Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2014, 01:27 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,101,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Hmmmm...didn't a young teacher die not too long ago from complications from an abortion? I guess we should outlaw it....
Did I say childbirth should be outlawed?

I am not the one who wants to take choice away from women, that would be you and others like you.

You want to take all of the risks and carry a pregnancy to term? Have at it. Your body, your choice.

If I decide I don't want to take those risks, I will abort, MY body, MY choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again, you are talking about remote cases. Should everyone abort because there is the remote chance they might die or have complications from childbirth? Please..........you're grasping at straws again. Doctors can monitor and detect any possible complications and they will take every step to prevent problems. Our medical technology today is superior. Killing an unborn child is a big deal also but apparently not to you. You're just tossing out everything negative and just hoping your remote and ridiculous claims will stick. I'm done listening to your nonsense.
Women dying from pregnancy is not ridiculous......it is a FACT, even with the best doctors on earth.

Legal, safe abortion is much safer and has very few, if any, complications.

The risks I decide to take with my health are my business, not yours.

Old 12-26-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Biologically, sex is for procreation. That's why sex leads to pregnancy. It's not a matter of opinion. If a person doesn't want to ever have children, then he or she should get sterilized. If someone wants to have sex but simply doesn't want to have children at that time in their life, he or she still needs to be prepared for a possible pregnancy. If a person has not thought about the repercussions of sex, then he or she is mentally immature and really shouldn't be having sex, but I recognize that many still will anyway.

It's a good idea to have your views about abortion worked out well before you engage in sexual activity. If you believe that your offspring are deserving of life and protection, then if you get pregnant you should be willing to take your child to term.
Sterilization is a good idea.....now all you need to do is to get the medical community on board. Make sure anyone 18 or older can get sterilized on demand.

As it is, sterilization is not an option during the most fertile years of one's life. It is virtually impossible to find a doctor who will sterilize someone who doesn't already have kids or is close to 30 years old.

And no, having sex does not mean I need to be prepared to carry a pregnancy to term, anymore than climbing a set of stairs means I need to be prepared to live with a mangled, broken arm for the rest of my life.

Accidents happen, and in both cases, doctors can mitigate the damages.

Old 12-26-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
The woman should have a choice. I just think many have an uniformed view of abortion and I reject the growing trend of equating a fetus to a parasite. A fetus is a person's offspring. It should be expected that a healthy minded person would want to protect his or her offspring, not do it harm or destroy it. Abortion should be seen as a last choice, but for too many, it's seen as a form of birth control.
Healthy mined women don't abort? That's your opinion.

Healthy minded women don't bring unwanted children into the world. My opinion.

Old 12-26-2014, 02:34 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,369,540 times
Quote:
Everyone has a choice except the person doing the dying here. You see the tiny life doesn't have a voice yet so since it can't complain so we have the right to kill it. After all, it can't protest and if it doesn't protest how do you really know what it wanted?
Actual video has shown that the tiny baby does protest. These videos show defensive actions by the fetus. They may not have a voice, but they do fight.

Abortion is barbaric, and disgusting. It is a very grisly thing. Everyone who is pro-abortion, or contemplating abortion should be forced to watch some of these videos. They should also be forced to view aborted fetuses. I have an old VHS video of the documentary, "Hard Truth." I watched it once. It's horrific.

Quote:
We can't have this tiny life inconveniencing ME!! I'm so important that my convenience comes before someone else's entire life. You have to understand that someone else's life just isn't worth 9 months of inconvenience to me. Far better for them to just die. After all, they're going to die in 80 so years anyway. It's not like something was lost here. I mean I don't feel any loss at all. Their death doesn't even impact me but their living would make me uncomfortable for 9 months and I'm just too important and my convenience too important to me to have that.
It is a very selfish thing.
Quote:

I've been pregnant twice and it's not the issue so many make it out to be. Yes, it's inconvenient but that's all it really is. Rarely does a pregnancy endanger the mother's life and in those cases, you choose to save the person you can. Usually, it's just 9 months of inconvenience. If a human life is not worth that what is it worth? Pregnancy is a temporary condition. All you really have to do is wait 9 months and you get your body back.
I have two daughters, now grown. When my wife was pregnant with them, she continued to work right up to a time (I forget how much, but it wasn't long) just before they were due. She was probably as typical as any other woman. Sometimes it was uncomfortable, I'm sure ... leg cramps ... that sort of thing, but she didn't complain, and when our babies were born, I got to watch both births. It was an awesome thing, and the nurse handed my youngest daughter to me first, right after she was born, and I held her and carried her to my wife's arms. It's a feeling you never forget.

Quote:
It boggles the mind that you can consider yourself so important that it's better that someone else die rather than inconvenience ME!! How can one person's convenience be more important than the ENTIRE LIFE of another person? Regardless what you think it is at the time of the abortion, there is no doubt what would happen if there were no abortion. It would be a person and have an entire life to live. I'm not sure I could destroy that if my life were at stake. I've had the chance to live. Even if it meant my life I don't think I could take that from another person and there is no doubt it will be a person if you just wait.
You nailed it.

Old 12-26-2014, 03:22 PM

18,456 posts, read 19,099,301 times
Quote:
The woman should have a choice. I just think many have an uniformed view of abortion and I reject the growing trend of equating a fetus to a parasite. A fetus is a person's offspring. It should be expected that a healthy minded person would want to protect his or her offspring, not do it harm or destroy it. Abortion should be seen as a last choice, but for too many, it's seen as a form of birth control.

women are not stupid. we know what abortion is.

Old 12-26-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Actual video has shown that the tiny baby does protest. These videos show defensive actions by the fetus. They may not have a voice, but they do fight. ..............
Not the reaction of a sentient being, nothing more than an organism reacting to stimuli. No more thought behind those movements than behind the movements of an amoeba.

BIOL/CSES 4684 - Amoeba

Quote:
Amoeba have no nerves, but can react to stimulation such as strong light, touch
and very warm or very cold temperatures. They respond to this by either
moving away from the offending stimuli, or rolling into a ball.
Science trumps pro-life emotional hysteria and fallacy.

Old 12-27-2014, 12:25 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,310,641 times
Let me guess: The OP is a male, which means he can't get pregnant, and won't ever be in a position of deciding considering abortion. Of course...

I'm a male who supports the right to safe, legal abortion. In fact, I even paid for one once, so I put my money where my beliefs are!

Many others have already debunked your arguments. Yes a human fetus responds to stimuli as any fetus would. Does this mean it is 'aware' of what's happening? No. It's just responding to stimulation.

In biological terms a 6 wk old fetus is basically a tadpole. So, yes, aborting a 6 week old fetus is the equivalent of killing a tadpole. Unless you never eat anything more biologically complex than a tadpole (doubtful), you're argument is hypocritical and has no scientific basis whatsoever.

Last edited by PanapolicRiddle; 12-27-2014 at 12:38 AM..

Old 12-29-2014, 07:05 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,247,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Let me guess: The OP is a male, which means he can't get pregnant, and won't ever be in a position of deciding considering abortion. Of course...

I'm a male who supports the right to safe, legal abortion. In fact, I even paid for one once, so I put my money where my beliefs are!

Many others have already debunked your arguments. Yes a human fetus responds to stimuli as any fetus would. Does this mean it is 'aware' of what's happening? No. It's just responding to stimulation.

In biological terms a 6 wk old fetus is basically a tadpole. So, yes, aborting a 6 week old fetus is the equivalent of killing a tadpole. Unless you never eat anything more biologically complex than a tadpole (doubtful), you're argument is hypocritical and has no scientific basis whatsoever.
To say a growing developing human is a frog shows the contempt the left has for life

Old 12-29-2014, 07:26 AM

63,278 posts, read 29,374,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Women dying from pregnancy is not ridiculous......it is a FACT, even with the best doctors on earth.

Legal, safe abortion is much safer and has very few, if any, complications.

The risks I decide to take with my health are my business, not yours.
Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Where did I say that dying from pregnancy doesn't exist? What I said is that it is rare compared to those who give birth without complications. I don't think your concerns about yourself being in danger with a pregnancy has anything to do with your pro-abortion stance because any problems can be ruled out early by a physician or monitored. I think your views are simply the mindset of most pro-abortionists that you should be allowed to end a life for your own convenience. Now please don't misquote me again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies