Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2014, 09:20 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,140,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It beats killing them, IMO. No, what I am saying is don't have unprotected sex in the first place. If you can't afford to raise them then any sensible person wouldn't take that chance. It's about responsibility up front. That is such a simple concept.
Yes a simple concept to some but not others. My niece is very conservative and doesn't believe in birth control. So she keeps getting pregnant. And since she doesn't believe in abortion she lives off welfare because she can't afford these kids she keeps having. And yes, she is married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 06:49 AM

63,085 posts, read 29,276,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Yes a simple concept to some but not others. My niece is very conservative and doesn't believe in birth control. So she keeps getting pregnant. And since she doesn't believe in abortion she lives off welfare because she can't afford these kids she keeps having. And yes, she is married.
Nonsense. We all have the ability to reason and act responsibly. Stop making excuses for those who refuse to do that. If one doesn't believe in birth control then they shouldn't rely on the taxpayer to support their broods but figure out a way to support them themselves. We shouldn't have to pay for anyone's personal beliefs.

Old 12-24-2014, 06:54 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,323,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So you want another child to enter the adoption pool which already has about 400,000 kids waiting for homes. Some never get adopted especially the special need kids. And I guess you are saying that women who can't afford to raise a child should have them anyway so they can get on welfare and let the rest of us pay for them.
Could you verify this for us? Are you sure you are not counting those in the foster parent system who are not even eligible to be adopted?

There are people going to other countries to adopt babies because they are not available here.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:04 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,944,570 times
I always find it interesting that liberal's scream, that the woman has a right to do with her body what she wants in defense of abortion. Yet the person being most affected, the baby has no say. Its mother wants to kill it and the poor child has no say. Yet those same liberals will ban people from taking certain drugs, selling themselves as a prostitute, selling their organs or stopping someone from committing suicide. So what happened to the idea that no one has a right to tell me what to do with my own body. They're hypocrites. Those apposed to abortion believe that the child has a right to its life and believe the state should step in to protect the child, by banning abortion, just as the state steps in to protect children being abused by their parents or mandates eduction.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:16 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,592,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I always find it interesting that liberal's scream, that the woman has a right to do with her body what she wants in defense of abortion. Yet the person being most affected, the baby has no say. Its mother wants to kill it and the poor child has no say. Yet those same liberals will ban people from taking certain drugs, selling themselves as a prostitute, selling their organs or stopping someone from committing suicide. So what happened to the idea that no one has a right to tell me what to do with my own body. They're hypocrites. Those apposed to abortion believe that the child has a right to its life and believe the state should step in to protect the child, by banning abortion, just as the state steps in to protect children being abused by their parents.
Everyone has a choice except the person doing the dying here. You see the tiny life doesn't have a voice yet so since it can't complain so we have the right to kill it. After all, it can't protest and if it doesn't protest how do you really know what it wanted? We can't have this tiny life inconveniencing ME!! I'm so important that my convenience comes before someone else's entire life. You have to understand that someone else's life just isn't worth 9 months of inconvenience to me. Far better for them to just die. After all, they're going to die in 80 so years anyway. It's not like something was lost here. I mean I don't feel any loss at all. Their death doesn't even impact me but their living would make me uncomfortable for 9 months and I'm just too important and my convenience too important to me to have that.

I've been pregnant twice and it's not the issue so many make it out to be. Yes, it's inconvenient but that's all it really is. Rarely does a pregnancy endanger the mother's life and in those cases, you choose to save the person you can. Usually, it's just 9 months of inconvenience. If a human life is not worth that what is it worth? Pregnancy is a temporary condition. All you really have to do is wait 9 months and you get your body back.

It boggles the mind that you can consider yourself so important that it's better that someone else die rather than inconvenience ME!! How can one person's convenience be more important than the ENTIRE LIFE of another person? Regardless what you think it is at the time of the abortion, there is no doubt what would happen if there were no abortion. It would be a person and have an entire life to live. I'm not sure I could destroy that if my life were at stake. I've had the chance to live. Even if it meant my life I don't think I could take that from another person and there is no doubt it will be a person if you just wait.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Could you verify this for us? Are you sure you are not counting those in the foster parent system who are not even eligible to be adopted?

There are people going to other countries to adopt babies because they are not available here.
This is a lame argument for abortion because babies aren't available here. I know one couple who tried for nearly a decade to adopt a baby and then finally gave up. This argument is stupid. There is a HUGE difference between adopting a baby and adopting an older child who comes with baggage. Most of us can raise a baby from birth without much issue but many of us are just not in position to deal with the psychological damage already done with older children. I am not someone who could do this and I know it. My home would not be the best home for a child with issues I don't know how to deal with but that does not mean I don't want to be a parent and wouldn't make a good one.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
This is a lame argument for abortion because babies aren't available here. I know one couple who tried for nearly a decade to adopt a baby and then finally gave up. This argument is stupid. There is a HUGE difference between adopting a baby and adopting an older child who comes with baggage. Most of us can raise a baby from birth without much issue but many of us are just not in position to deal with the psychological damage already done with older children. I am not someone who could do this and I know it. My home would not be the best home for a child with issues I don't know how to deal with but that does not mean I don't want to be a parent and wouldn't make a good one.
Babies with mom's addicted to drugs come with issues also.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nonsense. We all have the ability to reason and act responsibly. Stop making excuses for those who refuse to do that. If one doesn't believe in birth control then they shouldn't rely on the taxpayer to support their broods but figure out a way to support them themselves. We shouldn't have to pay for anyone's personal beliefs.
We shouldn't but once the kids are here society must take over if the parents won't. It's not the kids' fault. Perhaps we should simply not let people keep their babies if they cannot afford them with so many who can afford them who want to adopt babies. Perhaps being able to support your children should be a requirement for getting to keep your children.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Babies with mom's addicted to drugs come with issues also.
So? We kill them all because some are born with issues?

Yes, they do have issues as do babies who are born with medical issues however, we actually have some idea how do deal with this situation and a parent adopting a drug addicted child would have some idea what to expect. When you adopt a 10 year old you have no idea what the issues are or how to deal with them. The two situations do not compare nor is this an excuse to kill the unborn enmasse.

I don't support even killing babies of drug addicts. Being born to a drug addict is not a death sentence. While it's not ideal it should still be up the person whose life it is to decide if that life is worth living...but we aren't arguing about drug addicted pregnant women here. Many many babies of non drug addicted women are killed every year when the demand for adoptable babies is high.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
So? We kill them all because some are born with issues?
Did I say that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies