Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 06:13 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
They were very high on the amount of money they paid to lobbyists.

Do you mind if I ask.......are you in a union???
Nope, I am not in a union
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 06:14 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
I am in Michigan.....we have mandatory car insurance too.

It is not fault......I like it....but, it is pricy.

I don't like the part that says if an at-fault driver totals your un-Comprehensive car, the most you can sue for is $400.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:17 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
I am in Michigan.....we have mandatory car insurance too.

It is not fault......I like it....but, it is pricy.

and prickly too

Old 08-30-2014, 06:21 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Nope, I am not in a union
Thanks.....I just wondered.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:05 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
I don't know why this is political/controversial. It appears a woman died from an accident.

(Shrug)

The one thing that peaked my interest is the article said she had no kids.

I wonder what kind of circumstances had her working so many low-paying hourly jobs?

If child support is out then a previous medical procedure? If that was the case it would be much easier to just declare bankruptcy. I doubt school loans cuz her jobs were low-skilled. Even if it was school loans working less to get a hardship case would probably actually save her money.

Paying for regular health insurance would be out with Obamacare.

Just seems weird that a childless woman would be working all these low-wage hourly jobs.

Old 08-31-2014, 02:04 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,805,826 times
Quote:
As if I have a choice since it is mandatory?

If I had a choice, I would not be thanking them, let me tell you.
You are only required to have liability insurance in case you injury or damage someone's else vehicle and it's your fault. You aren't required to have collision insurance. They basically save your butt if you screw-up.

Anyways, what does all your OWS nonsense have to do with the OP you started? Why not just stick to the article you posted, or start a post with what you really want to vent about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

I wonder what kind of circumstances had her working so many low-paying hourly jobs?

Just seems weird that a childless woman would be working all these low-wage hourly jobs.
It's misleading. She worked at four Dunkin Donuts franchises, which technically count as four separate jobs. However, the article said she would work 10 hours one work and 40 the next.

Old 08-31-2014, 02:12 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I don't know why this is political/controversial. It appears a woman died from an accident.

(Shrug)

The one thing that peaked my interest is the article said she had no kids.

If child support is out then a previous medical procedure? If that was the case it would be much easier to just declare bankruptcy. I doubt school loans cuz her jobs were low-skilled. Even if it was school loans working less to get a hardship case would probably actually save her money.

Paying for regular health insurance would be out with Obamacare.

She was working at multiple Dunkin Donuts. Since they are franchises, they are considered separate jobs.
DD is usually a job kids would work or someone wanting a little extra money. The woman who died did not want an office job.

Old 08-31-2014, 02:19 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,408,756 times
The woman clearly wasn't working hard enough. She needs to go back to school to get more skills.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:22 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
You are only required to have liability insurance in case you injury or damage someone's else vehicle and it's your fault. You aren't required to have collision insurance. They basically save your butt if you screw-up.

Anyways, what does all your OWS nonsense have to do with the OP you started? Why not just stick to the article you posted, or start a post with what you really want to vent about?

It's misleading. She worked at four Dunkin Donuts franchises, which technically count as four separate jobs. However, the article said she would work 10 hours one work and 40 the next.
Oh ok.

Still a weird scenario. Why not just get 2 20-hour a week jobs?

Old 08-31-2014, 03:25 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,598,551 times
Quote:
Dunkin' Donuts Worker's Death Reveals The True Cost Of Our Low-Wage, Part-Time Economy

So here we have a women working 4 jobs motivated to better herself living on 3 hours of sleep a day and dies.

All so that Corporate Lobbyists, Investors and Banks can continue to reap the world from their Foreign and Domestic Economic policies they wrote up to pass on to their puppets in DC.
she died because she had a gas can IN HER CAR. It was not the job that killed her, it was her choice to put a gas can inside the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies