Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 05:13 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,780,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How do you justify an animal not under the control of its owner? I am not making excuses for the cops. I wasn't there. I don't even know their side of it. What is obvious in the video is that the dog was not under control.
Neither were the cops. But they have a badge and a gun. The little dog, not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 05:17 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,909,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Yeah it is terrible.

Look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EMweCaoaP8

MOLON LABE !!

Old 12-01-2014, 05:18 PM

406 posts, read 283,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
trigger happy creep!! Dog did no harm!! We are getting militarized here in America.. my small community , one square mile has 40 military vehicles.. something is up and I don't like it!
That's what the widow Eleanor always said about her standard Schnauzer that attacked everyone at work, including me EVERY SINGLE time you went there. He would attack boots, ankles, calves and pant legs OFTEN drawing blood. I, nor anyone whom I work with was never so glad for her to have to finally go to the nursing home and the little bastard went bye bye because he was an UNFIT pet for anyone else to handle. He would even attack you from behind with your hands completely full.....sometimes even going up and down the stairs.

PUT HIM UP already........damn!!

Old 12-01-2014, 05:25 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,666,654 times
Quote:
I do know that if the owner had his animal under control it would be alive today.
I realize this might be hard for you to do, but give it a try.

Pretend you are in your house. For whatever reason, there are now eight or ten SWAT members, loaded for bear, getting ready to storm your house; bullhorns, screaming, yelling, you are terrified, maybe there are other people or children in the house who are screaming and crying.

In a situation like that, is your first thought to get your dog 'under control'?

Do you really think this guy was thinking coherently?

Maybe under normal circumstances this person always had control of his dog. You don't know, and neither do I.

Stop with the holier than thou attitude.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:26 PM

39,315 posts, read 27,692,603 times
Oh No!!!!

cops, please watch the Monty Python, self-defense against fresh fruits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piWCBOsJr-w

Old 12-01-2014, 05:37 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,780,433 times
Quote:
I do know that if the owner had his animal under control it would be alive today.
And I do know if the SWAT was under control, the little dog would be alive today.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I realize this might be hard for you to do, but give it a try.

Pretend you are in your house. For whatever reason, there are now eight or ten SWAT members, loaded for bear, getting ready to storm your house; bullhorns, screaming, yelling, you are terrified, maybe there are other people or children in the house who are screaming and crying.

In a situation like that, is your first thought to get your dog 'under control'?

Do you really think this guy was thinking coherently?

Maybe under normal circumstances this person always had control of his dog. You don't know, and neither do I.

Stop with the holier than thou attitude.
Yes, that is what responsible dog owners should in fact do. I do myself when anyone they do not know HAS to enter.

Quote:
Oh No!!!!

cops, please watch the Monty Python, self-defense against fresh fruits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piWCBOsJr-w
Or NAVY SEALs......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjgNT8FCLVM

U.S. Marines......U.S. Army as well.

Ask brother!

Old 12-01-2014, 05:40 PM

39,315 posts, read 27,692,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volts View Post

U.S. Marines......U.S. Army as well.

Ask brother!
hey hey hey!!!!! Marines and Navy Seals and Army are totally different

They went through tough training to earn the title.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
hey hey hey!!!!! Marines and Navy Seals and Army are totally different

They went through tough training to earn the title.
Yes, but THIS Marine understands what the Police did and WHY.

If the dog is loose, it's a THREAT.

I posted a clip of some U.S. Army infantry offing a Iraqi's canine a few pages back in similar circumstances. It's standard procedure........

Old 12-01-2014, 05:46 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,666,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volts View Post
Yes, that is what responsible dog owners should in fact do. I do myself when anyone they do not know HAS to enter.
Oh, please. Expecting a plumber or electrician to enter your home is just a tad different from having a SWAT team threatening to beat your door down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies