Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 08:31 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillager View Post
I'd still like to know what you think is so immoral about being gay.
Exactly!

Exactly!

I lost somebody I loved very much years ago to suicide, he has been denied Christian Burial Service. They claimed that suicide is immoral.

My brother lost somebody in the service and I have also been told Heaven does not need dead Marines.

Compassion for others is the fundamental cornerstone of Christian ethics.

I think the answer is that no Christian is called upon to make that choice. The text of the Bible on one hand, and full equality for gay and lesbian people on the other, is a false dichotomy. God would not ask or expect Christians to ever choose between their compassion and their faith.

Reconciling the Bible with unqualified acceptance and equality for LGBT people does not necessitate discounting, recasting, or deconstructing the Bible. All it takes is reading those passages of the Bible wherein homosexuality is mentioned with the same care that we would any other passage of the book.

I don't trust people, especially those who condemn others in the name of God. I trust God because God is loving.

I am all for equal right and I will say Merry Christmas I don't care who get offended.

But these people from westboro church in the video are dangerous, stupid and yes immoral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yES1izpdf0

Old 08-12-2014, 08:38 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,183,403 times
Omg I'm really tired of everyone saying this is all tied into religion.
There's some people who aren't religious who just can't sit back
& allow others to be bullied, targeted & harassed into compliance with the agenda.
It's going to backfire, mark my words.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:41 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Omg I'm really tired of everyone saying this is all tied into religion.
There's some people who aren't religious who just can't sit back
& allow others to be bullied, targeted & harassed into compliance with the agenda.
It's going to backfire, mark my words.
It already has. Everyone I talk with is sick of having gay this and that everywhere you turn. It's even on Armed Forces Television now. There is no sympathy anymore. They have worn it out. There are very important issues facing our nation and gays aren't it.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:46 AM

969 posts, read 2,853,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yes, they should. If the person who owns the property does not want you on the property for any reason whatsoever, then you should be required to leave the property.
Do you not hear that these are the same arguments that were used to deny "Negro" students access to "white" schools - to the "white section" on city busses - to "white" water fountains in front of the local grocery store - to "white" lunch counters - to "white" department store dressing rooms?

This is not an argument about who is allowed on "private" property - this is about a privately owned PUBLIC BUSINESS - who sells to the GENERAL PUBLIC. Not a Members Only COSTCO/Sams Club - or a Private Country Club - or a Private School - or anything like it.

So long as the customer is not behaving badly (such as refusing a drunk service at a public bar because they are already intoxicated) PUBLIC BUSINESSES that are open to the PUBLIC do not get to choose who they will allow on their property and who will be allowed to do business there.

Anything else is discrimination.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:47 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Not all wedding dress are white.

The last wedding we attended the bride wore a beautiful pink wedding grown.
Was she a virgin?

You do understand I was using white to make a point, right? Do they send away people that break all the other rules of proper religious matrimony? Or do they just turn a blind eye to those transgressions? If so, is their righteous indignation not hollow, and their principles fluid?

In other words, instead of hiding behind exercising your right to refuse service on religious grounds, I'd have more respect if they just flat out said "lesbians give us the heebee jeebees and we don't want them to get married, especially not in a dress from our store". At least that's honest, if cringe worthy. And if you do that, then you leave yourselves open to a deserved reputation for picking and choosing your customers, and the free market will judge.

My wedding dress was black.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:52 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Amen. The homosexual militant bullies have sealed their fate with their unending bullying destroying good, decent hard working people's livelihood and eliminating their means of putting food on the table to feed their families. All because they didn't get a blessed cake. They didn't get a blessed dress. God God Almighty this atrocity will stop and they shall be forever vanquished.
Is it OK for people to go on yelp.com and give companies poor reviews if they were unhappy with a business, or is it just homesexuals who should be silenced? People will always have the right to complain. Why would you expect someone who was turned away from a business to take it lightly?

Where in god's law does it say "Thou shalt not sell dresses to lesbians?" The shop owner sealed her own fate, her actions invited an onslaught of negative attention to her business. The shop keeper is not going to stop the lesbians from getting married.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It already has. Everyone I talk with is sick of having gay this and that everywhere you turn. It's even on Armed Forces Television now. There is no sympathy anymore. They have worn it out. There are very important issues facing our nation and gays aren't it.
Ya know it's the same here- I've been talking to so many people who are done with
supporting the whiney drama queens that have exploited their gayness to try to
gain attention & ambush others into forced compliance.
It is blowback.
So it's coming full circle.

Last edited by believe007; 08-12-2014 at 09:12 AM..

Old 08-12-2014, 08:59 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Ya know it's the same here- I've been talking to so many people who are done with
supporting the whiney drama queens that have taken exploited their gayness to try to
It is blowback.
Compliance to do what? Is someone trying to force you into a same sex union?

Being able to buy a wedding dress or cake just like anyone else is not forcing anybody to do anything but the business they are already engaged in. Selling someone a good or service does not imply endorsement by the establishment.

Should a business survey every potential customer to make sure they are in compliance with the views of the proprietor?

Old 08-12-2014, 09:00 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
Quote:
supporting the whiney drama queens that have taken exploited their gayness to try to
It is blowback.
The full circle will be completed, when all states allow same-sex marriage. Just you watch.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:01 AM

Lmao and the business owners will continue to stand for what they believe in.
Full circle.
You watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies