Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 05:58 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,787 times

Advertisements

I read the article, and I believe they absolutely have the right to sue, and win. However, I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain about the overt racism. So, the town doesn't care for black people, but she seems to think these racist jerks are somehow accepting of her gay lifestyle? Bigots are bigots. They need to move somewhere else, like the article stated, where that can all live in peace.

It IS 2014, right??? How is this STILL an issue??? My hearts breaks for humanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 06:12 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,254,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Well, she might have a case for a lawsuit, but I don't see why she would pursue it. After all, the child is her's. She's virtually neglecting her daughter. Get over it, and be a mother.
Did you read the article? The mother has recognized valid concerns about raising her mixed race daughter in her current comparatively intolerant environment. An award from the lawsuit would enable the family to move to a location more supportive for both the parents and the child...a huge plus by anyone's standards. Additionally, as others have stated so well, she didn't get what she ordered. The sperm bank made an error and should be responsible for the consequences.

As I see it, she is most likely not neglecting her daughter at all but attempting to provide a better environment. Though that remains to be seen.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:26 PM

6,823 posts, read 14,039,451 times
I have mixed feelings on this one. On one hand she got something she did not ask for. On the second hand she received a daughter that she could not have on her own. What does she tell her daughter when she gets older. Mommy loves you but sued the sperm bank for giving her the wrong color sperm. That's a hell of a burden to walk around with.

Reggie

Old 10-02-2014, 06:36 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Wow Tea Partiers are seriously disturbed. Imagine how that child will feel when he/she sees her mother is repulsed that he/she had slightly too much pigment. Never understand that creepy conservative white supremacist mindset, shame anyone with money can get all the fertility treatments they want.
I didn't know that Lesbian couple were Tea Party members.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:57 PM

27,154 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
That is a very good question.

There are issues that come with raising a bi-racial child that would not be present with an all-white/non-bi-racial child. Looks to me like once the realities set in, it was a different story.

Lesbian parents is no problem though I have to ask.

It understand the problem the experienced but her comments were despicable.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:03 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I have mixed feelings on this one. On one hand she got something she did not ask for. On the second hand she received a daughter that she could not have on her own. What does she tell her daughter when she gets older. Mommy loves you but sued the sperm bank for giving her the wrong color sperm. That's a hell of a burden to walk around with.

Reggie
I was thinking this. Might be some issues with feeling rejected later in life in addition to issues not having her father in her life or male father figure in the home.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:23 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
My POV is she should love the wonderful child she did get and yes still sue the Sperm Bank for their failure.
Maybe the kid's NOT "wonderful"?

Old 10-02-2014, 07:37 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So you think it is absurd a woman is suing because they got the wrong sperm? Returning it for a refund isn't exactly an option.

Would you be ok if the woman terminated the child?

"So you think it is absurd a woman is suing because they got the wrong sperm?"

I think it's hilarious that these tolerance demanding same-sex married lesbians specifically asked for a blond-haired blue-eyed Aryan and now can't admit their real reason for being so disappointed.

"Returning it for a refund isn't exactly an option."

Given the circumstances, that's what makes it so funny.

"Would you be ok if the woman terminated the child?"

The better question is what would our PC social engineers say about a lesbian aborting a child because it isn't 100% white.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:38 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I read the article, and I believe they absolutely have the right to sue, and win. However, I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain about the overt racism. So, the town doesn't care for black people, but she seems to think these racist jerks are somehow accepting of her gay lifestyle? Bigots are bigots. They need to move somewhere else, like the article stated, where that can all live in peace.

It IS 2014, right??? How is this STILL an issue??? My hearts breaks for humanity.
Maybe the town is not that racist? She could be full of crap and projecting. Yeah, she can move a few towns over where the black people won't accept them either.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:01 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpindogs View Post
Did you read the article? The mother has recognized valid concerns about raising her mixed race daughter in her current comparatively intolerant environment. An award from the lawsuit would enable the family to move to a location more supportive for both the parents and the child...a huge plus by anyone's standards. Additionally, as others have stated so well, she didn't get what she ordered. The sperm bank made an error and should be responsible for the consequences.

As I see it, she is most likely not neglecting her daughter at all but attempting to provide a better environment. Though that remains to be seen.

The only one concerned about the race of her daughter is the lesbian mother who didn't get the blond-haired blue-eyed Caucasian she asked for.

Of course now it's everyone else in town that's "comparatively intolerant".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies