Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2014, 06:00 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've seen no explanation. Is this how it works in NYC?
The police union indicated it is normal procedure to wait for the EMT's, I would expect that some are trained to administer CPR. Someone stops breathing and they just stand around and watch when every second matters, the EMT's didn't seem to be in a big hurry when they came on site.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:10 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Sounds like a good issue to take up with the New York State legislature in Albany.

Now what does this have to do with a guy resisting arrest?
What it has to do with it is as I said. It should have never happened in the first place. Tackling and choking someone over selling loose cigarette's on a street corner. Did you answer how you justify that?

Old 12-06-2014, 06:11 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The police union indicated it is normal procedure to wait for the EMT's, I would expect that some are trained to administer CPR. Someone stops breathing and they just stand around and watch when every second matters, the EMT's didn't seem to be in a big hurry when they came on site.
The link I posted earlier said they all are trained in CPR. Even at that, it doesn't explain why the EMT's didn't administer it to him.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:36 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,502,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Usually, huh, and how do you know that, how do you know police procedures....like I said once before, b/c this Eric had a health problem, a taser might have killed him also.....

your always making excuses, always searching for another way it could be done....whataya think, when a cop faces a criminal he stands there and goes....."hummmmm, now how am I going to handle this"
You people are the perfect example of a huge lack of intelligence....

if you or anyone else here would stay out of trouble, to begin with and follow the laws, like most Americans do, you wouldn't have problems like this....
Police Brutality...my butt.....
this is nothing but a complete war on law enforcement, b/c you simply believe it's ok to break laws....and do what you please....

I wish these police leaders would grow a set, and tell people, ok, from now on, you start any trouble, you riot, your going to be shot on sight of turning over a police car, breaking store front windows and entering into stores and looting....stealing, selling drugs and what ever ya'll do. It's freakin illegal! What gives you the right to break laws!!!!!

That would be justice!!!!!!!!
Another rant because your son's a cop.

In your cops are right no matter what world, it's too much to expect one of them to actually think "hummmmm, now how am I going to handle this" when trying to arrest in a non-violent situation. Choke-em, jump on 'em, and let 'em die.

Your imaginary world where 'just follow the law' is the answer to police violence is so dense, I wonder if you're simply pulling our legs.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:23 AM

25,841 posts, read 16,517,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You don't know that at all. From what I've read so far that is a statement you can not factually make. Seems like the only charges presented to the jury was whether or not the cop meant to kill him. Of course he didn't which is why you offer other alternatives.
Of course you are right, that is why the cop has been arrested.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:24 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,332,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Another rant because your son's a cop.

In your cops are right no matter what world, it's too much to expect one of them to actually think "hummmmm, now how am I going to handle this" when trying to arrest in a non-violent situation. Choke-em, jump on 'em, and let 'em die.

Your imaginary world where 'just follow the law' is the answer to police violence is so dense, I wonder if you're simply pulling our legs.
Why so harsh????

I am sure there is some truth that Crème sees things from her son's side.

She has also said many times there are bad cops.

Last edited by Driller1; 12-06-2014 at 07:41 AM..

Old 12-06-2014, 07:26 AM

25,841 posts, read 16,517,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Why so harsh????

She has also said many time there are bad cops.
We need the bad cops too, to put real fear into some of these guys. And they make the good cops look that much better.

A tiny percentage of cops could be considered "bad". A much smaller percentage than any other organization I bet.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:54 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,502,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Why so harsh????

She has also said many times there are bad cops.
Harsh ? I was polite, considering she suggests shooting on sight anyone who steals, sells drugs And pretends that cops never misbehave toward law-abiding citizens.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:39 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balddude View Post
I have most respect for the law enforcement and appreciate their help when we need them, but police brutality is wrong and should not be tolerated. The reputation of good officers get damaged because of the crooked *** ones, that would cause people and children to lose trust in the legal service like the protesters who are black, white, brown, and etc around this country protesting because of the incidents happening between white male police officers and black men plus they are demanding change to the judicial system. I mean lets be real here, we all here stories about some crooked *** cops to use excessive force like dragging a person out of their car during a traffic stop. Shooting of unarmed people when they should have used a non lethal weapon. It's a fact law enforcement treat black men differently than white men. Most of the time the police use excessive force on black men if they are resisting arrest by punching them, kicking them and if they unarmed, shoot the suspect multiple times or chocked the suspect to death.

In my opinion, their are laws made to hold people back from their personal freedoms. I do not find myself above the law, or do I think it is necessarily right to ignore the law. However, some laws are outdated or made by people who do not know the inner workings of the society they govern.

Lol @ you assuming I stay in trouble and breaking the law is ok, is it because I'm black? Just kidding

Well I made some stupid decisions back in my day and I learned from my mistakes.

As stated...good and bad in every profession. Youth still needs to be told to respect the law. What I am seeing is African American youth particularly in Ferguson and on social media are being preached to hate police officers which in turn will result in resistance to arrests if someone is committing a crime which in turn may end up the same with injury or death. This goes for white youth as well as black youth. Respect authority and most likely you will do OK. Be respectful and ask questions later. If dettained for no good reason than sue.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:42 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
At the very least, the brutality of this crime by some of the officers can be seen. One thing I noticed was Mr. Garner reaching a hand out, with those officers on top of him, & around his neck, seems like he was reaching out for someone to help him.

Wonder why there is no evidence of cell phone photo or ANYTHING in the case of Michael Brown.

Technology helps. Police that become thugs may no longer hide behind the old atta boy network.

Still, kudos to all the Police, Firemen, EMTS, dispatchers, etc., that do such a great job!!!!!!!
There may be , in fact I speculate there are quite a few but it may not show what the persons taking the video wanted it to show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies