is not a issue now and when or even if it is.Our rights and lives are not going to be put on hold, delayed or denied.

Quote:
-- "Any type that can put holes in a RWNJ.
Just kidding, that'd be a waste of ammunition..
"

This is in response to a wing-nut asking what type of guns do lefties shoot. Talk about cherry picking!!
Well if you want to know what guns they shoot just look at what ever mass shooter has used, most are leftist.

Quote:
As you can see, the reason why you didn't get it is because you failed to think at a deeper level.
Yeah because leftist are such deep thinker...Using opinion in place of facts, and emotion in place of reason...

Quote:
Yeah, this guy is accusing people of dumbing down the thread. This.

Yeah you leftist are ruin this thread..but hey seeing your track record I guess ruining great things is in you nature...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies