Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 08:25 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
HOLY FUD, did you just say slide fire has a higher fire rate than a full auto weapon. Where do you read this carp?
It is known!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 10:46 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
It really confuses them when you tell them that a revolver is a semi-automatic!
lol,

Old 08-21-2014, 11:04 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
I doubt it, but in the off chance that this might help someone expand their mental horizons, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FCYJPwvqxY

Old 08-22-2014, 06:55 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
A slide fire AR15 fires at a rate of 900 RPM.
Which is similar to an M16 at 850 to 1000 RPM in full auto mode.
(btw do you know what RPM stands for? If not then Google is your friend).
That's under optimal conditions of being stationary and having a proper grip on the forearm of the AR. Shooting while running or behind cover will drastically reduce your rounds per minute with a stock from Slide Fire Solutions. Shooting one handed will eliminate the simulated full auto functionality taking the rifle back to semi-auto. A true full-auto will have the same rate of fire in all of those situations.

Quote:
Watch the video below and maybe you can learn something about how a slide fire works. Don't worry it's not rocket science. It's made by a very well-known popular Youtuber named FPS Russia. He explains it so well even you could understand it (I hope). Or don't watch and remain forever mired in your tragic ignorance.

900 RPM AR15 by FPS Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6BFarrICWs
No need to watch it. It uses the natural recoil of the rifle along with your left arm (if you are a righty) acting as a spring to keep firing. Since the grip is attached to the stock instead of the lower receiver, just holding your finger in place will cause the receiver and trigger to move simulating full auto.

And FPSRussia isn't Russian. He's Georgian. Not the country of Georgia, the state down south. It's a neat channel because I like watching machine guns and explosions as much as the next guy.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:00 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,954,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
That's under optimal conditions of being stationary and having a proper grip on the forearm of the AR. Shooting while running or behind cover will drastically reduce your rounds per minute with a stock from Slide Fire Solutions. Shooting one handed will eliminate the simulated full auto functionality taking the rifle back to semi-auto. A true full-auto will have the same rate of fire in all of those situations.

And FPSRussia isn't Russian. He's Georgian. Not the country of Georgia, the state down south. It's a neat channel because I like watching machine guns and explosions as much as the next guy.

With slide fire the rate of fire is adjustable from 500 to 900 rounds per minute. But even on the lowest setting 500 RPM is hell of lot of firepower. If you were to empty a magazine into say a classroom full of students, or a movie theater filled with people--at 500 rounds per minute what do you think would happen to them? It doesn't matter if its 500 or 1000 RPM. They'd all be dead just the same. Doesn't matter if you're using an AR-15 with slide fire conversion, or an M16. They'd be dead either way.

(Disclaimer: I'm not advocating for anyone to try the above. Just a hypothetical to show a point).

To try to downplay 500 RPM as if it is nothing, just a totally harmless rate of fire--is only what a gun freak would do. 'But its only half the rate of an M16!' Just makes the gun nuts look crazy. These weapons can easily get into the wrong hands which is a concern as someone with schoolage kids.

Quote:
And his Russian accent is fake too. I heard the ATF raided his firearms business a few months ago looking for evidence relating to the shooting death of his long-time business partner Keith Ratliff. But they found nothing. I like watching his videos once in a while. But if I wanted to shoot a machine gun myself I would go to the gun range where they let you rent them for target shooting onsite. But besides that these weapons are far too easy to obtain.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:50 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
But if he listens and does not take it personal he will get educated, then when the times comes to go out and get his own he will know what is best for his own personal needs and maybe a few pointers to fine tune it along the way

Never found anyone that has spent any time operating an AR for the first that did not come away with a big grin and the Big Time Wants.
You have now. I first "met" the AR in the military. I hated it then, and I still do. If you GAVE me one, I would immediately sell it and buy something fun to shoot, like a Marlin .45LC lever action carbine.
My son, the gunsmith, agrees. In fact, he owned an AR-15 not long ago, and didn't keep it a month.
So, YES, there ARE people who are not enamored with the AR.
I would rather have an M-1 Carbine. In fact, in Vietnam, I carried a carbine!
My other son, the Deputy Sheriff, bought an AR-15 to carry in his patrol car. He plans to sell it.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:10 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
You have now. I first "met" the AR in the military. I hated it then, and I still do. If you GAVE me one, I would immediately sell it and buy something fun to shoot, like a Marlin .45LC lever action carbine.
My son, the gunsmith, agrees. In fact, he owned an AR-15 not long ago, and didn't keep it a month.
So, YES, there ARE people who are not enamored with the AR.
I would rather have an M-1 Carbine. In fact, in Vietnam, I carried a carbine!
My other son, the Deputy Sheriff, bought an AR-15 to carry in his patrol car. He plans to sell it.
So the AR is not your cup of tea. Probably the same for many folks. That doesn't take away the fact that it is the most popular selling rifle in America. The M1 C is a little on the heavy side for my likings.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:19 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
Quote:
With slide fire the rate of fire is adjustable from 500 to 900 rounds per minute. But even on the lowest setting 500 RPM is hell of lot of firepower.
There are no "adjustments". It's all in how stiff you keep your arm that is holding the handguard of the rifle. Any type of mechanical intervention moves the Slide Fire Stock into NFA territory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LpnoZUj5Mk

Quote:
If you were to empty a magazine into say a classroom full of students, or a movie theater filled with people--at 500 rounds per minute what do you think would happen to them?
More rounds that necessary would be expended for the madman to accomplish his goal.

For defensive purposes, I want control over my weapon and put just as many rounds as necessary exactly where they need to be. Whether it's a double tap, "Mozambique" (2 to the chest/1 to the head) or a NSR (non-standard response), I want to be in control of the weapon. I want to put rounds into the threat where they will do the most damage. Cranial vault to short circuit the electrical system, center mass to stop the hydraulic system (blood pump) or pelvic girdle to knock out the support (break the hips).

Quote:
It doesn't matter if its 500 or 1000 RPM. They'd all be dead just the same. Doesn't matter if you're using an AR-15 with slide fire conversion, or an M16. They'd be dead either way.

(Disclaimer: I'm not advocating for anyone to try the above. Just a hypothetical to show a point).
But you are using that example to evoke an emotional response and I don't do emotions in my discussions.

Quote:
To try to downplay 500 RPM as if it is nothing, just a totally harmless rate of fire--is only what a gun freak would do. 'But its only half the rate of an M16!' Just makes the gun nuts look crazy.
Now you resort to name calling.

500 rounds per minute isn't "harmless" but most anyone can do that with a standard AR-15 and no special stock. That's 8.3 rounds per second. With 5 minutes of practice I was doing an NSR (6 shots) in about 1.5 seconds which is 240 rounds per minute. But with the standard rifle I was using, aiming is much easier. My hands work together instead of that awkward the hand on the grip pulling in and the hand on the forearm pushing away. Much better control of the weapon.

Quote:
These weapons can easily get into the wrong hands which is a concern as someone with schoolage kids.
These weapons like the AR-15? Are you saying that all guns are easy to obtain or just ones that are black and have accessory rails?

Quote:
And his Russian accent is fake too. I heard the ATF raided his firearms business a few months ago looking for evidence relating to the shooting death of his long-time business partner Keith Ratliff. But they found nothing. I like watching his videos once in a while.
I didn't follow the story for long after Mr. Ratliff was murdered. But I'll run by the channel every so often to re-watch the mini-gun video. 6,000 rounds per minute of 7.62x51 is awesome. At current prices, that's still $3,000 per minute to operate.

Quote:
But if I wanted to shoot a machine gun myself I would go to the gun range where they let you rent them for target shooting onsite. But besides that these weapons are far too easy to obtain.
Do you know the process of getting a full-auto gun? Form 1, tax stamp, etc? Not to mention the $5,000 to $250,000 you have laying around to buy something that was made before 1986.

Old 08-22-2014, 03:33 PM

10,770 posts, read 5,683,884 times
Quote:
Do you know the process of getting a full-auto gun? Form 1, tax stamp, etc? Not to mention the $5,000 to $250,000 you have laying around to buy something that was made before 1986.
A non-SOT can't Form 1 a post 1986 machinegun.

Old 08-22-2014, 03:35 PM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
But if he listens and does not take it personal he will get educated, then when the times comes to go out and get his own he will know what is best for his own personal needs and maybe a few pointers to fine tune it along the way

Never found anyone that has spent any time operating an AR for the first that did not come away with a big grin and the Big Time Wants.
"But if he listens and does not take it personal he will get educated,' Respectfully, No he won't. I have read his posts for too long to believe what you claim.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies