Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 11:27 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
No, man threatening neighbors with deadly weapons who let his dog out of the house killed his own little dog.
No, he did not. The cops shot that dog with some lame ass excuse about it being a "distraction". They will make any excuse to shoot things these days. They are out of control, and need to be reeled in instead of having a bunch of cheerleaders who support every little thing they do, even when totally wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 11:35 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No, he did not. The cops shot that dog with some lame ass excuse about it being a "distraction". They will make any excuse to shoot things these days. They are out of control, and need to be reeled in instead of having a bunch of cheerleaders who support every little thing they do, even when totally wrong.
Since I don't see cops out shooting up neighborhoods willy nilly, they aren't using "any excuse" to shoot things, now, are they?

I don't support everything cops do. But I do hold people accountable for their actions. A man was threatening his neighbors. If he didn't do that, the SWAT officers wouldn't be there at all. A man opened his door and let his dog out. If he didn't do that, the dog wouldn't have been shot. I manage to open my front door quite a few times a day, and none of my 3 dogs ever runs out. I also don't have a front yard crawling with SWAT officers, because I don't tend to threaten my neighbors with weapons.

Perhaps the man making the threats let his dog out to actually be a distraction?

Again, I don't agree with every little thing that cops do. Far from it. But I do defend them against those that seem to support every little thing that criminals do.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:43 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Since I don't see cops out shooting up neighborhoods willy nilly, they aren't using "any excuse" to shoot things, now, are they?

I don't support everything cops do. But I do hold people accountable for their actions. A man was threatening his neighbors. If he didn't do that, the SWAT officers wouldn't be there at all. A man opened his door and let his dog out. If he didn't do that, the dog wouldn't have been shot. I manage to open my front door quite a few times a day, and none of my 3 dogs ever runs out. I also don't have a front yard crawling with SWAT officers, because I don't tend to threaten my neighbors with weapons.

Perhaps the man making the threats let his dog out to actually be a distraction?

Again, I don't agree with every little thing that cops do. Far from it. But I do defend them against those that seem to support every little thing that criminals do.
As far as I see it, when you make excuses, you are part of the problem. How many threads to you need that talk about cops shooting unarmed people? How many threads do you need about how many dogs they shoot? How many threads do you need about how they kill people with unreasonable force, before you stop apologizing for these thugs with badges. That is what they are, nothing but a bunch of thugs.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:46 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
A man opened his door and let his dog out. If he didn't do that, the dog wouldn't have been shot.
and maybe it is about time for these cops to receive better training. First, fix their eyes. Stop shooting a little dog posing no threat. The dog was not carrying a real or a fake gun.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:53 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
A man opened his door and let his dog out. If he didn't do that, the dog wouldn't have been shot ....
He didn't just let the dog out. In addition to threatening to shoot the cops, he's been threatening to order his dog to attack them - then he let the dog out.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:54 AM

Plus, these are SWAT teams, don't they wear bullet proof vests? Unless the neighborhood has suicide bomber or road side bombs, these SWAT team members are relatively safe. This is after all an American neighborhood.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:56 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Plus, these are SWAT teams, don't they wear bullet proof vests? .
They are only vests. Many a cop or soldier has died from a bullet shot outside the vest area.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They are only vests. Many a cop or soldier has died from a bullet shot outside the vest area.
Cops are not soldiers. They are only fooling themselves if they think their jobs are as dangerous as combat soldiers. I am sure the bullet proof vests are good enough for them in American neighborhoods.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:00 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Good thing the dog didn't shoot em.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:06 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
He didn't just let the dog out. In addition to threatening to shoot the cops, he's been threatening to order his dog to attack them - then he let the dog out.
LOL, really? That dog looked to be all of 20 pounds!

Since when is a dog strolling down a walkway equal attack mode?

Bunch of wussie cops...........................

One of them could have reached down and picked the little dog up, for god's sake.

There were enough SWAT members for one of them to afford to be 'distracted'.

I'm telling you, if these big guys, armed to the teeth, wearing bullet-proof vests are afraid of a 20 pound dog, then NONE of us should take the chance of walking around our neighborhoods!

Too dangerous!.......LOL

Everyone! Stay in your domiciles! Get your groceries delivered! Work from home on your laptop!

It is SO DANGEROUS OUTSIDE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies