Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 03:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFarrell View Post
What I find is lots of 'assuming' in your viewpoint...like many viewpoints in America over these two cases. This is why it pays to read and watch/listen to ALL positions in the News. (And why I like Data-forums for some 'fair and balanced' thinking and debate!)

"shot six times at a distance"
"Brown had his hands up"
Both these statements would be wrong if the gun was fired first in the officer's car...as some witnesses and autopsy reports seem to indicate.

"I highly doubt all of these women are lying." I guess you haven't spent much time in the TV/Movie/Music businesses or lived in 'Hollywood'...(Speaking from my own experiences.)
you seem to have enormous inside info on both subjects can you tell us how you come to have this data?
from the witnesses in ferguson? im sorry i am disappointed in the credibility of the witnesses.

State of Emergency in Ferguson; Missouri governor also sets curfew | Q13 FOX News

Old 11-23-2014, 03:40 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,369,132 times
Your question is racist as if liberals can't see past race. I don't follow the Ferguson incident but I think Bill Cosby is guilty based on the number of women who have surfaced. - a liberal

Old 11-23-2014, 03:50 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFarrell View Post
What I find is lots of 'assuming' in your viewpoint...like many viewpoints in America over these two cases. This is why it pays to read and watch/listen to ALL positions in the News. (And why I like Data-forums for some 'fair and balanced' thinking and debate!)

"shot six times at a distance"
"Brown had his hands up"
Both these statements would be wrong if the gun was fired first in the officer's car...as some witnesses and autopsy reports seem to indicate.

"I highly doubt all of these women are lying." I guess you haven't spent much time in the TV/Movie/Music businesses or lived in 'Hollywood'...(Speaking from my own experiences.)
The "hands up don't shoot" thing was a 100 percent fabrication told by his buddy who was busy running away at the time. Even if you watch the videos from that day people are saying "I heard this; I heard that." No one saw Brown with his hands up.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:51 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuDiBelle View Post
Liberals are incapable of objectivity. It is a contradiction of terms.
So are Conservatives. Both parties in incapable of objectivity. Both parties look out for #1. It is what it is.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:53 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,960,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Police officer Darren Wilson shoots an allegedly aggressive thug, and liberals and black people find him guilty of murder in the court of public opinion.

What about alleged sexual predator Bill Cosby? Do you folks find him guilty of rape in the same manner for which Darren Wilson has been deemed guilty?

I'll remind you that neither have been charged with a crime, but both are being held accountable for unproven wrongdoing.
Now what does Bill Cosby have to do with an "aggressive thug" other than skin color?

Quote:
It's a logical question and a test of your colorblind objectivity.
I bet you think of yourself as rather clever and typed that without any sense of irony.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:07 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Now what does Bill Cosby have to do with an "aggressive thug" other than skin color?

I bet you think of yourself as rather clever and typed that without any sense of irony.
Actually, the comparison is the comparative treatment of Wilson and Cosby. You can't follow along? Not my problem.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:16 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Personally, I don't know how to feel about either case. There is already alot of distrust and anger. I've tried to stay away from this Ferguson issues since September. Not just the media, but what people will say about it. I don't debate this issue because I don't know enough about it, and I don't trust anyone's version of it. Same goes for Bill Cosby. How do I know if he actually did this, or if people are coming out and accusing him of this stuff for some kind of gain. I also notice another actor long forgotten as far as allegations goes, Stephen Collins. Same has happened to Jeff Smith(The Frugal Gourmet). I don't know what to believe because everyone has a spin on it. It is all about agenda and nothing about getting to the facts. No trust, and alot of anger from everyone.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:25 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
First, who said that Wilson is "automatically guilty"? The request was for a fair trial, and to not have police go on a rampage and blast anyone they see with rubber bullets and tear gas.

Second, sure, in public opinion, Cosby is almost certainly guilty. I lost count of how many women have accused him by now.

In other words, you've got everything wrong, as usual.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:35 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,836,448 times
Different women spanning different generations, describing it all in detail and in near perfect agreement, suddenly decide to conspire to destroy this man?

Old 11-23-2014, 04:49 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,836,448 times
Quote:
Veteran NBC employee Frank Scotti says he helped Bill Cosby deliver thousands of dollars to eight different women in 1989-90 - including Shawn Thompson, whose daughter Autumn Jackson claimed the actor was her dad. The ex-aide also tells the Daily News he stood guard whenever Cosby invited young models to his dressing room, which eventually led him to quitting after years on the job.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2020464
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies