Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 02:47 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It cant get to the President's desk unless it passes the House. So your argument doesnt make sense.

Its not like 2 of the 3 can agree to it and then it be put into place, it takes all 3 and in a specific order.
I know. Wouldn't it be hilarious if Obama vetoed it and forced real compromise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 02:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Obama has said he will sign the bill agreed to and Pelosi is said to be furious. I think he is playing the hand voters dealt to him and Pelosi is dreaming of other days when they ignored Republican input. These are not those days when they went for no compromise then loss next two election cycles.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Republicans have a majority and can move anything they want forward. They do not need Democrats.
Thats not true..

First they arent a majority until January
and second, bills can still be help up in committees

Old 12-11-2014, 02:55 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,216,195 times
Well last time I checked- everyone rose up in 2010 to put control of the Budget in the hands of House Republicans. And they maintained that control in 2012. So why are you blaming Dems for the fact that the budget is such a stinker that their own majority won't vote for it. Boehner can pass a bill without one single Dem vote as long as he carries 93% of his own caucus. In my high school that was a B.

So basically it is Pelosi's fault that the current Speaker of the House is not a B student?

I almost wish for a Tea Party takeover because at least they would get military spending under control. For the last decade that has simply been punted aside as everyone pretended the cost of our middle east campaigns had no part whatsoever in the burgeoning debt. They're also back door modifying policy they don't want to admit to in broad daylight. So just slash funding for EPA enforcement and reduce Wall Street requirements here as opposed to having a public debate about them. Last I checked my taxes are still paying off the last decade's debacle by all the Wall Street geniuses.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Shutting down the government is a conservative thing.
Democrats shut it down last time, and under Clinton by failing to pass a funding bill

Doesnt really matter, I'm not sure why Democrats are so afraid of government shut down.. I mean really..

Old 12-11-2014, 02:59 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,216,195 times
Everyone keeps saying Rs aren't in the majority but in the House they very much are. So why not pass what they can pass and let the Senate know that's as good as it gets?

Besides- I think Obama is only saying he'll vote for it to embarrass Boehner if it doesn't move forward. He'll get a better deal out of this Congress than the next so I'm sure he's fine with taking whatever he gets.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:11 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,567 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You better read up instead of listening to liberals. Here is one example

It was defeated 2-413, following a pattern seen in recent years in House votes to overwhelmingly reject Obama's budget proposals.

I'll bet the 2 who voted for Obama's budget proposal was Reid and Pelosi.

Now can we get past this partisan BS and get to the REAL ISSUE? OUT OF CONTROL GOVERNMENT SPENDING
Nothing in your post contradicted what i said in mine, so why exactly are you telling me to "read up" ?????

also, im about 99% sure the vote you speak of is a House vote and Harry Reid is a Senator, which either way, has nothing to do with my post.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,567 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You are the Gruber's target market.

Republicans won't be the majority, until January next year.
Republicans are already in the Majority in the House of Representatives and have been since January 3rd of 2011.

Did you seriously believe Nancy Pelosi was still the Speaker of the House, or did you mistakenly think we were talking about the senate ?????

Old 12-11-2014, 03:14 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
I agree, allow the government to shut down!
BUT WAIT!!
THIS time, let's make sure that Presidents Park is shut down and CLOSED, just like all other National Parks will be!
Where will the current tenants live? I don't care, it is not my problem, they are millionaires, they can go to the nearest LaQuinta Inn for all I care!

Old 12-11-2014, 03:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
No one reads news on announcements it seems and just writes what they might have yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies