Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should "Under God" be removed from the Pledge of Allegiance?
Yes, remove it 51 49.51%
No, keep it 52 50.49%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 04:13 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I think you'd better research what each represents and get back to me. Here's the problem old cold... in today's PC Bizzaro World, people can't just leave well enough alone anymore, and always have to find something to whine about! Isn't it about time people pull up their big boy/big girl pants, and quit finding s*** to be offended about? Ohhhh boo freakin' hoo "under God" is in the pledge! The sky is falling!

Not much offends me, but do you know what does? People that b**** and moan, and get offended over every little thing!
They represent myth and fiction and wishful thinking.
I notice you still didn't answer the question.
We all know who'd be moaning and complaining then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 04:52 PM

778 posts, read 824,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I think you'd better research what each represents and get back to me. Here's the problem old cold... in today's PC Bizzaro World, people can't just leave well enough alone anymore, and always have to find something to whine about! Isn't it about time people pull up their big boy/big girl pants, and quit finding s*** to be offended about? Ohhhh boo freakin' hoo "under God" is in the pledge! The sky is falling!

Not much offends me, but do you know what does? People that b**** and moan, and get offended over every little thing!
What annoys me is people who declare any position they dislike is "bitching and moaning" and throw childish hissy-fits rather than addressing the issue like an adult, or goodness forbid, consider that perhaps someone else's position might have some merit.

To me there's no difference between God and Lucifer, and I don't think either belong in the pledge.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:19 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I wonder if they will also declare Lincoln's Gettysburg Address "unconstitutional" as well, and forbid it to be read and learned (we had to memorize it when I was in school), because that's where the words "under God" were adopted from.

Most liberals probably don't know that, because they know nothing of our history.
Why do you say this? The pledge was written in 1892, and the words "under god" were added in 1954. Both events took place quite awhile after the gettysburg address.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:12 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
can someone please sue atheists for STUPID lawsuits?

I don't know. Can we sue Christians for getting pushing their religion on the rest of us?

Old 11-20-2014, 10:15 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,286 times
Is the pledge meaningful in any way?

I mean, has there ever been anyone about to commit treason and then suddenly thought, "oh geez, I forgot I pledged allegiance all those times!" and then changed their mind?

Old 11-20-2014, 10:32 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times
It was not part of our Pledge until the Red scare of the 50's, we can survive the way we started.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:23 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,827,390 times
I hate how politically correct everything has to be these days. Just let it be. Its not like its harming anybody.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:27 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
86 it.

Although no surprise the usual suspects love McCarthyism.

Old 11-21-2014, 04:25 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I hate how politically correct everything has to be these days. Just let it be. Its not like its harming anybody.
You mean 'let it be' as long as you like the way it is.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:34 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
They represent myth and fiction and wishful thinking.
I notice you still didn't answer the question.
We all know who'd be moaning and complaining then.
That is YOUR opinion! If you choose not to believe so be it. However; this country while not necessarily a "Christian" nation was indeed founded on the basis of a Creator. And I'm not the one whining about God being in the pledge! Why? Because there are bigger things to worry about in this country, and quite frankly the way the politicians and their corporate cronies are tanking this country, we could use a little blessings from above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopede;37354664[B
]What annoys me is people who declare any position they dislike is "bitching and moaning" and throw childish hissy-fits rather than addressing the issue like an adult[/b], or goodness forbid, consider that perhaps someone else's position might have some merit.

To me there's no difference between God and Lucifer, and I don't think either belong in the pledge.

Perhaps militant atheists should practice what they preach and stop with the frivolous lawsuits, because you get offended by God references! And if you think that there is no difference between God and Lucifer, then I can't help you. As I stated to the other poster, that is YOUR opinion, it is not the belief of the majority in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies