Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 08:59 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times

Advertisements

Michael Brown
Stole from a store, pushed the owner and I ask you this.
IF the store owner pulled out a gun and said freeze and then charged the store owner and he shot and killed him was that murder or self defense.

Michael Brown robbed a store the police stopped him Michael Brown Assaulted a police officer while he was in the vechile and the police officer shot him DEAD after Brown decided he was going to come at the officer.

Now you might not like that the police did it, but if the store owner did it would they be screaming for the store owners head and would the store owner be called a murder. When people are in the process of robbing you these people should now they should be SHOT.

Shooting a unarmed man is different then shooting a man who has already assaulted you police are not going to do HAND to HAND combat because it allows the criminal to get away, get the upper hand and or take your gun and shoot you.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:01 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Do you think it is possible that he was murdered by locals for cooperating with police by giving an honest statement of what he saw?
Judging from the lack of remorse from Dorian Johnson shown in his MSNBC interview last night, I'd say more than likely. Even moreso, it wouldn't surprise me if the Mr. Johnson wasn't personally involved.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:02 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
First you have to believe Brown would grab the officer's gun which is on his right hip. There were no finger prints.

Then you'd have to believe that Brown turned around, after being shot twice, and charged officer Wilson.

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

This has been boiling for quite a while. I stand clearly on the side of the protesters. It's not justifying Mike Brown's actions, its about solving a broader issue.
244 black youths murder in Chicago alone since Mike Brown died. Tell us again what the broader issue is again?

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Lt governor of MO is saying the democrat governor didn't use the national guard because Obama told him to hold off.
Thats possible. It was obvious that on the first night cops were ordered to stand down and let the protesters do whatever they want as long as they were not doing bodily harm. They did not want to escalate the violence.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:03 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
First you have to believe Brown would grab the officer's gun which is on his right hip. There were no finger prints.

Then you'd have to believe that Brown turned around, after being shot twice, and charged officer Wilson.
But isn't that what multiple witnesses, including black witnesses, said happened? I thought you said you've been around these threads for a long time..yet you still haven't processed THAT aspect of it?

It's obvious that you have an agenda, you don't care about what really happened.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:04 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
244 black youths murder in Chicago alone since Mike Brown died. Tell us again what the broader issue is again?
Like you care about either.

What have you done to stop violence in this country? I've done my part.

You just want something to demonize the movement.

You voting to End the Drug War snake?

Old 11-26-2014, 09:12 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Nobody that I know of has justified Brown robbing a convenience store.

We don't know who attacked who.

This was just the tipping point of other issues. People are upset with the amount of force used and the impunity that Police officers get in this country. They're tired of the corruption, the ability of Police to do whatever they want. The harrassment (racial profiling, stop and frisk).

This has been boiling for quite a while. I stand clearly on the side of the protesters. It's not justifying Mike Brown's actions, its about solving a broader issue.

As I've said, I have my reservations about cops. I don't trust them, and I don't like the militarization of the police. Not one damn bit! I had a run in with them a couple of weeks ago in a simple traffic violation, and they felt compelled to harrass the crap out of me! Asked me to get out the car, blah blah blah! They ran my license, new I had a good driving record, and knew I had no priors so they were just being a bunch of pricks! I was 100 yards or so from my work parking lot, so I cooperated! And I'm a white dude! What I did not do is get s***ty with them, or try to fight them! Secondly, I grew up in a predominantly white community, and the cops were absolute pricks! Now granted, some of my friends were doing dumb s*** so the attention was definitely warranted, but don't think that harrassment by cops is only exclusive to black people.

In short, I understand peaceful protesting. We have that right as American citizens to assemble in protest in a peaceful manner. Where you lose me, is when the violence starts and the targets become innocent people, and business owners, who had nothing to do with the situation. Let's look back at the L.A. riots and the Rodney King incident. Did that truck driver Reginald Denny deserve to be dragged out of his truck, and beaten within an inch of his life because of the actions of the cops, in which Mr. Denny had absolutely nothing to do with? If you want real reform, stop voting for politicians on both sides of the aisle that implement the policies that are turning this country into a police state! On all levels!

Old 11-26-2014, 09:14 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Michael Brown
Stole from a store, pushed the owner and I ask you this.
IF the store owner pulled out a gun and said freeze and then charged the store owner and he shot and killed him was that murder or self defense.

Michael Brown robbed a store the police stopped him Michael Brown Assaulted a police officer while he was in the vechile and the police officer shot him DEAD after Brown decided he was going to come at the officer.

Now you might not like that the police did it, but if the store owner did it would they be screaming for the store owners head and would the store owner be called a murder. When people are in the process of robbing you these people should now they should be SHOT.

Shooting a unarmed man is different then shooting a man who has already assaulted you police are not going to do HAND to HAND combat because it allows the criminal to get away, get the upper hand and or take your gun and shoot you.

Very good points indeed.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:16 AM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Brown's parents are delusional (as are all of these "protesters")

Slain US teen's parents call officer's account 'crazy'

"I don't believe a word of it. I know my son far too well to… he would never do anything like that. He would never provoke anyone to do anything to him and he wouldn't do anything to anybody. I don't believe a word of it," she said in a separate interview on CBS "This Morning."

"Our son doesn’t have a history of violence," she added."

Really, no history of violence? These people really have zero regards for any facts, you cannot reason with people like this.

Has there ever been an interview that has asked the parents about the robbery that MB committed?

I believe they commented in the beginning that the release of the video was "character assassination" ... but have they ever been asked point blank about that crime?

If anyone has a link, I would appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies