Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we stop sending people/aid to Ebola infected nations?
Yes 92 42.59%
No 95 43.98%
Other 17 7.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 01:41 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
A mosquito lands on an Ebola carrier (person) and sucks the blood from that person. Then the mosquito flys off and then lands on a non Ebola person and sucks the blood from that person. The mosquito is carrying the disease and infects the other person with its needle (the maxillae end in toothed blades) and thus infects the non-Ebola person. Much like Malaria.

That is how I imagine an Ebola outbreak.

Chikungunya, malaria, dengue fever all carried by skeeters..

Old 10-09-2014, 01:42 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,850,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
Well tell us doctor, how does it get transmitted? How do you know it doesnt get transmitted that way?

I guess you believe the CDC and Santa Clause exists?
Comes from bats I think ..

Old 10-09-2014, 01:43 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The differences are WHY we need to expend resources THERE. We have to deal with the situation THERE because we don't want to deal with a different situation HERE.

The Liberians clearly DO listen. They have taken steps. Just because SOME of the people in Liberia, out of MILLIONS of people that live there, have acted irrationally, YOU take the position that ALL of the people in Liberia are fearful idiots. That's irrational on your part.
I think when we see video of the "hospitals" there, it's easy to form an opinion that the country is a hellhole. You're right that only a very small percent of the population has been infected. But the number of infections is rising exponentially.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:44 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Comes from bats I think ..

nature is going to whoop our azzez soon..

11,350 posts, read 16,714,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Yeah, in my town which is majority black, many of them have jumped on this bandwagon. They seem to have forgotten how those white doctors were saving the lives of all those black patients.
Jessie and Al love to stir the pot.

654 posts, read 1,251,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
It's a blood-borne pathogen (transmitted via contact with body fluids). It's not a vector-borne pathogen (transmitted via mosquitoes). We known this for decades.

Tell me doctor, when do you imagine the coming of a much more massive HIV/AIDS epidemic due to mosquitoes transmitting HIV from person to person? When is the mosquito driven Hepatitis epidemic coming?
Do you see Malaria outbreaks in the states? No you don't and there is no vaccine for that, but mosquitoes can carry malaria, yet no real outbreaks in the USA...hmmmm

Think tank time, gonna eat a bologna sandwich.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:45 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
2 patients in the US received zMapp and lived.
2 patients in Spain received zMapp and died.

zMapp is still considered experimental.
And I'm sure the researchers are looking into why some live and why some don't even after taking the drug.
A Briton (Will Pooley) was also given ZMapp and survived.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:45 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Mosquitoes get that chit all over their feet.
It takes time and titer of ebola people before mosquitoes can get involved in transmission.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:46 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The differences are WHY we need to expend resources THERE. We have to deal with the situation THERE because we don't want to deal with a different situation HERE.

The Liberians clearly DO listen. They have taken steps. Just because SOME of the people in Liberia, out of MILLIONS of people that live there, have acted irrationally, YOU take the position that ALL of the people in Liberia are fearful idiots. That's irrational on your part.
The Liberians in DALLAS didn't listen. One of Duncan's family members that was supposed to stay at home sent her child to school, for crying out loud!!

Old 10-09-2014, 01:46 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,957,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
It's a blood-borne pathogen (transmitted via contact with body fluids). It's not a vector-borne pathogen (transmitted via mosquitoes). We've known this for decades.

Tell me doctor, when do you imagine the coming of a much more massive HIV/AIDS epidemic due to mosquitoes transmitting HIV from person to person? When is the mosquito driven Hepatitis epidemic coming?
The vector is human beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies