Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 11:25 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What I don't get is why the protesters would set fire to and destroy their own neighborhoods. They even burned down a meat and liquor store. I would think they would have wanted to have that store.
it's called anger... and a lot of people damage their own property when they get angry.

I'm sure most people on here have thrown a remote, kicked a door, broke a glass, etc...

Once you calm down you realize it wasn't that smart but it's not like they could go to the Police Station or Wilson's home.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:26 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Are you being willfully ignorant? Use your logic.

Wilson had been a cop for 5 years. He'd never used his firearm in the line of duty, nor has he ever been accused of any wrong doing as a cop.
MB is a thug who just robbed a convenience store and assaulted the clerk.

And you say "we don't know who attacked who". That is true, we don't know, but they say that history is the best indicator of the future.
how far back does this history go?

and who gets to decide what can be used as an indicator of the future.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:29 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
it's called anger... and a lot of people damage their own property when they get angry.

I'm sure most people on here have thrown a remote, kicked a door, broke a glass, etc...

Once you calm down you realize it wasn't that smart but it's not like they could go to the Police Station or Wilson's home.
The rioters didn't damage their own property.

The looters looted to get free stuff. 'Anger' had nothing to do with it.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:30 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Interesting that there are 187 (CA Penal Code for Murder) pages here of blather, bile and contention yet on the St. Louis board there are a mere 25 pages, mostly civilized.

I guess the difference is that most of us on the STL board live in Missouri. Here y'all come from all over. Strange!

Old 11-26-2014, 11:30 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
I am actually okay with no indictment brought against the Thug Darren Wilson. Why go through a long drawn out trial when he would be found innocent anyway? The fix was in when deceased Michael Brown laid dead in the street over 4 hours.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:33 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,577 times
Quote:

Kinda like the anger you might experience when a cop stops you with stolen property in your hand, and you start beating the hell out of the cop and trying to take his gun? All this right after you've assaulted a clerk and robbed the joint? Yeah, I see what you mean.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:34 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:

Holy idiotic post Batman!

Yes. When I get upset I light my neighbors house on fire after looting it.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:34 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Quote:

Even Sharpton and the other talking heads on Msnbc can distinguish the difference between opportunistic criminals and the legit demonstrators.... why cant you?

Old 11-26-2014, 11:36 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
The New York Slimes published the street and town Wilson lives. Disgusting.
If they did, that IS disgusting. They should also compensate Wilson and his family for their stupidity.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:37 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,577 times
Quote:
how far back does this history go?

and who gets to decide what can be used as an indicator of the future.

Uh, history goes back to the beginning of time. But the more recent the history, the more relevant it is. I'd say <1 hour before is very relevant.

I think we should let the looters and thugs make up the law, how about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies