Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2014, 10:56 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

When Obama says something I believe the opposite. Just like Obama told us our rates would go down and the opposite happened, just like Obama said he would be transparent and he is the opposite, below Obama is trying to tell people to reject those voices who warn them of tyranny.

Unfortunately, you've grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that's at the root of all our problems. Some of these same voices also do their best to gum up the works. They'll warn that tyranny always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices. Because what they suggest is that our brave, and creative, and unique experiment in self-rule is somehow just a sham with which we can't be trusted.
-- Barack Obama

Government (people who want power and wealth) can't be trusted. Anyone who believes they can is a fool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 11:16 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
No it wasn't. He is right. You just came in with a all or none comment. He never said NO government, he is making a comment that there are:

1. people who are too dumb to know they are being played.
2. Other people willingly give away our freedoms as long as government throws them a few bones.

Government knows it too. Keep em stupid and give them a few freebies, keep em dependent and government will have full control. That's exactly where we are.
So what freebies do the GOP give their supports to keep them stupid and voting for them?

Old 12-10-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So what freebies do the GOP give their supports to keep them stupid and voting for them?
Your right, I should have said the left... Democrats in concert with the liberal media who keep em stupid, uninformed, dependent.

Did you get your Obamaphone, Obamacare subsidy. hmm, I should quit working and join the party. Why bust my ass anymore when I can get it for free.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:23 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
The South lost the war, let it go.

Your the one that said it never worked.
It took violence, to win & lose.

Did they lose, or is the war still waging with the rolls reversed?

The chains on the federal government have been broken again.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Your right, I should have said the left... Democrats in concert with the liberal media who keep em stupid, uninformed, dependent.

Did you get your Obamaphone, Obamacare subsidy. hmm, I should quit working and join the party. Why bust my ass anymore when I can get it for free.
So what free gifts does the GOP give to their supporters to keep them stupid and dependent on the GOP?

Old 12-10-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Your the one that said it never worked.

Did they lose, or is the war still waging with the rolls reversed?

The chains on the federal government have been broken again.
So you are in support of the protestors. I wouldn't have pegged you as a Ferguson supporter.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
So what free gifts does the GOP give to their supporters to keep them stupid and dependent on the GOP?
Oh come on LOL, you can do better than that.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Oh come on LOL, you can do better than that.
And yet you think the Democrats give out freebies to keep their supporters. The government never gave me a phone, does that mean I should support the GOP until they do?

Old 12-10-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
And yet you think the Democrats give out freebies to keep their supporters. The government never gave me a phone, does that mean I should support the GOP until they do?
I'll bet you and your brother are getting a Obamacare subsidy.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:32 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Are you afraid that the government has become increasingly totalitarian and tyrannical?
Actually, nothing has changed since 1776 and the Declaration of Independence. Governments instituted in America have two jobs:
1. Secure rights, and
2. Govern those who consent.
Caveat - consent waives job #1.
No servant government can infringe rights except in pursuit of justice (on behalf of an injured party) or by consent. If there’s no injured party, look to consent, for the authority of the government to act.

Thus most "unconstitutional" laws only apply to those who already consented, and thus waived rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies