Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2014, 06:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I find it interesting how you on the left seem to cherish death. Though why should i be surprised you've snuffed out 56 million children the past 41 years.
On the contrary, those who believe in death-with-dignity cherish life. We abhor suffering and understand that keeping a body alive by artificial means, simply because it can be done, is one of the most selfish and self-serving acts imaginable.
Your flippant comments betray either a complete lack of empathy and/or experience in these matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 06:37 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
I find it interesting how you on the left seem to cherish death. Though why should i be surprised you've snuffed out 56 million children the past 41 years.
I cherish life. As a cancer survivor myself, I want to get as much as I can out of life. That is why is support death with dignity.

How many foster kids have you raised, Gretsky, as you care so much about unwanted children? I'm waiting.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
That is a horribly dishonest statement. No one believes your claim that people in the left are the only ones having abortions.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:57 AM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times
my mom was the kindest most giving person, I've ever known....
She was taking blood transfusions, until they no longer worked....she didn't want to be a burden to anyone, and I believe that is b/c she took care of her father, until she no longer could....
So, she asked the doctor, what if I stop the transfusions, he said, we'll make you as comfortable as we can.

She did so, and wanted it that way...

I believe it should be up to the individual, so it doesn't matter what I think, nor should it matter to anyone else....it's not their life.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:59 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,041,088 times
Quote:

Don't hurt your hand beating that Bible!

(I'm Catholic, conservative and Republican and I support both assisted suicide and a women's choice to end a pregnancy).

Old 11-03-2014, 07:03 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,669,320 times
I believe everyone has the right to die with dignity and if you have either a terminal illness or living with a debilitating disease it is your choice, your body.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:46 AM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
I'm not on the left, and I rest my case....
my mom was 90 years old, I watched her slowly, year after year, after year, until she could no longer stand it, and she was probably a whole lot more christain then most....you wouldn't believe the people she helped out emotionally and financially in her life time....

its not about you, it is their choice, just as a woman's right to choose is up to that woman, and should be between her and her God, and no one else's business.....

so, did she are we cherish death, no, of course not....
but it was her time, she wanted to go and she was able to do so....

clean up your own house, before you go out and try to clean the homes of others.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:18 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1999 View Post
I support it under certain circumstances such as the one this young lady is facing.

We do it for animals and we call it "humane". Can we not extend the same care and compassion to our own species?
Partially agree with first sentence, completely agree with second/third.

Only reason I was partial on first sentence is that I support it under any circumstances. The very first natural individual right is that you own yourself. If you choosing to end your own life is illegal, then Leviathan owns you. Screw that. If I want to end my life, it's mine to end, and the only "authority" I care about is whatever G-d I believe in and how I square it with Him.

Under all circumstance, I still own myself. It's the most fundamental, basic freedom of them all, self-ownership. And the owner of a thing is the one who chooses what to do with said thing, including discard it.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:20 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,224 times
Quote:
A woman by the name of Britain found out that she had terminal brain cancer. She made a decision to move to Portland Oregon where assisted suicide is legal. I total disagree a Doctor's hippocratic oath is to do no harm. BTW.. Do you know who invented the whole concept of physician assisted suicide the Nazis. Why because for the NAZIS those who were disabled or burden were dispensable. By legalizing physician suicide we're entering a slippery slope.

Cancer patient Brittany Maynard, 29, has scheduled her death for Nov. 1 - The Washington Post

I support the right to die, but would modify the legislation to require that doctors who do this as a job, are not in the position to influence the healthcare decision

I'm a little afraid of - man we are never going to get this guy to pay his bill, he is past $250k so far, someone go in there and convince him its over.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:30 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,080,540 times
Quote:
I'm not on the left, and I rest my case....
my mom was 90 years old, I watched her slowly, year after year, after year, until she could no longer stand it, and she was probably a whole lot more christain then most....you wouldn't believe the people she helped out emotionally and financially in her life time....

its not about you, it is their choice, just as a woman's right to choose is up to that woman, and should be between her and her God, and no one else's business.....

so, did she are we cherish death, no, of course not....
but it was her time, she wanted to go and she was able to do so....

clean up your own house, before you go out and try to clean the homes of others.
My home is pretty clean not perfect but clean.. Regarding its their choice...So if one wanted to commit suicide for no apparent reason...hey according to you its there choice and no one else's business...right!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies