Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2014, 12:49 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What does this have to do with my response to another poster? I was asking someone else what they wanted to see happen.
Just a question......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 12:52 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Just a question......
I didn't "hear" Farrakhan but I am aware f what he said, and he said this AFTER the event took place. However, it has nothing to do with anything I said.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:59 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
I didn't "hear" Farrakhan but I am aware f what he said, and he said this AFTER the event took place. However, it has nothing to do with anything I said.
Really doesn't matter what the people want, look who President Obama is listening to......Al Sharpton.

The question you should be asking, "what do Black Leaders want to happen"......"What are Black Leaders pushing for!"

Old 12-03-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Really doesn't matter what the people want, look who President Obama is listening to......Al Sharpton.

The question you should be asking is what do Black Leaders want to happen......What are Black Leaders pushing for!
This is the thing. Until my question is answered, I'm not obliged to answer the question that has just been asked. In fact, a question mark should be used, not an exclamation point. I was asking someone else a question about their views. Said person mentioned something to the effect of "The media is afraid of the sleeping giant, the White race". It sounded like a thinly veiled threat. How is my question less important considering the tone of that person's post?

Old 12-03-2014, 06:51 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I hope they find the particular individuals that did this horrific crime. I have no issue what so ever with "vigilante justice" against them. But going after random black youths makes them no better than the animals that committed this crime in the first place. Or the ones that rioted and looted in Ferguson.
Perhaps-

We have MANY of these Catholic Bosnian immigrants in our state. They are pretty hard working, decent people, but live in the same neighborhoods, support each other, and get VERY VIOLENT when one of their own has been violated.

Again- I would VERY SURPRISED if several young black men were not dispatched in a similar manner, but in a larger numerical ratio. These folks tend not to take things lying down. Keep in mind that many (if not most) have military/combat experience and do not shy away from confrontation (this is why one white dude, with no weapons, was nt afraid to get out and confront 4-5 assailants).

Let the games begin. Where I went to highschool, the black thugs thought they were "bad" until they met the Mexicans from Chicago. Then they understood the concept of unrestricted violence and things changed. The blacks in St. Louis will now meet an ethnic group that will not accept "bad behavior" without severe consequences.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:01 PM

226 posts, read 284,991 times
Quote:
This is where I stand. The criminals who beat and murdered that Bosnian man, let them do the time. They deserved to be locked up for the rest of their lives. In fact, I think that is what will happen.

I also feel that the rest of the Black population should not be made to suffer for this. Let those who committed the crime pay the price.
Agreed.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:11 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Perhaps-

We have MANY of these Catholic Bosnian immigrants in our state. They are pretty hard working, decent people, but live in the same neighborhoods, support each other, and get VERY VIOLENT when one of their own has been violated.

Again- I would VERY SURPRISED if several young black men were not dispatched in a similar manner, but in a larger numerical ratio. These folks tend not to take things lying down. Keep in mind that many (if not most) have military/combat experience and do not shy away from confrontation (this is why one white dude, with no weapons, was nt afraid to get out and confront 4-5 assailants).

Let the games begin. Where I went to highschool, the black thugs thought they were "bad" until they met the Mexicans from Chicago. Then they understood the concept of unrestricted violence and things changed. The blacks in St. Louis will now meet an ethnic group that will not accept "bad behavior" without severe consequences.
Agreed but I DON'T want to see those Bosnians start hurting innocent people; that WOULD go AGAINST them very quick.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Perhaps-

What would be the point of randomly attacking a Black person for the stupidity of some other Black male? It's not going to send a message to the underclass persons involved in violent crime. One thing I know. Regular Black people vs underclass criminals.

Regular Black people aren't going to go out and randomly attack people. Underclass segment of the Black population will. And it is that segment of the population where you find Black on Black murders. If underclass Blacks are killing each other, what makes you think a few Bosnians attacking them will set them straight? Underclass Blacks have met other groups who will use as much violence as they will. Hasn't worked. In many cases, it turns into gang wars. Look at Los Angeles. Gang wars between Blacks and Mexicans. Black gang members and Mexican gang members killing each other. However, the regular Black people who have nothing to do with that are the ones suffering the most. Some have been killed. It is one part of why Blacks are leaving California. People who live by the sword and die by the sword do not care. The ones who just want to work hard and lead a decent life suffer the most.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed but I DON'T want to see those Bosnians start hurting innocent people; that WOULD go AGAINST them very quick.
I feel the same way. What those hood rats did was wrong, and they are going to face the justice system for it. Let the justice system do its job. Going out and randomly attacking people out of revenge is only going to get people hurt. It will make them look really bad. Defending one's self is one thing. Random attacks, that is as bad as what those boys did.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:11 PM

29,543 posts, read 19,636,351 times
Quote:
Perhaps-

I went to high school in Chicago back in the mid to late 80's and remember all that (Latin Kings vs Disciples), but mostly Latin King Hispanics fought Hispanic factions of the Disciples (MLD's SD's). There was a lot of racial tensions on the South Side and also on the Lower West Side around Farragut High School back in the early 90s between African Americans and Mexicans.
Racial Strife Runs Deep At High School - Chicago Tribune

Now, I am a high school teacher in a community in the suburbs, that has many Serbians, and also Bosnian Muslims who arrived here after the civil war in the 90's. They have strong family ties, very religious (be it either Orthodox Christian or Muslim), and generally proud honorable people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies