Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 01:50 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Did you really feel the need to define debt to income ???????????????????????????

anyways, your argument was that people couldnt run to banks and ask for more money, they obviously can, you cant add parameters to your argument after the fact.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that Petch's argument was that we couldn't DEMAND more money. Let's check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I say let it shut down. As I said, if you or me run out of money we can't go to the bank and "demand" more money. If we don't have the money to pay the bills they shut the service down.

Why is it that government can? Why is it more popular to give them more. And as you all can see they haven't learned, they never will if we keep this going. The only way they will learn to control their spending is for the people to say no more. Get the government house in order.
Yep, there it is, second sentence:

Quote:
As I said, if you or me run out of money we can't go to the bank and "demand" more money.
Hmm, reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. Then again, can't expect much out of someone who still apparently believes that the Republicans are the ones who shut down the government and ignores that fact that the Democrats could have kept it running last time - just like they could keep it running this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Well Gruber did say that the American voter (meaning those who vote Democrat) are economic illeterates.

And NO people can't just run to the banks to get more money. They can ASK but they can't DEMAND. Banks use the debt to income ratio to determine if they will loan the money.
He was talking about Republicans, He specifically said those who run scared from the word tax. So you keep digging that hole.

as for your Bank argument, obviously you cant demand it, but you have the opportunity to ask which directly conflicts with your argument which was basically that once you run out of money, you just run out.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:51 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
I dont know what it includes, its "1600" pages. But it doesnt matter if it includes the spending she wants, there are 234 Republicans in the House.

You cant blame Democrats because your own party cant get 218 of 234 to vote for a bill

Why we are constantly in this position time and time again. Why doesn't government do what we must do. Spend less than we bring in. No, instead attack anyone that says whoa... get some control of your spending.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Actually, I'm pretty sure that Petch's argument was that we couldn't DEMAND more money. Let's check.

Yep, there it is, second sentence:

Hmm, reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. Then again, can't expect much out of someone who still apparently believes that the Republicans are the ones who shut down the government and ignores that fact that the Democrats could have kept it running last time - just like they could keep it running this time.
I comprehended his post just fine, His overall logic was flawed.

The same goes with your "Democrats could save us all from a shut down". Because you seem to be trying your best to skip over the fact that Republicans have the first chance at saving us from that shut down in both cases by simply getting 218 of 234.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
He was talking about Republicans, He specifically said those who run scared from the word tax. So you keep digging that hole.

as for your Bank argument, obviously you cant demand it, but you have the opportunity to ask which directly conflicts with your argument which was basically that once you run out of money, you just run out.
omg. EXACTLY! Once you run out and can't get more you run out. Why can government keep DEMANDING that we go in debt even more instead of getting their spending under control? Unless of course they see the American people as their piggy bank.

To defend all this government spending is naive at best.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:53 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
You do realize the bill that isnt going to pass is a budget one right, so obviously they havent been approving budgets.
Last I checked - spending bills go through the House, Senate, and President - right? House - controlled by the right. President - is the left. Sounds like both are involved.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Why we are constantly in this position time and time again. Why doesn't government do what we must do. Spend less than we bring in. No, instead attack anyone that says whoa... get some control of your spending.
Thats not what we are debating here, or atleast that isnt what im debating.

Im debating you blaming Democrats.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
I comprehended his post just fine, His overall logic was flawed.

The same goes with your "Democrats could save us all from a shut down". Because you seem to be trying your best to skip over the fact that Republicans have the first chance at saving us from that shut down in both cases by simply getting 218 of 234.
Let the freakin money grubbing spendaholic behemoth government shut down! It's about damn time they learn to control their spending. What part don't you get?

Old 12-11-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Last I checked - spending bills go through the House, Senate, and President - right? House - controlled by the right. President - is the left. Sounds like both are involved.
It cant get to the President's desk unless it passes the House. So your argument doesnt make sense.

Its not like 2 of the 3 can agree to it and then it be put into place, it takes all 3 and in a specific order.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:56 PM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Shutting down the government is a conservative thing.
Wrong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies