Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2014, 09:37 PM

32,246 posts, read 15,216,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Could you verify this for us? Are you sure you are not counting those in the foster parent system who are not even eligible to be adopted?

There are people going to other countries to adopt babies because they are not available here.
All you have to do is look it up. Google is your friend. And what kids are not eligible to be adopted. All kids are eligible. Some just don't want them. People go to different countries for many reasons...the lack of children here isn't the reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 07:09 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,406,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
All you have to do is look it up. Google is your friend.
I did, I did not find it. You obviously did so why not post it? Is it because you just made it up? Google won't show me what you make up.

Quote:
And what kids are not eligible to be adopted. All kids are eligible. Some just don't want them. People go to different countries for many reasons...the lack of children here isn't the reason.
You know what I said. I don't know why people think playing dumb is a valid response.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:47 AM

63,362 posts, read 29,429,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
A young teacher in my area died in childbirth a couple of years ago, tell her husband and the two children who lost their mother "Oh please."

Most people survive bungee and parachute jumping too, doesn't mean I should be forced to take the risk against my will just because someone else thinks I should.

Inconvenience is forgetting to pick up a loaf of bread on the way home, carrying a pregnancy can cost a woman her health, even her life, deplete her finances, she could even lose her job.....and ALL of those things are BIG DEALS.
Again, you are talking about remote cases. Should everyone abort because there is the remote chance they might die or have complications from childbirth? Please..........you're grasping at straws again. Doctors can monitor and detect any possible complications and they will take every step to prevent problems. Our medical technology today is superior. Killing an unborn child is a big deal also but apparently not to you. You're just tossing out everything negative and just hoping your remote and ridiculous claims will stick. I'm done listening to your nonsense.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Says the man who will never have to face an unwanted pregnancy. Sorry, but the bottom line is, I don't have to ask your permission for what I choose to do with my body. And that really pisses you off, doesn't it?
If I were a woman I wouldn't have unprotected sex in the first place. That prevents an "unwanted" pregnancy. If it were me I wouldn't ask anyone's permission about anything as I know right from wrong. No, what ticks me off is all the destroyed lives via abortion. Has nothing to do with you personally.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:57 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,640,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
A young teacher in my area died in childbirth a couple of years ago, tell her husband and the two children who lost their mother "Oh please."

Most people survive bungee and parachute jumping too, doesn't mean I should be forced to take the risk against my will just because someone else thinks I should.

Inconvenience is forgetting to pick up a loaf of bread on the way home, carrying a pregnancy can cost a woman her health, even her life, deplete her finances, she could even lose her job.....and ALL of those things are BIG DEALS.
Hmmmm...didn't a young teacher die not too long ago from complications from an abortion? I guess we should outlaw it....

Old 12-26-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Hmmmm...didn't a young teacher die not too long ago from complications from an abortion? I guess we should outlaw it....
Exactly, a woman can die from an abortion just as easily as she can from a pregnancy.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:19 AM

18,488 posts, read 19,129,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh, please. Most women don't die from pregnancy. Most woman aborting aren't at risk and they know it. They just care more about themselves not being inconvienced than allowing their own flesh and blood to live.

seriously you need to get educated if you think women don't die in child birth. the stats are around 250,000 women around the world die in child birth and 250 or so are in america. are you a man? is that why it is so easy for you to assume pregnancy is a ckae walk because women have a uterus? get educated.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:21 AM

18,488 posts, read 19,129,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly, a woman can die from an abortion just as easily as she can from a pregnancy.
again education is a good thing.

RESULTS:

The pregnancy-associated mortality rate among women who delivered live neonates was 8.8 deaths per 100,000 live births. The mortality rate related to induced abortion was 0.6 deaths per 100,000 abortions. In the one recent comparative study of pregnancy morbidity in the United States, pregnancy-related complications were more common with childbirth than with abortion.
CONCLUSION:

Legal induced abortion is markedly safer than childbirth. The risk of death associated with childbirth is approximately 14 times higher than that with abortion. Similarly, the overall morbidity associated with childbirth exceeds that with abortion.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
seriously you need to get educated if you think women don't die in child birth. the stats are around 250,000 women around the world die in child birth and 250 or so are in america. are you a man? is that why it is so easy for you to assume pregnancy is a ckae walk because women have a uterus? get educated.
Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Where did I say that no women die in childbirth? Wow, a whopping 250 die here in the U.S. compared to millions who give birth without any complications? Yes, I am a man but that has nothing to do with valuing life. Never said that pregnancy was a cakewalk either. My wife and I had three kids. No, you get educated. You are defying the stats that you yourself has provided which is that a life threatening pregnancy is very slim compared to a healthy one and today doctors monitor the risky ones.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
again education is a good thing.

RESULTS:

The pregnancy-associated mortality rate among women who delivered live neonates was 8.8 deaths per 100,000 live births. The mortality rate related to induced abortion was 0.6 deaths per 100,000 abortions. In the one recent comparative study of pregnancy morbidity in the United States, pregnancy-related complications were more common with childbirth than with abortion.
CONCLUSION:

Legal induced abortion is markedly safer than childbirth. The risk of death associated with childbirth is approximately 14 times higher than that with abortion. Similarly, the overall morbidity associated with childbirth exceeds that with abortion.
Still very low compared to having a healthy pregnancy. Keep grasping at straws. It's fun to watch. My granddaughter is 6 months pregnant and had a large mass on one of her ovaries (not related to the pregnancy itself). The surgeon was able to go in and remove the bad ovary and she and the baby are doing quite well. As long as the mother is under a doctor's care the risk of dying from pregnancy is very remote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies