Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 03:43 PM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Wow. Your ignorance is truly astounding. Can you even tell your rear end from a hole in the ground?
I doubt it. So here's a little lesson to help you out.

A slide fire AR15 fires at a rate of 900 RPM.
Which is similar to an M16 at 850 to 1000 RPM in full auto mode.
(btw do you know what RPM stands for? If not then Google is your friend).

Watch the video below and maybe you can learn something about how a slide fire works. Don't worry it's not rocket science. It's made by a very well-known popular Youtuber named FPS Russia. He explains it so well even you could understand it (I hope). Or don't watch and remain forever mired in your tragic ignorance.

900 RPM AR15 by FPS Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6BFarrICWs
Let me ask you a question.

When you pull the trigger ONCE, with a semi-automatic, how many rounds are fired?

This is predicated that you know what a "round" is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 04:15 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,954,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post

More rounds that necessary would be expended for the madman to accomplish his goal.

For defensive purposes, I want control over my weapon and put just as many rounds as necessary exactly where they need to be.

Not sure what your point is, but I'm pretty sure that a madman isn't going to be too concerned about 'wasting rounds' when they're on a shooting spree. They usually have a big arsenal of extra magazines that they carry around with them in a duffel bag or backpack so they're not going to be running out of ammo anytime soon. Besides that, an automatic rifle (slide fire or whatever you want to call it) can be fired in bursts for more precise targeting and efficiency.

When you have large of group of people together in a classroom or a movie theater, the ideal firearm to take them out would be an automatic or converted slide fire type weapon . The fact they are grouped so close together means you won't be wasting many rounds. Which is pretty obvious. Next best weapon would be semi-auto assault type rifle because of the high rate of fire and accuracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Do you know the process of getting a full-auto gun? Form 1, tax stamp, etc? Not to mention the $5,000 to $250,000 you have laying around to buy something that was made before 1986.
By machine gun I meant an AR15, AK47 or any other off the shelf civilian version assault style rifle that is easily converted to fire like a machine gun/assault rifle whatever you want to call it.

Last edited by cisco kid; 08-22-2014 at 04:32 PM..

Old 08-22-2014, 05:04 PM

7,359 posts, read 6,532,723 times
Quote:
With slide fire the rate of fire is adjustable from 500 to 900 rounds per minute. But even on the lowest setting 500 RPM is hell of lot of firepower. If you were to empty a magazine into say a classroom full of students, or a movie theater filled with people--at 500 rounds per minute what do you think would happen to them? It doesn't matter if its 500 or 1000 RPM. They'd all be dead just the same. Doesn't matter if you're using an AR-15 with slide fire conversion, or an M16. They'd be dead either way.*SNIP*
This right here proves you're clueless about guns. Spraying around a room on full auto is a good way to ensure everyone lives. The bullets simply wouldn't hit everyone's critical areas. Sure you'd hurt a lot of people, but they'd more than likely live.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:28 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Wow. Your ignorance is truly astounding. Can you even tell your rear end from a hole in the ground?
I doubt it. So here's a little lesson to help you out.

A slide fire AR15 fires at a rate of 900 RPM.
Which is similar to an M16 at 850 to 1000 RPM in full auto mode.
(btw do you know what RPM stands for? If not then Google is your friend).

Watch the video below and maybe you can learn something about how a slide fire works. Don't worry it's not rocket science. It's made by a very well-known popular Youtuber named FPS Russia. He explains it so well even you could understand it (I hope). Or don't watch and remain forever mired in your tragic ignorance.

900 RPM AR15 by FPS Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6BFarrICWs
have you ever witnessed it? Quit reading crap from their website trying to sell it.

Bump fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm beginning to think you are trolling for a junior high assignment. Why are you so afraid of a piece of metal?

Old 08-22-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
This right here proves you're clueless about guns. Spraying around a room on full auto is a good way to ensure everyone lives. The bullets simply wouldn't hit everyone's critical areas. Sure you'd hurt a lot of people, but they'd more than likely live.
Plus, lugging around a 1000 round mag LOL A standard mag on select fire is empty in seconds on full auto. Are they using two man teams now? One to carry belt fed ammo and one to shoot "Bump fire" is the biggest gimmick out there. You "might" get a weapon to fire correctly if you get lucky enough to find one with a bcg and buffer compatible. Who would modify a civilian AR to some stupid crap like this? Go to a State that it is legal and buy a SAW, that's what they are made for. Oh no's a scary AR.

Jesus, this yarn just keeps getting bigger.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Not sure what your point is, but I'm pretty sure that a madman isn't going to be too concerned about 'wasting rounds' when they're on a shooting spree. They usually have a big arsenal of extra magazines that they carry around with them in a duffel bag or backpack so they're not going to be running out of ammo anytime soon. Besides that, an automatic rifle (slide fire or whatever you want to call it) can be fired in bursts for more precise targeting and efficiency.

When you have large of group of people together in a classroom or a movie theater, the ideal firearm to take them out would be an automatic or converted slide fire type weapon . The fact they are grouped so close together means you won't be wasting many rounds. Which is pretty obvious. Next best weapon would be semi-auto assault type rifle because of the high rate of fire and accuracy.

By machine gun I meant an AR15, AK47 or any other off the shelf civilian version assault style rifle that is easily converted to fire like a machine gun/assault rifle whatever you want to call it.
The ideal weapon to take out a bunch of people in a small area would be an explosive or a grenade. Unless you think everyone will stand around while you fiddle with slide fire hoping it will catch and work.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:27 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,954,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Let me ask you a question.

When you pull the trigger ONCE, with a semi-automatic, how many rounds are fired?
If you need to know the answer to that, I suggest you go to your library and check out a book, if you can manage that. Or sign up for a basic weapons course at your local gun range.
They can answer all your questions. I'm not here to tutor you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The ideal weapon to take out a bunch of people in a small area would be an explosive or a grenade. Unless you think everyone will stand around while you fiddle with slide fire hoping it will catch and work.

I said the ideal firearm. A grenade is not a firearm, genius.
And before you attempt to use any firearm, I suggest you enroll in a class for English reading comprehension. Because reading is fundamental! The last thing we need in this world are illiterate folks like yourself arming themselves to the teeth with assault weapons.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
If you need to know the answer to that, I suggest you go to your library and check out a book, if you can manage that. Or sign up for a basic weapons course at your local gun range.

And before you attempt to use any firearm, I suggest you enroll in a class for English reading comprehension. Because reading is fundamental! The last thing we need in this world are illiterate folks like yourself arming themselves to the teeth with assault weapons.

At least you finally quit calling an AR-15 a machine gun LMAO. And, for your entertainment scholar, a handgun like this is far more lethal at close range. Bed wetting material for those afraid of a piece of steel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUE_IKYtPsQ

Ha Ha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qwXO-KTVxk

Good to know only "machine guns" are your problem and grenades are so last week.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 08-22-2014 at 06:42 PM..

Old 08-22-2014, 11:27 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Quote:
Well, again, it is unlawful to convert any rifle to fire like a machine gun in full auto mode. Doing so will result in a 10 year prison sentence, at the very least.

If you're talking about the slide fire stalk, as has been mentioned to you already, that stalk is unecessary to "bump fire" a weapon. Pistols can even be fired in this manner, I've seen it myself.. All the stalk does is make it easier. If these devices made it remotely possible to fire a weapon in full auto mode, the ATF would have brought the ban-hammer down on them in a heartbeat, however they remain legal, so that in itself should tell you you're wrong.
Quote:
In otherwords, you have no clue. I figured.
Quote:
lol, why so defensive? If you don't want people to make you look clueless, than perhaps you should educate yourself before you speak about a topic. The only reason anyone would fling insults the way you are is because they know they've been outdone and feel belittled by the fact they can't form an intelligent argument. You aren't actually hurting anyone's feelings, you're just adding to the hilarity and making us laugh louder.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:30 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,427,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
One word: Compton. That's why.
I grew up in Compton, and most gang bangers didn't use assault rifles. Then again that was back in the 80s. I am not surprised since basically ALL of southern California has pretty much pockets of Comptons within each city. I was shocked to find out that a very nice solidly middle class burb of LA/SD-Temecula has a apartment complex where there are shootings and high crime in that local area. So one could think that this is only a problem in Compton. IT'S NOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies