Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2014, 01:02 PM

63,365 posts, read 29,429,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I never said it wasn't a "life" it is potential life. it does not truly live till it is born. it can not "live" if a woman does not want to bear a pregnancy.

I also never said woman who give birth and keep the child is a bad thing it is about choice and a woman has 3. none of which is my business or yours unless you are the one who is pregnant.

a fetus has no rights and neither does a "baby" until it is born.

in america no woman should give birth against her will. no matter if she got pregnant "irresponsibly" or not.
Merely your opinion and I think it sucks. Everyone should be held accountable for their mistakes. The woman gave up her "will" when she chose to be careless and have unprotected sex. No baby should be killed against its will either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 04:12 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,113,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
This is a lame argument for abortion because babies aren't available here. I know one couple who tried for nearly a decade to adopt a baby and then finally gave up. This argument is stupid. There is a HUGE difference between adopting a baby and adopting an older child who comes with baggage. Most of us can raise a baby from birth without much issue but many of us are just not in position to deal with the psychological damage already done with older children. I am not someone who could do this and I know it. My home would not be the best home for a child with issues I don't know how to deal with but that does not mean I don't want to be a parent and wouldn't make a good one.
Thanks for admitting that in most cases adoption is a selfish act.

It's not about providing a loving home for a child in need, it is about having a pristine newborn.....kinda like wanting a brand new car instead of a used one......fulfilling one's desires.

Shame on all the women who abort instead of providing the selfish with a brand new, shiny baby with low mileage.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:14 PM

6,414 posts, read 6,329,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Merely your opinion and I think it sucks. Everyone should be held accountable for their mistakes. The woman gave up her "will" when she chose to be careless and have unprotected sex. No baby should be killed against its will either.
With that perspective, no baby should be born into a world it did not give permission to be born into. MANY PEOPLE, myself included, have said at some time to her mom, "i never asked to be born."

No one ever did.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:15 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,304,776 times
Quote:
Gotta love this, it is always the woman's fault she gets pregnant, no need for a man to be held accountable for their mistakes.

Also, until a child it born, they are at the will of their host, a woman doesn't lose any of her rights just because something is growing inside her. It is still her choice if she wishes to incubate a fetus, not something anyone else should force onto a woman just because two people had sex.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:22 PM

6,414 posts, read 6,329,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Thanks for admitting that in most cases adoption is a selfish act.

It's not about providing a loving home for a child in need, it is about having a pristine newborn.....kinda like wanting a brand new car instead of a used one......fulfilling one's desires.

Shame on all the women who abort instead of providing the selfish with a brand new, shiny baby with low mileage.
Exactly. Being a parent is SUPPOSED TO BE and act of SELFLESSNESS. But it rarely is.

As I type, there are thousands of children 4 yo and over up for adoption. Also thousands of newborns with disabilities.

Plenty of supply for the demand to be a parent, unless that is not your true underlying motivation.

Something else adoptive parents of newborns rarely consider is the high amount of developmental and emotional disabilities in babies put up for adoption due to hereditary and poor prenatal care of self. I'd estimate that 1/3 of babies 2-4 that i did early intervention with were adopted.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:22 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,113,014 times
Quote:
So, you are against abortion when a woman is careless and has unprotected sex.

Are you saying you are not against abortion when birth control fails?

An example: A woman has her tubes tied. Oooops, she gets pregnant.

In a case like this, you support abortion?

Old 12-24-2014, 06:29 PM

18,488 posts, read 19,129,674 times
Quote:

punishment. that is what you want. to punish a woman because she had sex and got pregnant. no punishment for a man.

Old 12-25-2014, 08:44 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,293,468 times
Quote:
Merely your opinion and I think it sucks. Everyone should be held accountable for their mistakes. The woman gave up her "will" when she chose to be careless and have unprotected sex.
Oh? Is this in your constitution somewhere or is it a local statute, like a zoning law?

Old 12-25-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
With that perspective, no baby should be born into a world it did not give permission to be born into. MANY PEOPLE, myself included, have said at some time to her mom, "i never asked to be born."

No one ever did.

What a ridiculous notion. There is no baby prior to fertilization and conception.

Old 12-25-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
punishment. that is what you want. to punish a woman because she had sex and got pregnant. no punishment for a man.
How is it punishment? The father should take responsibility also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies