Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 12:14 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Nothing worse than a black baby. God sure does know how to smite homos.
GEEZ! I did not know that God was running sperm banks these days and screwing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Knocking one out the old fashioned way and picking sperm out of a book based on desired traits are two different things.
Do you actually suffer the belief that only lesbians make use of sperm banks?

Old 10-02-2014, 12:19 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Where did I say that?

The relationship status of the mother has no bearing on the case.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:24 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
Quote:
That's a good question !!! What do sperm donor's make ? Or is it another low paying service job ?

Old 10-02-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Uh, think again. Their sexual orientation is used as a basis to consider tolerance of differences yet they chose to live in a while neighborhood, so white in fact that they feel a mixed race child wouldn't grow up in a good environment unless they move away. I cam calling into question the obvious hypocrisy of their thinking and the portrayal that the LGBT community makes tolerance one of the primary issues they face.

They aren't tolerant themselves.

Suddenly, the tolerant lesbian woman think the neighborhood they live in isn't tolerant yet they as lesbians haven't had a problem living there.

You don't get it?
Because infertile hetero couples never care about the race of a child conceived with sperm supplied by a sperm bank?

No, I don't get that at all.

So I'll continue to maintain the sexual orientation of the couple involved, despite the efforts of some to say otherwise, has nothing to do with the sperm bank's error.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Because infertile hetero couples never care about the race of a child conceived with sperm supplied by a sperm bank?

No, I don't get that at all.

So I'll continue to maintain the sexual orientation of the couple involved, despite the efforts of some to say otherwise, has nothing to do with the sperm bank's error.
I agree !!! Clerk made an error, lesbian was at bat, the baby is a home run not second base. The pitcher was relieved.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:41 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I agree that the sperm bank was negligent.
I agree that the couple did not receive what they contracted for.
But to receive an award, one must show damages.
How were the plaintiffs damaged?
For a judge to rule that having a mixed race baby, instead of an all white one, and the plaintiff was damaged, opens a whole can of legal worms.
Different is not defective when it comes to children. but then again, we've been fighting this very same battle since the civil war and the Emancipation Proclamation.

IMO, the only way a judge could award damages is to rule that a mixed race child is less than an all white child and I don't think any judge would rule that way. At least in Ohio.
Her argument revolves more around how racist her town is than how she feels about the kid. It's "they all hate us and I need financial compensation for that". I kinda doubt what she says, but if people can get a fortune for spilling hot coffee on themselves in the US, then, hey, why not because your neighbors shun you because of a mistake the sperm bank made? There's a lawyer the dollar signs in his eyes behind this.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
The bottom line is if the woman didn't get what was advertised or paid for, then she has a right to sue.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The bottom line is if the woman didn't get what was advertised or paid for, then she has a right to sue.
She has the obligation of due diligence. Her failure on that.
Anyone has a right to sue. And she might even win but it's far from a slam dunk case.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:13 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
She has the obligation of due diligence. Her failure on that.
Anyone has a right to sue. And she might even win but it's far from a slam dunk case.
Agreed, but I don't blame her for being upset if she was promised something, paid for it, then received something else. Could be the excitement of being a new mother tempered her anger. Only a mom can answer that after carrying a baby to term. The fact is the company in question failed to keep their end of the deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies