Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 06:32 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillager View Post
"Decent God fearing people" have always pushed back, let's stop pretending that this is something new. People are tired of seeing their friends and family discriminated against just because they are gay. It's just another reason why church membership is declining and are being forced to close.
I think gays are in the position that Custer was in at the Little Big Horn. Custer was supremely cocky and couldn't comprehend the level of resistance he was facing. People are fed up with gay everything.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:42 AM

939 posts, read 3,385,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
If you own a Jewish restaurant, should you be forced by law to serve customers wearing neo-Nazi clothing?

If you own a black restaurant, should you be forced by law to serve openly KKK members?

I don't think people should be forced to serve anyone. But I also don't think people should be cowards and not stand up for what they know is right.

You answer to your customers. If you don't have their support they'll refuse to patronize your business.

Quote:
Freedoms are being chipped away....one day these laws and rules will be used against those who openly support these very laws today. It won't be appreciated by them.
Yup, very true. Be careful what you wish for.

Prompted by U.S. Supreme Court Ruling, Florida Satanist Wants to Open Meeting With Prayer | New Times Broward-Palm Beach

Quote:
On Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that government meetings are allowed to open with prayer -- even though currently in this country, the vast majority of such prayers are geared toward Christianity. The case was prompted in Greece, New York, where ministers are often invited to say opening words at public meetings. Of 120 meetings, only four opening prayers were non-Christian.

It only took four days since the court's ruling for a self-described Satanist to ask to open a meeting with a plea to his god.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I think gays are in the position that Custer was in at the Little Big Horn. Custer was supremely cocky and couldn't comprehend the level of resistance he was facing. People are fed up with gay everything.
Pot meet kettle.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:48 AM

969 posts, read 2,852,266 times
Quote:
People are fed up with gay everything.
Then don't be gay.

The discriminated against shouldn't have to go ANYWHERE ELSE to shop - to swim - to eat - to play golf - to rent an apartment - to buy a house - to go to school.

It is those who discriminate who have to change. Not change their religion - not change their approval level - just change their actions and attitude towards the "public".

All of the PUBLIC.

Should you wish to NOT deal with the gay people - the black people - the Jewish people - the Mexican people - (add a group here) you have every right to stay at home and mingle not.

When you open a business that is open to the public - you do not get to define who you will or won't do business with.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:54 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
Then don't be gay.

The discriminated against shouldn't have to go ANYWHERE ELSE to shop - to swim - to eat - to play golf - to rent an apartment - to buy a house - to go to school.

It is those who discriminate who have to change. Not change their religion - not change their approval level - just change their actions and attitude towards the "public".

All of the PUBLIC.

Should you wish to NOT deal with the gay people - the black people - the Jewish people - the Mexican people - (add a group here) you have every right to stay at home and mingle not.

When you open a business that is open to the public - you do not get to define who you will or won't do business with.
Being opposed to immorality is not discrimination, it is the right thing to do.

Leave blacks, Jews and Mexicans out of this. It is not immoral to be any of those things.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:58 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
If you own a Jewish restaurant, should you be forced by law to serve customers wearing neo-Nazi clothing?

If you own a black restaurant, should you be forced by law to serve openly KKK members?

Good questions.

Let me ask you this, are there any gays and lesbians who also follow the Jewish principle of faith?

Are there any black who are also gays and lesbians?

If you can prove gays and lesbians do the same or similar damages to the human kinds as the KKK members and Neo-Nazis do, then I would say your logic is somewhat valid.

I am all for religious freedom, but religious people don't get to discriminate against others.

Most Homosexuals are after ONE thing: Equality. That's it. They are not coming after your heterosexual marriage, your children, or your churches. Most homosexuals want is equal rights. To be treated equally, inside and outside the courtroom, to have equal tax breaks, and NOT to be treated like second class citizens, when they pay taxes like everyone else. When they buy things with green backs in America just like everybody else.

Sell them the wedding dresses = equal right
Treat them better simply because they are gay = gay agenda.

I don't think "pushing gay agenda" is this case.

The word "agenda" comes from the Latin infinitive "agere," meaning "to act." by the way.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Will you support forcing our church to close?
Of course not. I'm just bringing up the fact that Christianity is in the midst of a public relations crisis. Their rhetoric is no longer appealing to the majority of American's.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:04 AM

3,299 posts, read 3,025,823 times
Quote:
Well, I'm people and I'm not gay and I'm way more fed up with intolerant people like you than with gay people.

Talk about cocky--I have rarely in my life heard such rot as comparing gay individuals to Custer. This moment in time is certainly not their last stand, by any means. And when did just wanting to live your life like everyone else become cocky? By law they are allowed to live their lives just like everybody else in this country. And by just plain decency, they should be allowed to do so without having bigots like you passing judgment on what they are and are not allowed to do.

(By the way, my personal belief is that if people like you did not spout off such intolerant venom all the time, you would probably find that people very close to you actually are gay, they are just afraid to let you know because they don't want you to ignorantly hate them just for who they are. And isn't that sad?)

Old 08-12-2014, 07:05 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Here we go again. A Pennsylvania Bridal gown shop has refused to sell to & fit 2 lesbians for their wedding. The shop is already receiving the wrath of the Internets and they've taken down their website and Facebook posts. Interestingly their Facebook page still shows a "Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does" image.

W.W. Bridal Boutique owner Victoria Miller told the newspaper that “providing those two girls dresses for a sanctified marriage would break God’s law.”

Bloomsburg Town Council plans to discuss the incident at a meeting on Monday. Council members said they will consider whether to propose legislation to ban businesses from refusing to serve gays and lesbians.

Refusal to sell wedding gowns to lesbian couple stirs debate in Bloomsburg - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Bridal Store Denies Same Sex Couple Gowns - PAHomepage.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/W-W-B...51619521520584
While I have to say it should be their right not serve anyone they please, they are not exactly denying food or water in an emergency, but how they equate selling a dress to a lesbian as supporting something they consider a sin is really pushing it. They will probably feel some effect from their actions and that is the right of those that consider their actions to be wrong.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:09 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Good questions.

Let me ask you this, are there any gays and lesbians who also follow the Jewish principle of faith?

Are there any black who are also gays and lesbians?

If you can prove gays and lesbians do the same or similar damages to the human kinds as the KKK members and Neo-Nazis do, then I would say your logic is somewhat valid.

I am all for religious freedom, but religious people don't get to discriminate against others.

Most Homosexuals are after ONE thing: Equality. That's it. They are not coming after your heterosexual marriage, your children, or your churches. Most homosexuals want is equal rights. To be treated equally, inside and outside the courtroom, to have equal tax breaks, and NOT to be treated like second class citizens, when they pay taxes like everyone else. When they buy things with green backs in America just like everybody else.

Sell them the wedding dresses = equal right
Treat them better simply because they are gay = gay agenda.

I don't think "pushing gay agenda" is this case.

The word "agenda" comes from the Latin infinitive "agere," meaning "to act." by the way.
While I agree with your premise I would remind you that under the law they are not discriminating. So until the laws say that one must serve gays or as another posted suggested openly practicing KKK members then it is still their right to not serve whom they wish, and that could include people with blues eyes. Personally I think they are wrong in their thinking but unless the laws are changed I have to say they are within their rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies