Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 07:25 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,382,405 times

Advertisements

Since the couple's community obviously doesn't stigmatize a same sex couple, as the mother and her partner are lesbians, I have a hard time believing that same community would stigmatize a biracial child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 07:30 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
oh quit complaining. Just think of the diverse family you created to satisfy the left.....oh wait, you don't like black people...

On another note, why is it that lesbians are attracted to other women, but their partners look like she-men? Weird.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:47 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,534,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Since the couple's community obviously doesn't stigmatize a same sex couple, as the mother and her partner are lesbians, I have a hard time believing that same community would stigmatize a biracial child.
She's not so much worried about the child as she is about herself. Here's the narcissist quote:

"Jennifer lives each day with fears, anxieties and uncertainty about her future and Payton’s future"

Jennifer worries about things she cannot control and that might not happen and she mentions how it will effect her first, then mention the daughter. This is about what the Mom will go through not the baby.

Then there is the gem:

The lawsuit states that it is because of her upbringing that “Jennifer acknowledges her limited cultural competency relative to African-Americans and steep learning curve, particularly in small, homogenous Uniontown, which she regards as too racially intolerant.

One of the couple’s concerns involves getting Payton’s hair done. It requires Cramblett to travel to a black community where she is “not overtly welcome.”

Oh boy. So much tolerance I can barely keep my unicorn from farting raindropped flavored tear drops.

I see what the problem is now, the Mother's family is just too racist:

Further, Cramblett is concerned about her family, which the lawsuit states is an “all white and unconsciously insensitive family.” The lawsuit goes on to say.

Good grief.

But, this is actually a real funny one. I love-love-love unintended consequences. Awesome.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:57 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,870,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
It may be so and the couple should probably give the child up for adoption. They do have grounds for a lawsuit.
As someone asked previously in this thread, why now?

IMO, they should have given this child up for adoption soon after birth--and had ALL expenses reimbursed.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:10 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
My POV is she should love the wonderful child she did get and yes still sue the Sperm Bank for their failure.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:42 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
They do have grounds for a lawsuit.
Or at least a scathing Yelp review.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:42 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
The wrongful birth looks iffy, but the breach of warranty seems pretty straightforward.
That's what I was thinking too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
My POV is she should love the wonderful child she did get and yes still sue the Sperm Bank for their failure.
I agree..love the kid first,sue second.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:45 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Seems like a pretty legit lawsuit actually. Two white parents who can never even pretend that he's the biological daddy. Lots of uncomfortable questions about whether she cheated on him or used to be with somebody else will last a whole lifetime. And that baby girl is going to know he ain't her real daddy for her entire childhood. She's going to be the semi-black kid with two white parents wondering why everybody else's mommy and daddy actually look like them. She might even question whether either of them is really her parents. So the daughter is also adversely affected by the sperm bank's blunder.

Sure, ideally they just leave it alone and move on. The lawsuit does not mean they're not good parents to that daughter right now or in the future.
The "parents" are a gay couple.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:46 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,870,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The "parents" are a gay couple.
Yep. But that has nothing to do with the fact that the sperm bank was incompetent and FU BIG time.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:52 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,086,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
She's not so much worried about the child as she is about herself. Here's the narcissist quote:

"Jennifer lives each day with fears, anxieties and uncertainty about her future and Payton’s future"

Jennifer worries about things she cannot control and that might not happen and she mentions how it will effect her first, then mention the daughter. This is about what the Mom will go through not the baby.

Then there is the gem:

The lawsuit states that it is because of her upbringing that “Jennifer acknowledges her limited cultural competency relative to African-Americans and steep learning curve, particularly in small, homogenous Uniontown, which she regards as too racially intolerant.

One of the couple’s concerns involves getting Payton’s hair done. It requires Cramblett to travel to a black community where she is “not overtly welcome.”

Oh boy. So much tolerance I can barely keep my unicorn from farting raindropped flavored tear drops.

I see what the problem is now, the Mother's family is just too racist:

Further, Cramblett is concerned about her family, which the lawsuit states is an “all white and unconsciously insensitive family.” The lawsuit goes on to say.

Good grief.

But, this is actually a real funny one. I love-love-love unintended consequences. Awesome.
She's acknowledging her own discomfort brought about by someone else's carelessness, a problem she may have to live with forever. She's also cognizant of the problems she and the child may face. How is anyone else in a position to judge her internal values when the problems resulting from those are ones she sought to avoid?

And you cite the family as being "too racist". Is that in comparison to "just racist enough"?

You last line says it all in stating that you're taking great delight in the problems she's going through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies