Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 03:16 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Everyone is a liberal if they are anti corruption and anti theft it seems.

Liberals and Republicans are 2 of the same team in DC

Stealing my tax dollars to prop up their favored industries.
What the heck does any of that have to do with the woman who fell asleep and asphyxiated on gas fumes?

Corruption and theft? Where? Nobody twisted her arm to take those jobs.

But leave it to the Huffington Post to spin that sucker into a nice compact digestible pill to be quaffed down by the leftie masses.

I'm not buying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 03:17 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
So I guess we should ban sleeping in cars?

Old 08-30-2014, 03:23 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So I guess we should ban sleeping in cars?
You can sleep in your car - she needed a place to catch up on some z's before her next shift started.

No. Just ban keeping gas cans in your trunk. That should prevent anyone from dying accidentally in their car catching a nap.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:31 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
It is hard to work three jobs.

I have worked a full time job and two part time jobs.

It was good for me.....I learned I did not like being poor.

This lady made a bad choice with the gas in her car.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:36 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
what should i draw from this story? working pte is evil.
carrying gas is evil. service workers should be paid more.
service workers should have limos to take them places.
sleeping in your car should be illegal? taxpayers should pay for hotels for service workers to sleep.
help me out.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:38 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
What the heck does any of that have to do with the woman who fell asleep and asphyxiated on gas fumes?

Corruption and theft? Where? Nobody twisted her arm to take those jobs.

But leave it to the Huffington Post to spin that sucker into a nice compact digestible pill to be quaffed down by the leftie masses.

I'm not buying it.
You are not seeing the full picture and in who is responsible for the descent to where we are today.

Corporations and Banks create foreign and domestic trade pacts to benefit them that they pass off on to their puppet politicians, open up our southern borders to allow cheap illegal labor in for more profits and the consequences of that in a supply demand driven economy is lowered wages and no manufacturing jobs and that is already traveling up the totem pole to skilled workers as well

And they have the nerve to ask where is the corruption and theft.

They are stealing from the country via their policies in what is supposed to be a Constitutional Republic, not a Corporate Monarchy all for them.

Yes, I know that with Globalism, it is going to be harder for everyone, but none of the politically connected want to take a paycut. They want everyone else to below them.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:39 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,946 times
Quote:
Everyone is a liberal if they are anti corruption and anti theft it seems.

Liberals and Republicans are 2 of the same team in DC

Stealing my tax dollars to prop up their favored industries.
Little money is spent that way.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:45 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
You are not seeing the full picture and in who is responsible for the descent to where we are today.

Corporations and Banks create foreign and domestic trade pacts to benefit them that they pass off on to their puppet politicians, open up our southern borders to allow cheap illegal labor in for more profits and the consequences of that in a supply demand driven economy is lowered wages and no manufacturing jobs and that is already traveling up the totem pole to skilled workers as well

And they have the nerve to ask where is the corruption and theft.

They are stealing from the country via their policies in what is supposed to be a Constitutional Republic, not a Corporate Monarchy all for them.

Yes, I know that with Globalism, it is going to be harder for everyone, but none of the politically connected want to take a paycut. They want everyone else to below them.
Obamacare.

That is why employers are moving to part time employees.

Just wait until 2016.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:46 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Dunkin' Donuts Worker's Death Reveals The True Cost Of Our Low-Wage, Part-Time Economy

So here we have a women working 4 jobs motivated to better herself living on 3 hours of sleep a day and dies.

All so that Corporate Lobbyists, Investors and Banks can continue to reap the world from their Foreign and Domestic Economic policies they wrote up to pass on to their puppets in DC.
Worked as many as four jobs..... not working four jobs

Carrying gasoline in a can in your car is not wise.

Sleping 3 hours a night has its consequences.

Without the 'rest of the story' anything is pure speculation and cause of death was not listed as 'worked to death'. You can make the same case for any commuter that gets killed in an accident on the way to work.

Why not blame lack of education or lack of common sense or who knows what but not low wages as you have no clue as to her gross income or self imposed expenses.

Why heck, the feds will blame sugary donuts for her death.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:47 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Little money is spent that way.
This is little money to you?

Lobbying Spending Database | OpenSecrets

Top Lobbying Industries

Misc Business $6,222,186,821
Health $6,129,444,976
Finance/Insur/RealEst $6,114,392,300
Communic/Electronics $5,024,864,161
Energy/Nat Resource $4,541,655,840
Other $3,238,679,056
Transportation $3,112,258,359
Ideology/Single-Issue $2,006,128,150
Agribusiness $1,838,821,458
Defense $1,754,280,083
Construction $669,720,712
Labor $606,259,501
Lawyers & Lobbyists $420,666,755

That does not even take into account the amount of dark money, anonymous pacts, campaign contributions and back deal bribes. And the amounts being showered on politicians is reaching records, because the top wealthy believe the government is the solution. Everyone else not politically connected or with the monetary means gets left to the wayside.

Do you like your money being stolen to prop up the Finance industry via bailouts and Quantitative Easing as well as money stolen to prop up Big Insurance and Healthcare Industry?

Do you have any idea the amount of money that has been lost to the average citizen because of these "Free Trade Pacts" and Open Borders all to make a few more wealthy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies