Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2014, 08:00 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
We shouldn't but once the kids are here society must take over if the parents won't. It's not the kids' fault. Perhaps we should simply not let people keep their babies if they cannot afford them with so many who can afford them who want to adopt babies. Perhaps being able to support your children should be a requirement for getting to keep your children.
Wow, so not only do you want to tell women what they can and cannot do with their bodies, now you are advocating taking children away from their parents if they are poor and giving those children to people who have money. Do you hear yourself? Is that really the kind of place you want America to become? I have no words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Many many babies of non drug addicted women are killed every year when the demand for adoptable babies is high.
So because some people want babies and can't have them, every women who becomes pregnant but doesn't want a child (or in your scenario above, is too poor to be allowed to keep it) must then be forced to bear that child for those who are childless.

Lady, I do not want to live in the society you envision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 08:01 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,826,650 times
I don't care, I'd rather see women get abortions than have more kids they can't afford or deal with.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:28 AM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Did that photo I posted look like a "blob of cells" to you? Looks like a baby, to me (though small).

Didn't we just have a doctor (his name slips me) convicted recently for performing abortions on near term mothers? Or wasn't he a "real doctor?" This was a huge scandal, and his crimes very grisly.

Gosnell!! Surely you remember him.
gosnell was a criminal with a doctors degree. as was asked of you before, just try to find an abortion clinic that will abort your healthy baby at 8 or 9 months for no medical reason whatsoever. you won't find one unless you dig in the dirt and come up with another gosnell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It is if you have unprotected sex. You are essentially saying yes to pregnancy then. Yes, it is unfortunate that killing the unborn is legal. It doesn't take a perfect world for humans to act responsibly. It's mixing apples with oranges to claim that being opposed to abortion is in conflict with also being opposed to the taxpayer having to support them. Adoption is always a viable option.
saying yes to sex in your world may be saying yes to pregnancy but not in my world. BC fails and if one gets pregnant why should she have a pregnancy she was avoiding in the first place? some women do not want to be pregnant ever. nor should they be. to be so flippant as to suggest adoption as an easy fix is cavailer at best. a good deal of women could not adopt out their baby just as a good deal couldn not abort. it is about personal choice and that belongs to the individual.

Quote:
She should have worried about and protected her own body before allowing herself to become pregnant. By not doing so and creating a new life there are two to consider here. It's not just about her. WTH does your last sentence even mean?
my last sentence was a question really, why does betty/sue or what ever name a woman has that you do not know, will never know. why is her personal life and what she does with her body be any business of yours?

Quote:
Nonsense. We all have the ability to reason and act responsibly. Stop making excuses for those who refuse to do that. If one doesn't believe in birth control then they shouldn't rely on the taxpayer to support their broods but figure out a way to support them themselves. We shouldn't have to pay for anyone's personal beliefs.
yes people should be responsible but some are not. just like then men who skip out on child support and leave a mom with scant resources. would you rather these women and their children just be homeless. you know she made her bed now they need to live in it. such compassion

Old 12-24-2014, 10:45 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
gosnell was a criminal with a doctors degree. as was asked of you before, just try to find an abortion clinic that will abort your healthy baby at 8 or 9 months for no medical reason whatsoever. you won't find one unless you dig in the dirt and come up with another gosnell.

saying yes to sex in your world may be saying yes to pregnancy but not in my world. BC fails and if one gets pregnant why should she have a pregnancy she was avoiding in the first place? some women do not want to be pregnant ever. nor should they be. to be so flippant as to suggest adoption as an easy fix is cavailer at best. a good deal of women could not adopt out their baby just as a good deal couldn not abort. it is about personal choice and that belongs to the individual.

my last sentence was a question really, why does betty/sue or what ever name a woman has that you do not know, will never know. why is her personal life and what she does with her body be any business of yours?

yes people should be responsible but some are not. just like then men who skip out on child support and leave a mom with scant resources. would you rather these women and their children just be homeless. you know she made her bed now they need to live in it. such compassion
Nice strawman argument there. Most BC methods do not fail. Killing human babies should be everyone's business just as the Ten Commandents that speak out about it and our laws against killing. It's not just "her" body involved. There is another body/life involved here. Where does she get off "choosing" to take her own child's life? I don't know what you mean that she may not be able to adopt it out. That's an agreement made with an adoption agency prior to her giving birth.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:02 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:

Killing the innocent is a personal choice that belongs to the individual? I suppose "honor killing" should also be considered "a personal choice that belongs to the individual" too.

Why don't we just legalize murder (we already have, in abortion)? After all, if you don't want someone around anymore ... just "off them." Sounds like a perfectly reasonable way to deal with liberals.

As to your last question, the problem is not what she does with her body. It is what she is doing to another's; i.e. ripping it apart and disposing of it as though it was just so much garbage. You can't dismiss the grisly nature of abortion, and the only way you people can live with yourselves is that you have dehumanized the innocent child, and that's why you refuse to recognize that it is anything but a "blob of flesh." This is so evil and barbaric there are no words to describe it. What makes you better than the terrorists who kill, and behead even children? I see no difference.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Nice strawman argument there. Most BC methods do not fail. Killing human babies should be everyone's business just as the Ten Commandents that speak out about it and our laws against killing. It's not just "her" body involved. There is another body/life involved here. Where does she get off "choosing" to take her own child's life? I don't know what you mean that she may not be able to adopt it out. That's an agreement made with an adoption agency prior to her giving birth.
like it or not BC does fail. you want to put your head in the sand about it, fine by me. it does not change the fact that it does fail. as long as a fetus needs a woman's womb to grow to birth it IS the woman's body to do with as she wishes.

adoption, let me type this slowly so you will understand. most women who go through pregnancy, labor and deliver a child will not give it up for adoption. women who do not want to be pregnant are under no obligation to go through a pregnancy just to give babies to people who can't have them biologically. women are not breeders for other people.

Quote:
Killing the innocent is a personal choice that belongs to the individual? I suppose "honor killing" should also be considered "a personal choice that belongs to the individual" too.

honor killings are done on a fully developed person living a life not a fetus in a womb a person born is completely different than a fetus that is developing. don't play dumb.

Why don't we just legalize murder (we already have, in abortion)? After all, if you don't want someone around anymore ... just "off them." Sounds like a perfectly reasonable way to deal with liberals.

again, playing dumb?

As to your last question, the problem is not what she does with her body. It is what she is doing to another's; i.e. ripping it apart and disposing of it as though it was just so much garbage. You can't dismiss the grisly nature of abortion, and the only way you people can live with yourselves is that you have dehumanized the innocent child, and that's why you refuse to recognize that it is anything but a "blob of flesh." This is so evil and barbaric there are no words to describe it. What makes you better than the terrorists who kill, and behead even children? I see no difference.
women are not stupid. we know what abortion is. you may see no difference in abortion and terrorist, so if you don't like abortion. don't have one.

Old 12-24-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
like it or not BC does fail. you want to put your head in the sand about it, fine by me. it does not change the fact that it does fail. as long as a fetus needs a woman's womb to grow to birth it IS the woman's body to do with as she wishes.

adoption, let me type this slowly so you will understand. most women who go through pregnancy, labor and deliver a child will not give it up for adoption. women who do not want to be pregnant are under no obligation to go through a pregnancy just to give babies to people who can't have them biologically. women are not breeders for other people.

women are not stupid. we know what abortion is. you may see no difference in abortion and terrorist, so if you don't like abortion. don't have one.
I never said that BC doesn't sometimes fail but that is not the usual nor is it the case most of the time for women who abort. They simply didn't protect themselves and act irresponsibly. There is no logic in your statement that since a fetus needs a woman's womb to grow in that it isn't a life and that it is just her body involved.

Oh I see, if a woman gives birth to her child instead of aborting it the mother in her just might want to keep it and we can't have that, can we? Better to kill it instead so she wont' be able to feel that normal feeling of love for your own child. Can't have her feel guilty either for giving it up for adoption.

Giving birth to a baby that one doesn't want to keep has nothing to do with bearing a child for someone else. One didn't get pregnant for that purpose but out of irresponsibility. It's about the baby's right to life, period.

Old 12-24-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:

Old 12-24-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I never said that BC doesn't sometimes fail but that is not the usual nor is it the case most of the time for women who abort. They simply didn't protect themselves and act irresponsibly. There is no logic in your statement that since a fetus needs a woman's womb to grow in that it isn't a life and that it is just her body involved.

Oh I see, if a woman gives birth to her child instead of aborting it the mother in her just might want to keep it and we can't have that, can we? Better to kill it instead so she wont' be able to feel that normal feeling of love for your own child. Can't have her feel guilty either for giving it up for adoption.

Giving birth to a baby that one doesn't want to keep has nothing to do with bearing a child for someone else. One didn't get pregnant for that purpose but out of irresponsibility. It's about the baby's right to life, period.
I never said it wasn't a "life" it is potential life. it does not truly live till it is born. it can not "live" if a woman does not want to bear a pregnancy.

I also never said woman who give birth and keep the child is a bad thing it is about choice and a woman has 3. none of which is my business or yours unless you are the one who is pregnant.

a fetus has no rights and neither does a "baby" until it is born.

in america no woman should give birth against her will. no matter if she got pregnant "irresponsibly" or not.

Old 12-24-2014, 12:46 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
I never said it wasn't a "life" it is potential life. it does not truly live till it is born. it can not "live" if a woman does not want to bear a pregnancy.
It is clearly a life. There is no scientific medical question to that. That it is a life is an indisputable fact. Now if you want to argue that you do not believe it's a separate human life worthy of the same protection as a born person, you can argue that but it's clearly a life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies