Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 12:22 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Not if you are black and live outside the "nice areas".

The murder rate for the Austin neighborhood is 30-40x higher than the Lincoln Park neighborhood.

Gotta love the legacy of segregation and racism that is Chicago's.

While the right just likes to bring up Chicago because of their past gun laws and\or Obama's ties there....they are indeed correct (like a broken clock) that this should be addressed as the deaths are geographically and racially polarizing.

However, Chicago gets a pass because it's a big democratic bastion and raising a fuss is not allowed. Al Sharpton f0found that out the hard way 5-6 years ago when he started raising a stink. Mayor Daley met with him and probably said something like "Hey you ever want to speak at the DNC again you better stop making waves and take the next plane out of town or we'll wreck you." After the meeting, Sharpton apologized for his comments, shut up and left town.

Chicago gets a big fat pass for being far worse to blacks than Ferguson.....because of political immunity.
Chicago gets a pass? How so? How does a city get a "pass" in terms of violent crime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
This is the same AG who dropped the slam dunk case against the Black Panthers for threatening voters with weapons at the polls to vote for Obama. Guess he's found the cop guilty before reviewing the evidence. Might even make up evidence if it doesn't get him a conviction.
Could you please post a link to that story please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
They are pitiful, aren't they? As if they care about black on black crime. Probably smile with glee when they read or hear about the black crime rate.
Bingo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 12:22 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,923 times
A question to all those Cons who have fake concern about Black on Black crime, and misplaced outrage over this shooting getting national attention...

Do you think that if a Black cop shot an unarmed White civilian, and Whites started to protest and make a huge deal out of it, it too would become national news? The simple answer to the simple question to why this story is nation when others are not is because many Blacks feel that they are unfairly profiled by police, so they collectively make stories like this an issue thus making it national news. When stuff like this happens to Whites, Whites do not make a huge issue out of it or go marching in the streets, so the media does not cover it to the same degree..

Take off your "there's a double standard and a conspiracy poor victimized White cops/people" tin foil hats and use common sense for once...

Old 08-19-2014, 12:32 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGL View Post
It also has twice the population. Derp.

How about per capita?
Texas: 4.4
Illinois: 5.8

US crime: murders and manslaughters by state - Telegraph
Something else to consider as well. Missouri has a murder rate of 6.5. Higher than TX or IL. Missouri also has 2 of the top 10 most murderous cities in its borders: St. Louis and Kansas City(at least for cities of 250,000 or more people).

Old 08-19-2014, 12:37 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Wow, I call out a useless thread and this is your response...?

Yep....

Why is it useless? Because you say?

Old 08-19-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
A question to all those Cons who have fake concern about Black on Black crime, and misplaced outrage over this shooting getting national attention...

Do you think that if a Black cop shot an unarmed White civilian, and Whites started to protest and make a huge deal out of it, it too would become national news? The simple answer to the simple question to why this story is nation when others are not is because many Blacks feel that they are unfairly profiled by police, so they collectively make stories like this an issue thus making it national news. When stuff like this happens to Whites, Whites do not make a huge issue out of it or go marching in the streets, so the media does not cover it to the same degree..

Take off your "there's a double standard and a conspiracy poor victimized White cops/people" tin foil hats and use common sense for once...
No, the question is, why do black people not complain when black on black crime happens....yet white on black....

Why is it that hard for people to understand?

Now, did the shooting bring it to the attention of everyone or the riots?

If blacks feel they are profiled...they are showing a hell of a way to protest it....

I'm profiled, I need a new TV....YEA lets go...

On the way there, goona shoot some of my profiled friends...

Common sense...is not being used...

Old 08-19-2014, 12:42 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Something else to consider as well. Missouri has a murder rate of 6.5. Higher than TX or IL. Missouri also has 2 of the top 10 most murderous cities in its borders: St. Louis and Kansas City(at least for cities of 250,000 or more people).

Not that I want to deminish the focus on Chi-town as a violent cess pool... but you are right
MO is one of only 2 states with 2 cities in the top 10 and St. Louis has a murder rate almost twice that of Chicago...35.5 vs 18.5 per 100k

Old 08-19-2014, 12:47 PM

4 posts, read 3,219 times
Texas has many more murders than Illinois. Let's obsess about that for a while. http://softwarenice.com/u8m.jpghttp://softwarenice.com/hh.jpg

Old 08-19-2014, 12:48 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,923 times
As to why Blacks get more upset when a White person kills a Black people vs a person of their own race... It's the same reason why I can watch my brothers argue and fight and not jump in, but if someone who was not blood tried to fight one of my brothers, I'd jump in a heart beat. The same reason why some couples can curse each other out during an argument, but if another man were to talk to their wife/girlfriend like they just did, they'd be ready to fight. The same reason why many women who are friends can playfully call each others b-itches, but if a man did it playing or not, the women would take offence. The same reason why Blacks can call each other the N-word, but whites can't. The same reason why cops who speed while off duty may get a pass from another cop, but we'd get a ticket. The same reason why some Muslims can kill each other, but get pissed off and want to kill Americans when we kill their civilians. If you were a homeless man on the street and someone called you a bum, would you be more or less offended if the person who said it was rich or if they were homeless just like you?

The simple answer to the question is that for what ever reason, most have a higher degree of acceptance for their own - whether it be sex, race, job, religion, etc.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfyjdtyik View Post
Texas has many more murders than Illinois. Let's obsess about that for a while.
Now, show the per capita stats.....ponder that:

Murder Rates Nationally and By State | Death Penalty Information Center

Old 08-19-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
As to why Blacks get more upset when a White person kills a Black people vs a person of their own race... It's the same reason why I can watch my brothers argue and fight and not jump in, but if someone who was not blood tried to fight one of my brothers, I'd jump in a heart beat. The same reason why some couples can curse each other out during an argument, but if another man were to talk to their wife/girlfriend like they just did, they'd be ready to fight. The same reason why many women who are friends can playfully call each others b-itches, but if a man did it playing or not, the women would take offence. The same reason why Blacks can call each other the N-word, but whites can't. The same reason why cops who speed while off duty may get a pass from another cop, but we'd get a ticket. The same reason why some Muslims can kill each other, but get pissed off and want to kill Americans when we kill their civilians. If you were a homeless man on the street and someone called you a bum, would you be more or less offended if the person who said it was rich or if they were homeless just like you?

The simple answer to the question is that for what ever reason, most have a higher degree of acceptance for their own - whether it be sex, race, job, religion, etc.
I can agree with some, nothing what you have explained, explains looting and shooting of others (your own people protesting with you), throwing gas bombs..... while protesting....sorry....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies